Sox have no plans to trade for Garza

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Sox have no plans to trade for Garza

A few weeks ago I was hopeful league officials would uphold some type of mandatory deadline on the "Theo compensation" but it never happened,  thats why Selig is a complete waste. 

We could have made in impossible for Theo to take part in any major Cub decisions this season by simply backing out of the talks for useless compensation.   Now we face another "patch work" season by trying to insert Bard and Aceves into the starting rotation and hoping for the best.

When will management ever learn from this type of failure?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Sox have no plans to trade for Garza

In Response to Sox have no plans to trade for Garza:
    [QUOTE]A few weeks ago I was hopeful league officials would uphold some type of mandatory deadline on the "Theo compensation" but it never happened,  thats why Selig is a complete waste.  We could have made in impossible for Theo to take part in any major Cub decisions this season by simply backing out of the talks for useless compensation.   Now we face another "patch work" season by trying to insert Bard and Aceves into the starting rotation and hoping for the best.   When will management ever learn from this type of failure?
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

All you could have done was have a lame duck GM that your F.O. didn't want; additional Executive Payroll and still no prospects.

A GM who's team comes in 3rd place two years in a row is not going to get you a frontline or mid rotation starting pitcher as compensation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

right jessie, because every team in MLB wanted to have GM Theo so that he could make hundred million dollar blunder signings for their team too!

based on his signings the past few years, we are lucky we dont owe the Cubs compensation!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

FYI - Law is back and bumping threads.

law2009a

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smartacus. Show Smartacus's posts

the cubs backed off their pursuit of punto ... that was the compensation

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Sox have no plans to trade for Garza:
    [QUOTE]A few weeks ago I was hopeful league officials would uphold some type of mandatory deadline on the "Theo compensation" but it never happened,  thats why Selig is a complete waste.  We could have made in impossible for Theo to take part in any major Cub decisions this season by simply backing out of the talks for useless compensation.   Now we face another "patch work" season by trying to insert Bard and Aceves into the starting rotation and hoping for the best.   When will management ever learn from this type of failure?
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I think Aceves has the ability and stuff to start, I would never think about moving Bard from the pen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

IS GARZA A UNION GUY?

HAHA

IF the Sox dont pay SOMEONE 8 Million or so,

UGH!

Good Grief, I give up already!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

garza may fit the needs of the starting rotation, but he does not fit into the idea of giving up 3-4 minor league prospects at this point. 

his salary in 2012, although not crazy, is also apparently out of the sox range as they seem to be well into finding guys who will make a million if they make the team in the spring.

the luxury tax is real to the sox or at least it is at this time.  perhaps if they have a specific need at the trading deadline in late july they will open the check book a little more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IowaSoxFan. Show IowaSoxFan's posts

Could it be that it was established from the very beginning that a ML player was not part of the package?  Could it be that it was decided that a .... type prospect(s) would the return?  Theo says, "I agree to that, but right now our organization is very thin in the minor leagues.  I am going to dump salary and rebuild this off-season.  My plan is to gain minor league talent via trade this off-season."

So, instead of settling on a current prospect(s) in the currently weak Cub system, Ben says, "You make the moves you need to make.  Gain valuable prospects.  We will meet again Feb. 28 and decide which .... prospect(s) will be the compensation."

A win-win for both guys as Theo has time to get more talent in the system, and Ben has more options in February.

Could this be?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Apparently, the Tigers do. Comcast sports reported Garza will be traded to Detroit for a handful of prospects. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Garza was never going to be the compensation.  Get over it...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sox have no plans to trade for Garza:
    [QUOTE]right jessie, because every team in MLB wanted to have GM Theo so that he could make hundred million dollar blunder signings for their team too! based on his signings the past few years, we are lucky we dont owe the Cubs compensation!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

LOL....interesting way to look at it geo. But I think they Sox were flat NUTS to let him go without settling this to begin with. It's kind of like letting a bank robber go on the condition that he sends you a check to cover the money he stole when he gets to the next city. Succor!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

LOL....interesting way to look at it geo. But I think they Sox were flat NUTS to let him go without settling this to begin with. It's kind of like letting a bank robber go on the condition that he sends you a check to cover the money he stole when he gets to the next city. Succor!

..."let him go"?

He was going anyway.

The Cubs and Sox talked and have an idea what the comp will be. It's not anything close to Garza. 

I can't believe so many posters here are still hung up on this nonissue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Sox have no plans to trade for Garza:
    [QUOTE]LOL....interesting way to look at it geo. But I think they Sox were flat NUTS to let him go without settling this to begin with. It's kind of like letting a bank robber go on the condition that he sends you a check to cover the money he stole when he gets to the next city. Succor! ..."let him go"? He was going anyway. The Cubs and Sox talked and have an idea what the comp will be. It's not anything close to Garza.  I can't believe so many posters here are still hung up on this nonissue.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    Moon, it is like so many other non-issues since 2011 ended. Trading Ells for Kemp, trading for Hanley Ramirez, obtaining Josh Willingham and on an on. Some Red Sox fans just got used to us spending like the Yankees used to. The new CBA has put an end to the crazy spending for a while and the Red Sox are most certainly doing everything to control spending right now. We need to simply live with it for a few years.