Sox health worries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Sox health worries

Should we be concerned?   Napoli= hip issues, Pedroia= nicked and dinged up last year but battled through, Drew= recover from nasty broken ankle, Middlebrooks= recovering from a broken hand, DH Ortiz=Achilles heel (still recovering), Outfield Ellsbury=very brittle shoulder and rib issues in the past, Victorino, Gomes are ok,  Catchers are healthy.  Pitchers are healthy except for Lackey (TJ surgery), Bailey (thumb damage).  Even some of our back ups are injury prone Sweeney (broken hand), Kalish (shoulder surgery again).  Did I miss anyone?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Re: Sox health worries

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

Wally. His suit has not been washed in years.

And Wally is vital to the teams success, just ask Remy.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

Here's something I don't get. Why do people think Remy and Orsillo are such a great announcing team? IMO they're one of the worst announcing teams I've ever heard. Orsillo is an OK play by play man and when they're actually talking about the game they're decent. Too often though, which my entirely subjective analysis puts at >= 50% of the time, they're talking about anything but the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Here's something I don't get. Why do people think Remy and Orsillo are such a great announcing team? IMO they're one of the worst announcing teams I've ever heard. Orsillo is an OK play by play man and when they're actually talking about the game they're decent. Too often though, which my entirely subjective analysis puts at >= 50% of the time, they're talking about anything but the game.

They are somewhat entertaining.  And that is truely what NESN is looking for.  They are not great announcers but I enjoy a cold beverage and some of the banter they throw around.  After all the Sox were terrible last year so you need some entertainment in the booth.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to Mchampion's comment:

I have to admit....A couple of years ago I agreed with this 100%!!  They drove me nuts...I hated all of the self promoting that Remy did and how Orsillo was the big goober....drove me NUTS!!  Then I did a lot of traveling and was introduced to other play by play and color people.  I found myself being absolutely LULLED to sleep.  I have heard at least 15 different combos...not including national TV people.....let me tell you...and pained me to admit it....I found myself VERY lucky to have them two to listen to.  Sure they start to drive you nuts but compared to others...they are top notch.  With that said.....Radio guys usually TROUNCE TV guys anyway.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i find don and Remy to br pretty objective too. When i listen to road announcers more often than not they crap all over the sox. especially the bums on the YES network..

Sections
Shortcuts