Sox ink Corey Brown to a minor league contract.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Sox ink Corey Brown to a minor league contract.

Ben Cherrington has benn a busy man the last two weeks as the Sox have added 3 pitchers and 3 outfielders, the latest signee is former #1 draft choice of the Oakland A's. He's the 3rd CF'er they have signed in the last 2 weeks, one things for sure Bradley better bring his A game..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Sox ink Corey Brown to a minor league contract.

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Ben Cherrington has benn a busy man the last two weeks as the Sox have added 3 pitchers and 3 outfielders, the latest signee is former #1 draft choice of the Oakland A's. He's the 3rd CF'er they have signed in the last 2 weeks, one things for sure Bradley better bring his A game..

none of the guys they've signed will be more than bandaids if Bradley struggles and they have to make a change....One thing that is certain is that they needed to add another OF to the mix capable of playing CF if they want to keep Victorino full time in RF. They also have to replace Bradley in AAA....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Depth! Each signing was about adding another layer of depth, in casr of emergency.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Corey Brown was not #1 draf choice of the A's.  A's picked Simmons and Doolittle before picking Brown.  Another good depth addition by Ben though.  Brown plays all OFs and has tons of power on his bat.  But Ben has added 3 left-handed batters now.  Bit interesting.  JBJ, Sizemore, Cousins, and Brown all LHB and plays CF.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Got to field the minor league rosters as well.  Need to fill all positions with depth, and they unless they are a top prospect working their way up those guys are not going to be very intriguing names.  If they were better......they would be on someone else's team starting. 

In a perfect world we will have a clean bill of health and JBJ will emerge with his defense and offfense and/or Sizemore will stay healthy and be at least 75% the player he once was. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Corey Brown was not #1 draf choice of the A's.  A's picked Simmons and Doolittle before picking Brown.  Another good depth addition by Ben though.  Brown plays all OFs and has tons of power on his bat.  But Ben has added 3 left-handed batters now.  Bit interesting.  JBJ, Sizemore, Cousins, and Brown all LHB and plays CF.  

Yes he was a number one pick he was the 59th player selected so technically he was a former first round pick (albeit a compensatory pick). I'm not the one who makes the rules as to how the players are rated. However thnx for trying to correct me...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Yes he was a number one pick he was the 59th player selected so technically he was a former first round pick (albeit a compensatory pick). I'm not the one who makes the rules as to how the players are rated. However thnx for trying to correct me...

Let me try this again plain and simple for you so you can understand.  #1 pick is not equal to first round pick.  James Simmons was A's #1 pick and he was selected 26th overall.  you should have said A's former first round pick, not #1 draft choice.  However thnx for trying hard to correct me.. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This guy is another one like Brett Lillibridge, defensive player who cannot hit a lick. Of no help and not exactly the type of signing that sends fireworks blasting into the sky.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

This guy is another one like Brett Lillibridge, defensive player who cannot hit a lick. Of no help and not exactly the type of signing that sends fireworks blasting into the sky.

What do you exactly expect for a minor league contract?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

LOL...I guess you're basing this on his 45 plate appearances in the majors that are spread over three seasons?

Check out his minor league stats...they're pretty good. It looks like he has some pop in his bat and a little speed as well.

Not a sexy signing, but what do you expect from a minor league deal? This guy will be playing in Pawtucket and ideally won't see Boston, but you never know when you're going to need one of these AAAA-type guys to step up and fill in for the major league club. (Who thought Darnell McDonald and Pedro Ciriaco would ever become household names?) Depth, depth, depth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Every year it baffles me why some posters will inevitably show up to complain about a signing like this. Were you hoping for Nelson Cruz to be roaming the outfield at McCoy Stadium or something? Maybe if Ben had moved quicker he could have gotten Choo or Granderson.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Let me try this again plain and simple for you so you can understand.  #1 pick is not equal to first round pick.  James Simmons was A's #1 pick and he was selected 26th overall.  you should have said A's former first round pick, not #1 draft choice.  However thnx for trying hard to correct me.. 

GFY! I wrote what i read from MLBTR you want to argue semantics go to the local college of your choice and argue law.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

GFY! I wrote what i read from MLBTR you want to argue semantics go to the local college of your choice and argue law.

Just admit your mistake.  Is that just too hard for you?  I think it's you that need to go to the local college of your choice and learn about writing.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just admit your mistake.  Is that just too hard for you?  I think it's you that need to go to the local college of your choice and learn about writing.  

I wrote what was written, in an article that was written by a reporter for MLBTR. I wasn't wrong you are! If you don't like what I write here's a suggestion for you, hit the ignore button. By the way until they change the rankings of compensatory picks as being first round picks, Corey Brown was a first round draft choice, can you comprehend english, stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I wrote what was written in an article that was written by a reporter for MLBTR. I wasn't wrong you are! If you don't like what I wrtite here's a suggestion for you, hit the ignore button. By the way until they change the rankings of compensatory picks as being first round picks Corey Brown was a first round draft choice, can you comprehend english stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boys they both were first round draft choices and neither were the first picked one was the 26th in the first round and the first by the A's the other the 3rd by the A's but 59th in the first round.

i hope this settles your silly argument.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Adding more depth is never a bad thing, especially if we finally do pull the trigger in a trade that involves a few prospects and a SP for another bat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I wrote what was written, in an article that was written by a reporter for MLBTR. I wasn't wrong you are! If you don't like what I write here's a suggestion for you, hit the ignore button. By the way until they change the rankings of compensatory picks as being first round picks, Corey Brown was a first round draft choice, can you comprehend english, stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What part did you not understand?  Read my first response if you can read english.  And my respond was really not about arguing you.  It is at your fault to copy and paste what was written on the internet.  I said Corey Brown is not the first pick of A's, he is first rounder.  First pick for the A's was James Simmons who was drafted 26th overall.  Isn't it obvious you don't comprehend english?  You keep making yourself look really bad.  I'm just trying to make correction. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I wrote what was written in an article that was written by a reporter for MLBTR. I wasn't wrong you are! If you don't like what I wrtite here's a suggestion for you, hit the ignore button. By the way until they change the rankings of compensatory picks as being first round picks Corey Brown was a first round draft choice, can you comprehend english stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boys they both were first round draft choices and neither were the first picked one was the 26th in the first round and the first by the A's the other the 3rd by the A's but 59th in the first round.

i hope this settles your silly argument.

Hi grandpa,  I never said Corey Brown was not first round choice.  He's just not the first pick of A's.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Goodbye seannyboi!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Goodbye seannyboi!

Sportsbozo1,

It does seem like a rather simple, albeit non semantical difference.  No need for the pizzing match, & yes Seannybboi is correct.  It was an obvious & small mistake.  No worries.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Your posting privilages were suspended for 30 seconds, but have been reinstated.  It's all good. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Your posting privilages were suspended for 30 seconds, but have been reinstated.  It's all good. :)

I simply put him on ignore I'm not a snitch and I don't cry to whoever runs this conversation board. It's one thing to say once you think you are right about something, but when you drone on and on, I simply tune you out and as far as I'm concerned as I stated in the first place he was a first round draft choice, therefore my posting is correct. I didn't copy and paste. I wrote what it said on MLBTR. If people are going critisize my writing what it says in articles I don't write, then so be it. I don't nit pick about inconsequenstial things like draft choice position, and I only included it because it shows that though the signing was not a major one, at one time a team felt he was an excellent baseball player when he first arrived in MLB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Goodbye seannyboi!

Sportsbozo1,

It does seem like a rather simple, albeit non semantical difference.  No need for the pizzing match, & yes Seannybboi is correct.  It was an obvious & small mistake.  No worries.

Thank you dirtdog.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Why is there even a thread on this guy? Have any of you looked at his stats?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

Corey Brown.. I was thinking CHARLIE Brown.

Sections
Shortcuts