Sox interested in Drew

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Sox interested in Drew

Just what the Sox need, another LHB in the lineup. While Drew would not be the worst pick up, 8-10M is too much for him. They need to stick with Iggy and see what he can do starting for a full season. The Sox are not going to contend anyway in 2013, so this is a good time to do it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Sox interested in Drew

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just what the Sox need, another LHB in the lineup. While Drew would not be the worst pick up, 8-10M is too much for him. They need to stick with Iggy and see what he can do starting for a full season. The Sox are not going to contend anyway in 2013, so this is a good time to do it.

[/QUOTE]

Wow look at all them LHB's???

• Ellsbury - L
    • Victorino - S
    • Pedroia - R
    • Ortiz - L
    • Napoli - R
    • Middlebrooks - R
    • Gomes - R
    • Salty/Ross - S/R
    • Drew - L

Spot on clueless again!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

While I am dead set against Drew, we are going to be weaker vs RHPs than we were last year, and contrary to what many poster believe, we have been worse vs RHPs recently.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

I want to see iggy. 

If not now, when?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

"Four-letter-F-word" no to S. Drew. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i'd take drew over iggy anytime...iggy is just not ready for MLB pitching...he's not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Plug in Iglesias and do not look back

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Plug in Iglesias and do not look back

[/QUOTE]

i could live with that...his D is what we need...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow look at all them LHB's???

• Ellsbury - L
    • Victorino - S
    • Pedroia - R
    • Ortiz - L
    • Napoli - R
    • Middlebrooks - R
    • Gomes - R
    • Salty/Ross - S/R
    • Drew - L

Spot on clueless again!

[/QUOTE]

We have virtually no lefthanded hitting, which according to Ike, is too much.

I can't begin to explain how he arrives at the conclusions he does.

Drew is a better option than Iglesias this year.  It won't bother me to go with Iglesias in 2013, and I think he should start in 2014, but if Drew is available on a one-year make-good, there are very few players in BB that make more sense, imo.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnecticutChris. Show ConnecticutChris's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd be very surprised if S. Drew would come here after what happened to J.D. Drew.

[/QUOTE]

LOL

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

stephen drew & red sox in agreement. deal gives jose iglesias & xander bogaerts time to develop. http://cbsprt.co/UCwpYd

Drew gets $9.5M salary. #redsox

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

All depends on the deal. 8-10 too much. 1 yr 5-6 mil would work and give Iggy more time to get bat ready. I'd like to see Iggy win job in ST, but if he's hitting .118 in ST we are going to need something better than PC as the fulltime SS. IF Iggy can prove he can hit 240-250 the job his his, but has not come close to proving that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnecticutChris. Show ConnecticutChris's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ConnecticutChris's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'd be very surprised if S. Drew would come here after what happened to J.D. Drew.

[/QUOTE]

LOL

stephen drew & red sox in agreement. deal gives jose iglesias & xander bogaerts time to develop. http://cbsprt.co/UCwpYd

[/QUOTE]

That is one fast, instant screenname. You Yankee trolls really have no lives.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Yankee troll at all Kim. Die Hard Sox fan here. I used to post on this site several years ago.....and FWIW, this is the first time I've been back in quite a while. For some reason I'm unable to access my former account / screen name (CTChris).

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnecticutChris. Show ConnecticutChris's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Yankee troll at all Kim. Die Hard Sox fan here. I used to post on this site several years ago.....and FWIW, this is the first time I've been back in quite a while. For some reason I'm unable to access my former account / screen name (CTChris).

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. No one knows that screenname "CTChris".

[/QUOTE]

I think a few around here know it. Ask HfxBob and JoeB. I'm not sure who still posts here or not because like I said, it's been a while, so there may be a few others who know me and remember.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I'd be happy to have Drew at SS.  The Sox have a legitimate chance to contend in 2013 and would be far better off with a proper MLB SS than a .400 OPS pipe dream.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnecticutChris. Show ConnecticutChris's posts

[QUOTE]

You're calling Hallifax "Bob". That just tells me you're a "name" from the other site that was created by Yankee fans on a Sox site to wreck that board. And tells me you could be anyone. I'm not sure they would even know the difference on that site.

[/QUOTE]

Geez Kim, paranoid much? Kinda quick to pull the trigger on calling me a Yankkes troll don't ya think?

Hey, what do I know.....maybe this place has turned into troll heaven and you have reason to call people names so fast, but I can assure you that I'm neither a Yankees fan or a troll.

I meant no offense to you with my initial post. I just found it amusing that not a minute after you said you would be surprised if the Sox signed Drew that Heyman broke the news that they indeed did sign him. If I offended, sorry. That wasn't my intention.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ConnecticutChris' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think a few around here know it. Ask HfxBob and JoeB. I'm not sure who still posts here or not because like I said, it's been a while, so there may be a few others who know me and remember.

[/QUOTE]

I do, Chris. good to see you back. BDC took over the forum software and all accounts needed to re register. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnecticutChris. Show ConnecticutChris's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do, Chris. good to see you back. BDC took over the forum software and all accounts needed to re register. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks JBay...... and that would explain why I can't access my old account.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're calling Hallifax "Bob". That just tells me you're a "name" from the other site that was created by Yankee fans on a Sox site to wreck that board. And tells me you could be anyone. I'm not sure they would even know the difference on that site.

[/QUOTE]

You really need to quit taking those pike pills kim. Nobody needs you to police this forum. If you don't like it here, you know the solution...