Sox Issues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from khuberpt. Show khuberpt's posts

Sox Issues

The bullpen has had its fair share of injuries, and now you can add bailey to that list.  Victorino cant stay healthy and is out again today.  Buchholz has had multiple opinions and is a few weeks, at best, away from returning to the sox.  wmb has not found his swing in pawtucket.  for the team to handle all of this and still be where they are is amazing.  but, sooner or later their luck is bound to run out.  so, what do they do?  there are a few holes that need to be filled to aide the club into their second half of the season.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Sox Issues

In response to khuberpt's comment:

The bullpen has had its fair share of injuries, and now you can add bailey to that list.  Victorino cant stay healthy and is out again today.  Buchholz has had multiple opinions and is a few weeks, at best, away from returning to the sox.  wmb has not found his swing in pawtucket.  for the team to handle all of this and still be where they are is amazing.  but, sooner or later their luck is bound to run out.  so, what do they do?  there are a few holes that need to be filled to aide the club into their second half of the season.  

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to arrive at the conclusion that the sox need to and will be looking to add a couple of arms to the pen. Our rotation with or without Buccholz is not a huge concern in the short term. As long as we get quality innings from Lester, Lackey, Doubront & Dempster. They can cobble the 5th spot together with the young guns riding the Pawtucket express. Longer term as in the rest of the year, if Buccholz is out for an extended period, then they likely will look to add a starter too...

Middlebrooks status for the rest of the season is a non-issue. Long term as in the next 3 to 5 years it's on him to show that he is indeed the 3b of the future. I like Holt the kids a gamer and Syder's doing a solid job too...end of the day I wouldn't be surprised if they acquired another corner guy in the next month or so but it's not a pressing need....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The Sox are looking for some bullpen arms, and some outlets are reporting them to be investigating 3B options. 

BP is a necessity.  3B?  I have no problem with Drew and Iglesias holding down the left side.  I could see maybe getting a little depth, like a Juan Uribe type just in case.

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to notin's comment:

The Sox are looking for some bullpen arms, and some outlets are reporting them to be investigating 3B options. 

BP is a necessity.  3B?  I have no problem with Drew and Iglesias holding down the left side.  I could see maybe getting a little depth, like a Juan Uribe type just in case.

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

yeah..i would like one more starter also...

Sections
Shortcuts