Sox Lineup Turnovers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Sox Lineup Turnovers

Sometimes when you have a team as pathetic offensively as the Sox, you don't have to systematically platoon and take guys out and put other guys in. The Sox scored 8 runs and showed some life, some of that being Jackie Bradley getting on base a few times and gunning out a runner at home. Maybe it meant nothing that a .200 hitter was sitting so a very raw Betts could start in CF, and maybe it was important to put Xander back at 3b, but if you got one lineup that actually worked for once, would it have been so bad to trot it out there on Monday? Maybe they would have been near no-hitted no matter what, but I can tell that Bradley sitting after that game was a mistake. The kid needs confidence and a manager to back him, not let's play this rookie Betts, who no offense, really shouldn't be in the big leagues and rushed to the majors the way he was. It's grasping for straws by Farrell/Ben. I'm sure the "geniuses" here will talk about how it was planned, and how sitting Bradley was perfectly alright since no one thinks he can hit anyway, but it felt wrong to sit Bradley for Betts...but then Nava plays every game v righties and Xander is not allowed to play SS, and Drew must play every day despite hitting WORSE THAN BRADLEY. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Sox Lineup Turnovers

I realize the Sox suck, but this is where the manager needs to show some insight and maybe take a chance that if you are going to go with the kids, then really do it---Xander at SS, Bradley in CF, Holt at 3b. But Betts needs minor league experience--he is too rushed. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I didn't get that either. Not sure what Farrell is thinking..but if you have a lineup that has success..why not go with it for the next game?

This constant moving of positions is becoming a bit over the top...taking people in and out of the lineup is almost as crazy as stubbornly leaving Drew in the lineup at SS.

At this point I hope they trade Xander..so he can be on a team that is willing to develop him at SS. I hope Peavy gets traded so he can be on a team where he may actually get some run support.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Sunday JBJ throws a guy out at home and Monday he sits.  Does not make much sense to me either

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

steve, mis-cricket, that's what is mystifying. You have a feel-good win and the guy who had a good part of the win sits the very next game. I don't know how you expect JBJR to feel when he sits for a guy who was fast-tracked to MLB faster than a Fed-EX overnight delivery. I don't expect JBJR to hit much, but I still feel he is more of a plus than a detriment at least until the team ever gets a CF that is both good defensively and offensively. Until that time, I've seen what I need to see and JBJR should play CF until he hits his way out of the position or hits his way into it. He needs a 15-game stretch of starts--right now. Not sit for Betts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This team scored an average of 3 runs a game in June.  That's why all the shuffling.  One good game against a mediocre starter like Chase Whitley didn't prove anything.  Last night just confirmed that.  Arrieta has been pitching extremely well lately, also. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

HF, you got to start somewhere. Maybe all the shuffling isn't working. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Nope, the shuffling hasn't accomplished much.  They have settled on 4 spots in the order for now, 1-3-4-5.  Nava in the 2 spot against RH starter.  The rest has been a variety pack.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think Sox management keeps studying the horrible numbers from 6-9 spots and just shaking their heads in disbelief.  With Betts promotion the desperation is obvious. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Yup, it's a disaster the lineup in general.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I feel sorry for Betts if only in the respect that I don't think even his parents get that it was a desperation, PR move by the Sox...a dumb one, but what's done is done. Now send the kid back to the minors and stopped screwing with future prospects before they are ripe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I like Betts, but I'll like him better in 2016.

Sections
Shortcuts