Sox looking at Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Sox looking at Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/miguel-alfredo-gonzalez-could-sign-next-week.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I don't know anything about him. Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Re: Sox looking at Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez?

"Gonzalez, who was cleared to sign with an MLB team earlier this week, could get as much as $60MM over five years."

Dam that's a lot for unproven talent, but at the same time look at Chapman, Cespedes, Puig, etc.

I say go all in, and don't pick up Lester's option for next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm skeptical on giving that much money on unproven talent myself.  I'm assuming he demands it for some reason and I've heard he's close to MLB ready, then again if you are 26 and not ready/close to being ready then you ain't ever making it to the big leagues (all things considered).

The plus side of such a deal could be to add a potential impactful arm down the stretch without having to give away any prospects. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Thats why you hire Scouts and Talent Evaluators. No Bill James here. Given the track record of Cuban defectors, kid is probably ready to pitch from day one in the Majors. So much talent down there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

We should at least bid up the price to make sure whoever signs him overpays. The more other teams overpay, the less competition there'll be when we decide to pull the trigger on someone we really need.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Duplicate, sorry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Say all you want about the Dodgers Front Office as far as Trades go, but when it comes to young Talent and who they should Draft or Sign, the Dodgers have some of the best Scouts in Baseball. Reading they are going all out for this kid. Sox have to get in on this, if this kid is real deal.

Hugh is right, if Major League ready, this is the kid instead of giving up Prospects down the stretch. Real good option here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Heres a scouting report on him...

http://www.obstructedview.net/news-and-rumors/miguel-alfredo-gonzalez-stats.html

By the scouting reports, hes doesnt seem like anything more than a MOTR arm. I guess time will tell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Sounds pretty interesting and he looks like a decent pick up without having to give up any prospects.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Sounds pretty interesting and he looks like a decent pick up without having to give up any prospects.

I agree. I just dont want fans here to get their hopes up that hes the next great ace.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Reading his Stats, one real positive is doesn't walk batters.

Take that back, sorry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

What's he been doing over the last year and a half?  Stats show he has logged 6 innings in 2012, and 3 1/3 in 2013?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

What's he been doing over the last year and a half?  Stats show he has logged 6 innings in 2012, and 3 1/3 in 2013?

He was suspended for trying to flee the country and got caught.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Between Gonzalez and Hinijoso, the Cuban National team is being picked off one by one! Another of their stud pitchers popped the clutch on them in Iowa last night a lefty Misael Severio I don't know anything about any of these guys but they could conceivably alter the pennent races in either league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I really don't see Sox going hard after him.  Reports are saying he can get 5 yr deal worth $60M.  We have Bucholz, Dempster, Doubront, Lackey for multiple years and Sox won't give up on Lester that easy.  Unless they trade Lester, he will pitch in Sox uniform in 2014.  We also have Webster and Rubby waiting to be called up.  Workman can be pitched out of BP but he's another option that can be added to the rotation.  it's just hard to see Sox spending $60M for already crowded rotation.  MAG can certainly help this 2nd half if Bucholz is to miss more time and MAG turns out to be what he is advertised.  But i think it's too much money, years, and roster moves (offseason and/or non-waiver/waiver TD) involved.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

his name makes him sound like a boxer :-)

Sections
Shortcuts