SOX MAGIC NUMBER "5"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

SOX MAGIC NUMBER "5"

If I did my math right, the Sox Magic number to get the Wild Card is now 5  as of 11:30 PM, and considering the level of play that our Sox have unfortunately find themselves in, it isn't going to be easy.  To win it on their own, the Sox must win 5 of the remaining 6.  Ain't going to happen.  It looks like the Sox will have to back in to win the WC with the Rays, and now the Angels, still having a shot to win the WC.  Absolutely unbelievable!

GO SOX DESPITE THEO AND FRANCONA. Cry    

(THE ORGINAL POST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH THE YANKS BEATING THE RAYS THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT 4-2)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Re: SOX MAGIC NUMBER "7"

Losing all of these games is on the players. Most true baseball fans know this. It does make good copy in a baseball forum however to scapegoat the manager or the front office or one or two players. You can probably find similar behavior in other baseball forums. Many forums are loaded with young kids and that might be a reason for such shallow thinking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You see the Rays taking 4 of the next 6 with NY. I don't think so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Magic number will be six in a few minutes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: SOX MAGIC NUMBER "7":
    [QUOTE]You see the Rays taking 4 of the next 6 with NY. I don't think so.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Yanks likely won't be playing for much in that last series.  Just like Texas won't be playing for much against the LAAofA in their last series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

6 it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Your math may be correct but your reasoning is illogical.  After this series with the Yankees, the Rays go home for their final 6 games.  After this series with the Orioles the Sox go on the road for their final 6 games.  The Orioles are playing almost .500 ball at home...a sweep is not likely especially since Beckett may not pitch in that final series against the Orioles assuming he pitches the final game Sunday against the Yanks.  It almost has to be that way to set up their pitching for the post season. 

The current Sox effort will not cut it - they have to step it up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]6 it is.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

6 it is.....WTG Yanks.  Now with a little luck tonight, the WC number could be down to 4, which sounds a lot better.  GO SOX DESPITE THEO AND FRANCONA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SOX MAGIC NUMBER "7" : 6 it is.....WTG Yanks.  Now with a little luck tonight, the WC number could be down to 4, which sounds a lot better.  GO SOX DESPITE THEO AND FRANCONA.
    Posted by lucbom[/QUOTE]

It would definitely help the Red Sox if they can win tonight. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: SOX MAGIC NUMBER "6"

I put this on another post. Good copy & paste here I think !

As you can tell by the cartoon, I'm not a Yankee fan. In fact, I have always been a fan of any team who plays against them. I'm almost feeling guilty rooting for them but why haven't we lately, albeit having won games in Sept with 4 of the 5 victories scoring over 10 runs (9/3 Texas 12-7, 9/6 Jays 14-0, 9/13 Jays 18-6 & 9/19 Orioles 18-9) been able to do what they did today. When have we last been able to come from behind after the 8th inning as they have done? Rays get 2 runs on 9 hits and NY, 4 runs on 7 hits. Fortunately Tampa lacked some clutch hits and what do you think we've done in Sept losing 7 games by 1 run & 2 games by 2 runs ?

Ok, now that we can forget about winning the division...I forgot many, many days ago, let's hope the Yankees sweep today and we win 1 in a row...not an easy task lately. We'd go to 89 W & 67 L & the Rays 85 W & 70 L so we 'd be +4 and + 3 respectively.  Then we'd need, and ya know, I fear the Yankees less than the Rays, a 2 out of 3 or at least not get swept in NY.

Sections
Shortcuts