Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way

I didn't believe it in April or May.  But, the way they compete, I really see the Sox battling tooth and nail and getting to 100 wins.  95 wins looks realistic and if the Bedard eats innings and Clay comes back, 100 wins is a possibility.  They only look toward the next pitch/game/series.  With focus like that they could get to 100 wins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way

In Response to Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way:
    I didn't believe it in April or May.  But, the way they compete, I really see the Sox battling tooth and nail and getting to 100 wins.  95 wins looks realistic and if the Bedard eats innings and Clay comes back, 100 wins is a possibility.  They only look toward the next pitch/game/series.  With focus like that they could get to 100 wins.
    Posted by jimdavis

That would be great Jim but the PS is where we really need to win.  Teams like Texas and the Yanks, or possibly even the Angels won't care too much about what we did in the regular season.  It should be a great PS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way:
    In Response to Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : That would be great Jim but the PS is where we really need to win.  Teams like Texas and the Yanks, or possibly even the Angels won't care too much about what we did in the regular season.  It should be a great PS
    Posted by craze4sox

All I can say is to enjoy each game, the last month of the regular season - the journey is important instead of the destination. Life is too short to feel entitled or to expect any guarantees. If you expect or demand to win the World Series at this point in time then you are acting like a spoiled Yankee fan or else you should be one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : All I can say is to enjoy each game, the last month of the regular season - the journey is important instead of the destination. Life is too short to feel entitled or to expect any guarantees. If you expect or demand to win the World Series at this point in time then you are acting like a spoiled Yankee fan or else you should be one.
    Posted by Your-Echo

You're right we should be satisfied with 100 wins :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Given the 2 game lead, I like the optimism. Health and pitching. Hopefully Bedard takes to our system and stays healthy. Could lead to a mutually happy relationship even beyond this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Me thinks that DannyCater is here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The Yankees may or may not overtake the Red Sox for the division. I'm looking more at the wild card race and seeing that there's an 8 game lead over the Angels. It'll be difficult to squander an 8 game lead with two months to play, and with one of those months having up to 40 players on the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

100 games!  You heard it here first. :)

I'm not worried about the Yankees or the Angels in the postseason. Texas may be an obstacle, but I believe we can get past them. No stopping the Sox this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I wouldn't discount the Tigers. In a 5 game series, Verlander could pitch twice. If any other Tiger wins just one game, that's the series right there. Detroit has some good bats in their lineup too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

The Yankees may or may not overtake the Red Sox for the division. I'm looking more at the wild card race and seeing that there's an 8 game lead over the Angels. It'll be difficult to squander an 8 game lead with two months to play, and with one of those months having up to 40 players on the team.
    Posted by davidap

You owe yourself a cruise or a week at the beach. Come back for the post season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

It really doesn't matter whether we win 93 games or 100 games, as long as we make it to the postseason.  Yes, winning the division would be nice, but I suspect that if/when a playoff spot is more or less clinched, Francona will start resting his players and getting the rotation lined up for the postseason.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : All I can say is to enjoy each game, the last month of the regular season - the journey is important instead of the destination. Life is too short to feel entitled or to expect any guarantees. If you expect or demand to win the World Series at this point in time then you are acting like a spoiled Yankee fan or else you should be one.
    Posted by Your-Echo

Absolutely!  Enjoy the ride!  Nothing is guaranteed, especially in the postseason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Sox may, may, may lose Zero rest of way. Rays may not go away. This thread is meaningless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

jimdavis how is Bedard eating innings an asset? He needs to win, and pitch effectively. 

Here I thought you knew something about baseball. 3 starters that share the same best asset - eating innings - does not equate to a championship.

If Beckett and Lackey pitch their best but the other 3 only eat innings than good luck Red Sox cause they will need a lot of it.

I hope Beddard can do more than just eat innings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

100 games!  You heard it here first. :) I'm not worried about the Yankees or the Angels in the postseason. Texas may be an obstacle, but I believe we can get past them. No stopping the Sox this season.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Hearing it here and them actually doing it are two different things.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

jimdavis how is Bedard eating innings an asset? He needs to win, and pitch effectively.  Here I thought you knew something about baseball. 3 starters that share the same best asset - eating innings - does not equate to a championship. If Beckett and Lackey pitch their best but the other 3 only eat innings than good luck Red Sox cause they will need a lot of it. I hope Beddard can do more than just eat innings.
    Posted by BurritoT

Whatever...If Bedard eats innings, the Sox offense will carry them to the appropriate number of wins.  When I watch Sox games, if the starter can get through the first 2 innings with no problem, the Sox usually win because they will get to the other team's starter by grinding away at their at-bats.  Its when Lackey or Miller blows up in the 1st or 2nd that the pressure mounts.  So, I expect Bedard to battle and give the Sox a shot to win each start.  If I have disappointed you with some sort of lack of baseball knowledge that you possess, I don't know how I can go on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

They could easily win 100 games, and may need to if they want to hold off the Yankees.  As well as the Sox have been playing, they are only 2 games ahead of the yanks.

They don't need to have the best record in the majors, just the best record in the AL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

jimdavis you sound like the quintessential 1970's fan, "If they hit the ball we will win,".... how'd that work out for you?

You wanna tell me this offense is far more SUPERIOR than 1977, 78, and 79? You wanna tell me that Fergie Jenkins, Bill Lee, and Torrez could not EAT MORE INNINGS than this bull we have at 3, 4, and 5?

I didn't think so.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Ya know Jim you rip posters on a daily basis here whether they are true Sox fans or not. I'd like to say that I am as much of a RS fan as you could ever aspire to be. I also, wrongly half the time, get on posters cases here. Why don't you step up now and admit your wrong sometimes, your abrasive a lot of the times, and your as negative towards those that you accuse of being negative.

We are waiting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Ya know Jim you rip posters on a daily basis here whether they are true Sox fans or not. I'd like to say that I am as much of a RS fan as you could ever aspire to be . I also, wrongly half the time, get on posters cases here. Why don't you step up now and admit your wrong sometimes, your abrasive a lot of the times, and your as negative towards those that you accuse of being negative. We are waiting.
    Posted by BurritoT

I am wrong about stuff plenty of times.  I rip those who I feel deserve to get ripped.  I'm a big boy and I assume the haters are too.  Any abrasiveness is triggered by others.  They start the nonsense.  I finish it.  An old wise once told me, "don't start none, won't be none."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

jimdavis you sound like the quintessential 1970's fan, "If they hit the ball we will win,".... how'd that work out for you?   You wanna tell me this offense is far more SUPERIOR than 1977, 78, and 79? You wanna tell me that Fergie Jenkins, Bill Lee, and Torrez could not EAT MORE INNINGS than this bull we have at 3, 4, and 5? I didn't think so.
    Posted by BurritoT

Yeah, I do want to tell you that.  You don't need to compare 1978 with 2011.  Try comparing the teams the Sox will actually be facing to their squad.  So yes, I think the offense is better and more balanced if you must know and yeah, I think Beckett, Lester, Lackey (yes Lackey) will perform better than the guys in the 70's.  All three are proven winners.  So yeah, I expect Bedard to win.  I guess you and I view the term eating innings differently.  BTW, if I'm abrasive, you are arrogant.  Want me to prove that?  And if you have such a huge problem, you didn't have to click on the thread in the first place.  It was about winning 100 games which I think they would do WITHOUT Bedard.  If this was a thread about the playoffs, the word playoffs would have been in the title.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

Ya know Jim you rip posters on a daily basis here whether they are true Sox fans or not. I'd like to say that I am as much of a RS fan as you could ever aspire to be . I also, wrongly half the time, get on posters cases here. Why don't you step up now and admit your wrong sometimes, your abrasive a lot of the times, and your as negative towards those that you accuse of being negative. We are waiting.

Posted by BurritoT

I have to agree with burrito on this one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Posted by BurritoT

Next time you try to call someone out, why don't you...
    a. bring more to the table
    b. respond to the allegedly negative thing that bug you, not a positive thread about the Sox winning 100 games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : I have to agree with burrito on this one.
    Posted by -The--Babe---------

You agreeing with Burrito is dandy.  I like that...

Sections
Shortcuts