Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way

In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : The yanks are a team that knows how to win.....so your'e right they are hard to shake....but they have 34 of their remaining 56 games on the road, where we have 29 of our remaining 56 at home. That and the two game lead should help us control our own destiny, but as you said it will probably come down to head to head.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Wow, are you giving us a math quiz? In other words Boston has 27 on road and Yanks have 34. Boston has 29 at home while Yanks have 22.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : Wow, are you giving us a math quiz? In other words Boston has 27 on road and Yanks have 34. Boston has 29 at home while Yanks have 22.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

No Math quiz...just elaborating on my first point for The babe

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I like how "Just Getting into The Playoffs" has become the big goal. I believe getting into the playoffs with the best record should be the goal because it will make the road to a World Series Championship a little less of a "Crapshoot" !! I much rather be facing any of our competition with home field advantage !! I still believe this is going to be a 103 Win season... despite Tito !! LOL  That one was for you Jim !! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Ummm...the Yanks are 7 games over .500 on the road, 27-20

And the Sox are at home? Another gotcha for a Yankees fan on a Red Sox board! I wish Moon would pulverize you with a photon torpedo once and for all. Ya cant twist numbers can ya twinkee?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : Are you going to teach them to cyack?
    Posted by -The--Babe---------[/QUOTE]

Already taught them...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : Are you going to be rocking your Papi jersey at Fenway?
    Posted by LS350[/QUOTE]

I'll either go with Papi or I might buy a new one!  Any excuse for a new one!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : Are you going to teach them to cyack?

By the way, doooshe, I spelled it with a k although not correctly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : probably his pink one....after all it would match his hat.

What is your definition of a pink hat?  I have been following the Sox since 1974 and going to Yankee games since 1971.  I love the Sox and hate the Yanks.  But unlike you, I respect the Yanks, know that they are a good franchise and appreciate the rivalry.  If that makes me a pink hat, I'm a pink hat.  Living across the street from Elliot Maddox and knowing many Yanks in the 1970s gave me a healthy appreciation for the team even though they were not good at the time.  All that said, you are a jerk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]Ummm...the Yanks are 7 games over .500 on the road, 27-20 And the Sox are at home? Another gotcha for a Yankees fan on a Red Sox board! I wish Moon would pulverize you with a photon torpedo once and for all. Ya cant twist numbers can ya twinkee?
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

Awww....got your adult depends all in a bunch there........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think at this point its more likely the sox only win 20 games the rest of the way. Our rotation is a joke. miller, wakefield, lackey all stink. And now apparently we are going with a 6 man rotation? Oh no god forbid we lose miller and his era close to 5 or our 46 year old knuckler with an era close to 6. These would be such huge loses. wake should just do the sox a favor and retire mid season. he adds nothing to this team. i would rather give kyle weiland a shot than waste starts on those 2. They have both proven that they should not be pitching at the major league level right now. If someone claims miller then so be it. We got him for nothing and he has done nothing but suck. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-------------. Show The-Babe-------------'s posts

[QUOTE]Ummm...the Yanks are 7 games over .500 on the road, 27-20 And the Sox are at home? Another gotcha for a Yankees fan on a Red Sox board! I wish Moon would pulverize you with a photon torpedo once and for all. Ya cant twist numbers can ya twinkee?
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

awww...got your depends all in a bunch there I see......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hey only 19 more losses to go, good to get the first one out of the way. I blame the offense for tonights loss, they were supposed to score 15 runs so that Lackey could earn a "W" ... as we all know that is all that matters when evaluating his worth.

More seriously though, Wake is the better choice over Lackey. Wake still has good games.

Beckett
    Lester
    Bedard
    Wakefield
    and..... whomever wins the rocks, paper, scissors match every 5th day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i would like to see the sox not fold during the regular season again and stay in first...im not sure of the exact stat but hasnt boston been in first at the all star break like the last 8 yrs and they have only won the division once?....Cano alluded to that at the all-star game....we are too good to just settle for the wild card...we need a little bit of killer instinct and swagger to win it all imo....we already have the wild card in the bag

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way:
    [QUOTE]I didn't believe it in April or May.  But, the way they compete, I really see the Sox battling tooth and nail and getting to 100 wins.  95 wins looks realistic and if the Bedard eats innings and Clay comes back, 100 wins is a possibility.  They only look toward the next pitch/game/series.  With focus like that they could get to 100 wins.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Maybe 21?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]Hey only 19 more losses to go, good to get the first one out of the way. I blame the offense for tonights loss, they were supposed to score 15 runs so that Lackey could earn a "W" ... as we all know that is all that matters when evaluating his worth. More seriously though, Wake is the better choice over Lackey. Wake still has good games. Beckett Lester Bedard Wakefield and..... whomever wins the rocks, paper, scissors match every 5th day.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Woe is me. I am a Red Sox fan.
    Quasi Modo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-------------. Show The-Babe-------------'s posts

[QUOTE]i would like to see the sox not fold during the regular season again and stay in first...im not sure of the exact stat but hasnt boston been in first at the all star break like the last 8 yrs and they have only won the division once?....Cano alluded to that at the all-star game....we are too good to just settle for the wild card...we need a little bit of killer instinct and swagger to win it all imo....we already have the wild card in the bag
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

LOL....you would think a red flops fan would no better than to claim anything in Aug is in the bag.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-------------. Show The-Babe-------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : What is your definition of a pink hat?  I have been following the Sox since 1974 and going to Yankee games since 1971.  I love the Sox and hate the Yanks.  But unlike you, I respect the Yanks, know that they are a good franchise and appreciate the rivalry.  If that makes me a pink hat, I'm a pink hat.  Living across the street from Elliot Maddox and knowing many Yanks in the 1970s gave me a healthy appreciation for the team even though they were not good at the time.  All that said, you are a jerk.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

What rivalry?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]As good as we have been, we just can't seem to put any distance between us and NY. We are just going to have to beat them head-to-head, and leave them behind that way. They just won't go away otherwise.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Yip. And the pitching matchups look decent for that this weekend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]i would like to see the sox not fold during the regular season again and stay in first...im not sure of the exact stat but hasnt boston been in first at the all star break like the last 8 yrs and they have only won the division once?....Cano alluded to that at the all-star game....we are too good to just settle for the wild card...we need a little bit of killer instinct and swagger to win it all imo....we already have the wild card in the bag
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Agree again. The division is important. #1 seed keeps the Sox at home, and that could be big against Texas.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts