Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way

Not really Jim, history is important. Get off the treadmill.  Hitting will not win you the medal if you pitching only "eats innings."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Oh no, we only need 3 of our 5 starters to "eat innings." There you go folks... no more worries, just hire 3, 4, and 5 to eat innings. According to grumpy jimdavis (he of Garfield fame)  its all you need, hitting will do the rest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way:
    [QUOTE]step up now and admit your wrong sometimes, your abrasive a lot of the times, and your as negative towards those that you accuse of being negative
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

you're you're and you're

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Oh no, we only need 3 of our 5 starters to "eat innings." There you go folks... no more worries, just hire 3, 4, and 5 to eat innings. According to grumpy jimdavis (he of Garfield fame)  its all you need, hitting will do the rest.

Dude, what is your problem?  The thread was about the Sox winning 100 games.  Christ. Did I hit a nerve?  OK.  Bedard is a bust...already.  If he doesn't pitch like Beckett, the Sox are doomed.  Are you happy now.  Get off the treadmill, whatever that means.  Grumpy?  Here is how grumpy I am:

Just taught my sons how to ride a bike, no more training wheels.
    Just taught my sons to swim, no worries in the water.
    Just bought tickets to the Sox for August 27th when maybe Bedard can eat some innings, it will be my son's first Sox game at Fenway.

Burrito and Babe fall way down on my list of things to be concerned about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Here is a quote from NuSoxFan and it says it better than I could:

Erik Bedard - Bedard is here to replace either Wake or Miller, probably Miller because of the points I just went over, we've been lucky to win with Miller, we won't be lucky to win with Bedard. Fact, prior to the injury, Bedard put up an ERA of 2.25 in June and an ERA of 1.39 in May. Was this a product of the infamous Safeco pitching friendly park? No. Bedard's 2011 ERA for Safeco is... 4.53. That means Bedard has put together his best pitching performances away from the pitcher Safeco.

Conclusion: This team will get through the regular season just fine with the pitching staff as is. Lester and Beckett will be the key to the post season as they will pitch 4 out of 7 games in a 7 game series, and 3 out of 5 in a 5 game. The Red Sox rotation has been inconsistent this year, but is hardly a poorly constructed one, and especially after the addition of Bedard, is not one that should be heavily worried about.

There you have it, Burrito.  Can you stop whining now?  And if you don't like what I have to say, you can ignore me instead of clicking on the rare thread that I start.  it sounds like more of an obsession?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes an obsession, your right. I respond to you once a year and its an obsession. I retreat now to my obsessive castle on the fringes of la la land.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Yes an obsession, your right. I respond to you once a year and its an obsession. I retreat now to my obsessive castle on the fringes of la la land.

You replied to a positive thread about the Sox screaming about negative posts.  I just read one of yours where you called the OP an idiot.  Is that abuse?  As you retreat, answer that.  Your arrogance knows no bounds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That poster is an idiot, I can't help it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Still trying to figure out what Jim was so "Wrong" about.  Whether the Sox will win 100 games or that Bedard will eat innings? My guess is that we'll see in due time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I haven't read any 2 consecutive posts from Jim where he isn't taking someone to task. Thats all.  Heck Your-Echo is more reasonable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

100 games!  You heard it here first. :)

I'm not worried about the Yankees or the Angels in the postseason. Texas may be an obstacle, but I believe we can get past them. No stopping the Sox this season.

KIM

While you are a great poster Kim, I have to say that I have heard predictions of 100 wins and up 120 wins many many many times before you.  I heard these predictions back in Feb and April and May.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]100 games!  You heard it here first. :) I'm not worried about the Yankees or the Angels in the postseason. Texas may be an obstacle, but I believe we can get past them. No stopping the Sox this season. KIM While you are a great poster Kim, I have to say that I have heard predictions of 100 wins and up 120 wins many many many times before you.  I heard these predictions back in Feb and April and May.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

Not only that but predicting a team to win 100 games that despite a 2-10 start is currently on pace to win 101 games is not exactly ground breaking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't read any 2 consecutive posts from Jim where he isn't taking someone to task. Thats all.  Heck Your-Echo is more reasonable.

Hey Burrito, go back and read the thread.  The first shot was fired by YOU.  And here is your quote:

jimdavis how is Bedard eating innings an asset? He needs to win, and pitch effectively. 

Here I thought you knew something about baseball. 3 starters that share the same best asset - eating innings - does not equate to a championship.

If Beckett and Lackey pitch their best but the other 3 only eat innings than good luck Red Sox cause they will need a lot of it.

I hope Beddard can do more than just eat innings.

That was your response to a totally innocuous thread about winning 100 games.  So next time you say that I am "taking someone to task"...pot meet kettle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : Hey Burrito, go back and read the thread.  The first shot was fired by YOU.  And here is your quote: jimdavis how is Bedard eating innings an asset? He needs to win, and pitch effectively.  Here I thought you knew something about baseball. 3 starters that share the same best asset - eating innings - does not equate to a championship. If Beckett and Lackey pitch their best but the other 3 only eat innings than good luck Red Sox cause they will need a lot of it. I hope Beddard can do more than just eat innings. That was your response to a totally innocuous thread about winning 100 games.  So next time you say that I am "taking someone to task"...pot meet kettle.

Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Did you get any cyacking in this weekend?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : Did you get any cyacking in this weekend?
    Posted by -The--Babe---------[/QUOTE]

Nope, I did spend time at the beach with my kids, though.  Also, as I mentioned to Burrito, here is what else I did:

Just taught my sons how to ride a bike, no more training wheels.
    Just taught my sons to swim, no worries in the water.
    Just bought tickets to the Sox for August 27th when maybe Bedard can eat some innings, it will be my son's first Sox game at Fenway.

Thanks for your concern.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : Nope, I did spend time at the beach with my kids, though.  Also, as I mentioned to Burrito, here is what else I did: Just taught my sons how to ride a bike, no more training wheels. Just taught my sons to swim, no worries in the water. Just bought tickets to the Sox for August 27th when maybe Bedard can eat some innings, it will be my son's first Sox game at Fenway. Thanks for your concern.

Are you going to teach them to cyack?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

The only negativity that I dislike is negativity towards the Red Sox. Putting down other posters is another situation. It may be warranted and in that case it is positive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : Nope, I did spend time at the beach with my kids, though.  Also, as I mentioned to Burrito, here is what else I did: Just taught my sons how to ride a bike, no more training wheels. Just taught my sons to swim, no worries in the water. Just bought tickets to the Sox for August 27th when maybe Bedard can eat some innings, it will be my son's first Sox game at Fenway. Thanks for your concern.

Are you going to be rocking your Papi jersey at Fenway?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : Are you going to be rocking your Papi jersey at Fenway?

Posted by LS350[/QUOTE]

probably his pink one....after all it would match his hat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : You're right we should be satisfied with 100 wins :)
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Didn't our GM say that his goal each year is to win 95+ games and get into the playoffs and after that it is a crapshoot. If a GM  acts like that then why do some fans demand more especially at this stage of the season. The team could get more injuries or have several pitchers blossom so anything is possible. I just try to enjoy each game and let the pieces fall as they will.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

As good as we have been, we just can't seem to put any distance between us and NY. We are just going to have to beat them head-to-head, and leave them behind that way.
    They just won't go away otherwise.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]As good as we have been, we just can't seem to put any distance between us and NY. We are just going to have to beat them head-to-head, and leave them behind that way. They just won't go away otherwise.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

The yanks are a team that knows how to win.....so your'e right they are hard to shake....but they have 34 of their remaining 56 games on the road, where we have 29 of our remaining 56 at home. That and the two game lead should help us control our own destiny, but as you said it will probably come down to head to head.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : The yanks are a team that knows how to win.....so your'e right they are hard to shake....but they have 34 of their remaining 56 games on the road, where we have 29 of our remaining 56 at home. That and the two game lead should help us control our own destiny, but as you said it will probably come down to head to head.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Ummm...the Yanks are 7 games over .500 on the road, 27-20

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way:
    [QUOTE]I didn't believe it in April or May.  But, the way they compete, I really see the Sox battling tooth and nail and getting to 100 wins.  95 wins looks realistic and if the Bedard eats innings and Clay comes back, 100 wins is a possibility.  They only look toward the next pitch/game/series.  With focus like that they could get to 100 wins.

Yanks may only lose 17

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox May Only Lose 20 Games the Rest of the Way : Ummm...the Yanks are 7 games over .500 on the road, 27-20
    Posted by -The--Babe---------[/QUOTE]

Yeah which is .574 ball.....where as they have been playing .624 ball at home. and .604 ball over all.....so the more road games compared to home games the worse their overall record projects.....whereas the Sox are 33-19 at home and 33-21 on the road....slightly better at home, percentage wise, so more home games than Road games and a better projected record....Math ...it is a wonderful thing.....but of course means nothing if you dont do it on the field.

Sections
Shortcuts