Sox mut sweep Twins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Sox mut sweep Twins

With 57 games to go it is important to win every series frome here on out.But with the Twins coming to town for 4 games, it is essential that the Sox win all 4 games. The time is now for such a sweep, as winning 3 out 4 is not acceptable if the Sox are going to make a serious run at a playoff spot. With teams like the Twins [while not ragging on them] they are not a good team, and at this point of the season a sweep is close to necessary.

The Sox just have to play each game with the upmost importance, and act like each game this weekend is a 1 game winner go home type of mentality.

It's very important while playing teams like the Twins that the player's realize that it is now the time to start to really make inroads with the teams ahead of them.

Anything less then a sweep this weekend will be like taking a step backwards.It is now overtime Sox player's to come forward and play like a true playoff team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Sox mut sweep Twins

I would be very happy if Sox grab 3 Ws.  If sweep, better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

IMO...666 BALL for rest of season = PO'S.  (~91 wins)
    3 out of 4 is better.  while a sweep would be (obviously) fantastic, it is not the end of the season if they dont.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

3 out of 4 is a must and definitely a step in the right direction. 

I thought at the beginning of the homestand the goal needed to be 7-3, so they gotta find 5 wins against Minn and Tex.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Yes a Sweep would be nice.  But they still got to keep playing good ball afterward. I dont want see that Boston just to sweep the Twins case they know that they could lose two out of three against the Rangers on their next series!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Must?  No.  They must keep winning series.  But a sweep is not a must.  It would be awesome if they did and would likely pick up a game or two on the WC field if they did.  But not a must.  3 out of 4 and they are still rolling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

This series reminds me of the Jays of a couple of weeks ago. Coming off Ross walk off HR the Sox were poised to go on a run. The Sox having played nothing but contenders the last couple of weeks, and holding their own, now need to gain some ground with Minnesota in town. Let's hope they don't play down to their competition.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Sox mut sweep Twins:
    [QUOTE]   This series reminds me of the Jays of a couple of weeks ago. Coming off Ross walk off HR the Sox were poised to go on a run. The Sox having played nothing but contenders the last couple of weeks, and holding their own, now need to gain some ground with Minnesota in town. Let's hope they don't play down to their competition.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Yup, it does feel similar to that.  Felt like after the ChiSox series the Sox were poised for a strong homestand.  

Big start for Lester tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

just keep winning series.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]   This series reminds me of the Jays of a couple of weeks ago. Coming off Ross walk off HR the Sox were poised to go on a run. The Sox having played nothing but contenders the last couple of weeks, and holding their own, now need to gain some ground with Minnesota in town. Let's hope they don't play down to their competition.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Yeah Attic.  This has been the pattern all year.  This would be a great time to break that pattern.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Sox did not win first game in a series them had to sweep, look terrible offensively against a pitcher who has no real ability, and people still think the Sox are serious contenders. Get real folks the Sox better start gearing for 2013.I know we all love the Sox and are eternal optomists, but let's face facts, the Sox are not going to the playoff's. Every game you lose means two in the standings, and every team they are fighting for  for a wild card are not all going to lose the same day. At some point the road becomes to steep to climb, and that is the case for the Sox.
    In a game they had to win[you just can't let the Twins come into your park and beat you] they failed miserably. So it's what can the FO do to right the team for 2013?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EricBennington. Show EricBennington's posts

Well back to playing "down" to the competition - it obviously is not going to be the Sox's year!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

This team is dead in the water right now. They are barely a .500 team. They needed a shack up at the trading dead line but let the team stand pat and continue on its slow death.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]just keep winning series.....
    Posted by Iceman4[/QUOTE]

Exactly, they don't have to sweep the twins, they just need to start playing consistently good ball over the long haul. These spurts of several wins and then just as many loses have to stop.

They have just been treading water.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Hate to say it but this looks like a .500 team.  Win a few, lose a few.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Now this post have jinxed the Sox from sweeping the Twins!!

More we dream about the Red Sox, more we will jinx them.

Better off to stop posting message about how will the Red Sox do for the rest of the season!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

The Sox had a chance to make a major move  at the  July deadline like Theo did in 04, but basically stood pat. That was and will remain as a huge mistake.

Then needed to make a statement to the player's that their play or lack of it was not acceptable, and a major trade such as in 04 with Garciaparra should have taken place, but Ben who really not in a position to make anything on his own, because Larry is John's right hand man, is really calling the shots, and Larry would not know how to make a good trade.

I really believe that soccer is more important to the FO than our beloved SOX.

Also Sox fans are relying on our two aces Beckett and Lester to pitch like we expect them to pitch, and it is not happening this year. What we now have on the field[with the exception of Ortiz] is what we will get the rest of the season, and folks it just is not good enough.

It will[should] be a very bush and exciting off season, only if the FO really is intent on restoring the Sox to a playoff contending team. BUT THE QUESTIONS REMAINS, ARE THEY COMMITED TO WINNING, OR JUST FILLING THE SEATS? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It's a long drive !!!...deep to center, this one is back ...this one is gone!!!...Gooooal!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Come on  Red Sox I didn't say Sox get swept, I said Sox must sweep.Appartently The Sox are thinking in reverse this year.
    In the 50's and 60's I knew the Sox were bad so I never got to  upset with  their losing, but this team in 2012 brings frustation to a new level.

This is possibly the most disappointing year ever for a Sox fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox had a chance to make a major move  at the  July deadline like Theo did in 04, but basically stood pat. That was and will remain as a huge mistake. Then needed to make a statement to the player's that their play or lack of it was not acceptable, and a major trade such as in 04 with Garciaparra should have taken place, but Ben who really not in a position to make anything on his own, because Larry is John's right hand man, is really calling the shots, and Larry would not know how to make a good trade. I really believe that soccer is more important to the FO than our beloved SOX. Also Sox fans are relying on our two aces Beckett and Lester to pitch like we expect them to pitch, and it is not happening this year. What we now have on the field[with the exception of Ortiz] is what we will get the rest of the season, and folks it just is not good enough. It will[should] be a very bush and exciting off season, only if the FO really is intent on restoring the Sox to a playoff contending team. BUT THE QUESTIONS REMAINS, ARE THEY COMMITED TO WINNING, OR JUST FILLING THE SEATS? 
    Posted by peanutandme[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about trades.  The Red Sox should have traded some of these players in the offseason.  It wasn't enough to just hire a new manager since this definitely didn't help them.  Francona wasn't the problem to their collapse last season it was many of these entitled players that don't give 100% effort every game.  With their payroll they shouldn't have this type of losing record and if the losing continues they could end up in last place. Although, I do agree that the current owners don't care about the Red Sox like they did when they first bought the team.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

So much for winning a series. This is awful.