Sox Nation not concerned?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Re: Sox Nation not concerned?

Not concerned, like I was not concerned last year when many were saying the offense would not be good.  Will just sit back and enjoy the season, like I did last year.  And if they repeat, great!  3 Championships in 10 years, when it looked for a long time like they would never win one in my lifetime.  I am happy.  The team competes every year and is enjoyalbe to watch (save for 2012).  What more could a fan ask for in this day and age? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The Sox had an unproductive off season. The competition improved. No amount of talking changes that. Sox have not played well this Spring. That is a fact. How much all of that matters will not be known until well into the season. I would say there is some cause for concern, but I would not be overly concerned at this point. We still have a very good club. 

The Sox didn't do much this offseason, but like I keep asking you, what could they have done that would have been a slam-dunk good move?  When you win a championship, sometimes its impossible to improve.  Good players get very expensive.  I think they did well to stay close to last year's team and to keep their future prospects in great order.

However I do agree they haven't been playing very well this spring.  

It's like in business. You can't stand still. You always have to look to improve. Companies like Amazon, Google and Walmart are at the top in their fields. But they are never satisfied. Always trying to do more and do it better. I don't think the Sox did that this off season. I think we all agree that they should not have gotten into a bidding war with New York over Ellsbury.  But we did not make one significant move to improve the club. All of the top free agents went elsewhere. No meaningful trades. Also, I think the Sox do not do nearly enough in the foreign free agent market. That, of course, includes Tanaka. I do realize that it is not my money. I do realize that John Henry has spent plenty. I also realize that last year's post season brought in a tidy sum. I also realize that we are saving plenty with the departures of Ellsbury, Drew and Dempster. I was hoping that a little more would be done.  As we near the season opener, I honestly do not think this team is as good as the one that won it all last year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:

Not concerned, like I was not concerned last year when many were saying the offense would not be good.  Will just sit back and enjoy the season, like I did last year.  And if they repeat, great!  3 Championships in 10 years, when it looked for a long time like they would never win one in my lifetime.  I am happy.  The team competes every year and is enjoyalbe to watch (save for 2012).  What more could a fan ask for in this day and age? 

Yes, couldn't agree more.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to Javi60's comment:

Ells scored 92 runs with a 355 obp of 355, also he drove in 53 runs. Which for a lead off man is very good...so the vacuum is looming... my frustration is mainly that Sox hot stove league performance was very very poor...the stand pat policy prevailed... just compare it with yanks to mention the team I hate the most!... 

When you're the best team in the league, there isn't a lot that has to be done in the offseason.

The Yankees, OTOH, were desperate.

They were the best team before they lost ELLS and DREW.

& even better, as XB's offensive production will dwarf Drew's.  XB will do just fine at SS also.

Sizemore will prove to be every bit the player Ells has been.  He won't even take the first 1/2 of the season off as Ells did last year.  As I said earlier, he will also bring an arm to the games.

There will be ZERO offensive drop off at those 2 positions!

i really like this thinking....in fact i love it.

I think it's more hoping than actual thinking.

My "thinkitime this time last year was almost spot on.  Certainly closer than 99% of this board, as I had them pegged at 92 wins.  Perhaps 1 or 2 other guys had them anywhere over 90.  Where were you last year?  Don't recall seeing you around?

XB will absolutely be an upgrade with the bat, & play a respectable SS.

WMB will absolutely have a better season.  Likely 25+ HR's & 80+ rbi's

the starting CF'r will be Sizemore, whom they will watch closely for signs of stress.  He will get the rest he needs, and his overall production will replace Ells nicely.

C will be an upgrade offensively.

Nava will likely get better, as he has every time he's given the chance.

Pedey will likely be healthier & more productive.

With an improved pitching core, I like our chances!

I never post without heart, but I would not underestimate my ability to see things clearly.

:)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to alan93's comment:

Ells scored 92 runs with a 355 obp of 355, also he drove in 53 runs. Which for a lead off man is very good...so the vacuum is looming... my frustration is mainly that Sox hot stove league performance was very very poor...the stand pat policy prevailed... just compare it with yanks to mention the team I hate the most!... 

When you're the best team in the league, there isn't a lot that has to be done in the offseason.

& even better, as XB's offensive production will dwarf Drew's.  XB will do just fine at SS also.

Sizemore will prove to be every bit the player Ells has been.  He won't even take the first 1/2 of the season off as Ells did last year.  As I said earlier, he will also bring an arm to the games.

My "thinkitime this time last year was almost spot on.  Certainly closer than 99% of this board, as I had them pegged at 92 wins.  Perhaps 1 or 2 other guys had them anywhere over 90.  Where were you last year?  Don't recall seeing you around?

the starting CF'r will be Sizemore, whom they will watch closely for signs of stress.  He will get the rest he needs, and his overall production will replace Ells nicely.

I never post without heart, but I would not underestimate my ability to see things clearly.

See THINGS CLEARLY??? TRY THIS OUT.

Jake is gone and Softlaw disappears from the forum.

BDC retires the act / charade. It no longer works.

JD Drew leaves and Andrewmitch has withdrawal symptoms but

Crawford takes the place of JD so Andrewmitch has another new hate target.

Crawful / Crawbust, hahaha, that got laughs, gets traded away

Andrewmitch goes into the BDC assisted living home  for trolls

Georom hates Beckett so much he can't teach his history class. HaHa

He is sure that everything went wrong due only to

Chicken Wings and Beer on off days to starting pitchers. 

Forget the slew of injuries and bad years. It was all on Wings and beer. LOL

Everyone else knew better but it sure brought  traffic into the BDC forum

JackBU was a bonafide hater of Big Papi - hated his guts ( actually trolling)

His laptop at the office had Bill-806 as a moniker who hated him equally ( trolling)

The desktop in the family room at home with JackBU on it went kaput

JackBU's account is gone forever. He disappears from the forum.

Moniker Bill-806 remains at the office, having fun trolling.

Bill is not senile, stupid, or a conservative politically. Probably a smart guy having fun.

Babe has been doing his thing for years here on the forum

A more subtle troll.  BDC likes him and renews him every March.

He seems to be a tag team with Spaceman and other enablers

The best troll ever was Law, he infuriated ALL of the forum gullible

Finally BDC told him to tone down his trolling routine since

Posters were leaving in droves

Out of that came the diluted version of Law named Softlaw ( melba toast Law)

Yet Softlaw fooled the forum gullible for the next four years.

At first he was subtle and cerebral but his bigotry did him in.

Finally forum regulars said he was a troll - what took so long?

His act no longer played in Peoria. BDC retired Softlaw.

Yet you once spent countless hours screaming like a little girl that Softy's ideology & bigotries were an act, & we were all being duped!

LOL

keep your story straight Pike!

Don Quixote......   Tilting at windmills atop many a horse.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I hope you're right, but at the same time I hope you're wrong. You're such an arrogant worm, that I'd love to see you eat your words.

& you are too kind.  Considering the perseverant source, I'll take that as a badge of honor.  

Does this mean we're not best buds any longer?  Was it my comments about you haranging 'Lil Billy 24/7 like some jilted schoolgitl?

I'm so distressed.  I always push people away.  :(   it's me, not you.  

P.s.    I think you might be better suited for ding donggg ditch vs. The old folks in your parents neighborhood?   ;)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to uppervt2's comment:

I hope you're right, but at the same time I hope you're wrong. You're such an arrogant worm, that I'd love to see you eat your words.

Why is it so difficult for you to post without using a personal insult? Do you come up short on intellect, reason, and logic? Nobody else in the forum gets away with constant violations like you do. Do you know the moderator? Why not try to debate logically?

He definitely knows the mods.  The last time I challenged him mildly & respectfully as to zeal with which he attacks billy, my post was removed within 10 minutes.

Having said that.....  until you are willing to man up & admit to being Pike.  Swear off the 10 extra pseudonyms,  & drop the CONSTANT tilting at windmills, please don't defend me!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Burrito now has seven monikers. Yazzer has twenty. Many others have multiple monikers.

Throw away the "sin" of multiple monikers and respond to content, ideas, logic, reason - despite multiple monikers.

Aren't debate classes about responding to concepts, theories, hypothesis, premises, logic. reason - instead of the person?

Make the forum a debate clinic about concepts. Read what they have to say. I know that you must take a few minutes to read, comprehend, and understand. Try it out, after all the forum needs this in order to survive. 

I fear a good socratic debate would tie your multiple monikered mind in a hopelessly mangled mess!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They weren't exactly knocking the cover off the ball last spring, either, and they led MLB in run production.

People wrote off Ortiz as done during Spring training, and how'd that work out?

Too soon to tell. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

This time last year, there was a discussion, and general consensus, the Sox would finish 4th or 5th, in the ALE. It was a bridge year, that lead stright to the Championship parade 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

& you are too kind.  Considering the perseverant source, I'll take that as a badge of honor.  

Does this mean we're not best buds any longer?  Was it my comments about you haranging 'Lil Billy 24/7 like some jilted schoolgitl?

I'm so distressed.  I always push people away.  :(   it's me, not you.  

P.s.    I think you might be better suited for ding donggg ditch vs. The old folks in your parents neighborhood?   ;)

It must have been "arrogant worm" that struck a nerve. I was originally going with arrogant slug. Similar, yet different. Now be a good 'dirtdog' and play dead.

LOL.  

Crow,  the dog has flees with more bite.  

I occasionally wonder what posesses such ashallow thinker to expend the entirety of his intellectual firepowerer on hounding 1 or 2 people.  I just worry that you're in over your head already.  You really don't need a dog fight.   Stick to picking on the old & infirmed.  Much more your speed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Why is it so difficult for you to post without using a personal insult? Do you come up short on intellect, reason, and logic? Nobody else in the forum gets away with constant violations like you do. Do you know the moderator? Why not try to debate logically?

He definitely knows the mods.  The last time I challenged him mildly & respectfully as to zeal with which he attacks billy, my post was removed within 10 minutes.

Having said that.....  until you are willing to man up & admit to being Pike.  Swear off the 10 extra pseudonyms,  & drop the CONSTANT tilting at windmills, please don't defend me!

I miss your boyfriend Billy-SFB. I miss insulting the bigot. Btw, I don't know the mods; perhaps they don't like the yokels I attack.

To use a vernacular you might understand.....  dude!  Your act was tired on day 1.  Anybody that's been here for more than a couple of months knows 'Lil Billy & I are regular combatants.  Still there is a line that rational & thoughtful people don't cross.  You jumped over that line on day 1.  

It's clear you don't know any better, so I put little stock in you pulling back.

Try not to pull a cranial muscle.  I worry about you!

Sections
Shortcuts