Sox Nation not concerned?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Sox Nation not concerned?

In response to crowtrobot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to uppervt2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Javi60's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ells scored 92 runs with a 355 obp of 355, also he drove in 53 runs. Which for a lead off man is very good...so the vacuum is looming... my frustration is mainly that Sox hot stove league performance was very very poor...the stand pat policy prevailed... just compare it with yanks to mention the team I hate the most!... 

[/QUOTE]

When you're the best team in the league, there isn't a lot that has to be done in the offseason.

The Yankees, OTOH, were desperate.

[/QUOTE]

They were the best team before they lost ELLS and DREW.

[/QUOTE]

& even better, as XB's offensive production will dwarf Drew's.  XB will do just fine at SS also.

Sizemore will prove to be every bit the player Ells has been.  He won't even take the first 1/2 of the season off as Ells did last year.  As I said earlier, he will also bring an arm to the games.

There will be ZERO offensive drop off at those 2 positions!

[/QUOTE]

i really like this thinking....in fact i love it.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's more hoping than actual thinking.

[/QUOTE]

My "thinkitime this time last year was almost spot on.  Certainly closer than 99% of this board, as I had them pegged at 92 wins.  Perhaps 1 or 2 other guys had them anywhere over 90.  Where were you last year?  Don't recall seeing you around?

XB will absolutely be an upgrade with the bat, & play a respectable SS.

WMB will absolutely have a better season.  Likely 25+ HR's & 80+ rbi's

the starting CF'r will be Sizemore, whom they will watch closely for signs of stress.  He will get the rest he needs, and his overall production will replace Ells nicely.

C will be an upgrade offensively.

Nava will likely get better, as he has every time he's given the chance.

Pedey will likely be healthier & more productive.

With an improved pitching core, I like our chances!

I never post without heart, but I would not underestimate my ability to see things clearly.

:)

[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right, but at the same time I hope you're wrong. You're such an arrogant worm, that I'd love to see you eat your words.

[/QUOTE]

Why is it so difficult for you to post without using a personal insult? Do you come up short on intellect, reason, and logic? Nobody else in the forum gets away with constant violations like you do. Do you know the moderator? Why not try to debate logically?

[/QUOTE]

He definitely knows the mods.  The last time I challenged him mildly & respectfully as to zeal with which he attacks billy, my post was removed within 10 minutes.

Having said that.....  until you are willing to man up & admit to being Pike.  Swear off the 10 extra pseudonyms,  & drop the CONSTANT tilting at windmills, please don't defend me!

[/QUOTE]

I miss your boyfriend Billy-SFB. I miss insulting the bigot. Btw, I don't know the mods; perhaps they don't like the yokels I attack.

[/QUOTE]

To use a vernacular you might understand.....  dude!  Your act was tired on day 1.  Anybody that's been here for more than a couple of months knows 'Lil Billy & I are regular combatants.  Still there is a line that rational & thoughtful people don't cross.  You jumped over that line on day 1.  

It's clear you don't know any better, so I put little stock in you pulling back.

Try not to pull a cranial muscle.  I worry about you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

It is easier to read the thread when you guys don't keep quoting the on-going back and forth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Good point burrito. :)

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ells scored 92 runs with a 355 obp of 355, also he drove in 53 runs. Which for a lead off man is very good...so the vacuum is looming... my frustration is mainly that Sox hot stove league performance was very very poor...the stand pat policy prevailed... just compare it with yanks to mention the team I hate the most!... 

[/QUOTE]

When you're the best team in the league, there isn't a lot that has to be done in the offseason.

The Yankees, OTOH, were desperate.

[/QUOTE]

They were the best team before they lost ELLS and DREW.

[/QUOTE]

& even better, as XB's offensive production will dwarf Drew's.  XB will do just fine at SS also.

Sizemore will prove to be every bit the player Ells has been.  He won't even take the first 1/2 of the season off as Ells did last year.  As I said earlier, he will also bring an arm to the games.

There will be ZERO offensive drop off at those 2 positions!

[/QUOTE]

i really like this thinking....in fact i love it.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's more hoping than actual thinking.

[/QUOTE]

My "thinkitime this time last year was almost spot on.  Certainly closer than 99% of this board, as I had them pegged at 92 wins.  Perhaps 1 or 2 other guys had them anywhere over 90.  Where were you last year?  Don't recall seeing you around?

XB will absolutely be an upgrade with the bat, & play a respectable SS.

WMB will absolutely have a better season.  Likely 25+ HR's & 80+ rbi's

the starting CF'r will be Sizemore, whom they will watch closely for signs of stress.  He will get the rest he needs, and his overall production will replace Ells nicely.

C will be an upgrade offensively.

Nava will likely get better, as he has every time he's given the chance.

Pedey will likely be healthier & more productive.

With an improved pitching core, I like our chances!

I never post without heart, but I would not underestimate my ability to see things clearly.

:)

[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right, but at the same time I hope you're wrong. You're such an arrogant worm, that I'd love to see you eat your words.

[/QUOTE]

Why is it so difficult for you to post without using a personal insult? Do you come up short on intellect, reason, and logic? Nobody else in the forum gets away with constant violations like you do. Do you know the moderator? Why not try to debate logically?

[/QUOTE]

He definitely knows the mods.  The last time I challenged him mildly & respectfully as to zeal with which he attacks billy, my post was removed within 10 minutes.

Having said that.....  until you are willing to man up & admit to being Pike.  Swear off the 10 extra pseudonyms,  & drop the CONSTANT tilting at windmills, please don't defend me!

[/QUOTE]

I miss your boyfriend Billy-SFB. I miss insulting the bigot. Btw, I don't know the mods; perhaps they don't like the yokels I attack.

[/QUOTE]

To use a vernacular you might understand.....  dude!  Your act was tired on day 1.  Anybody that's been here for more than a couple of months knows 'Lil Billy & I are regular combatants.  Still there is a line that rational & thoughtful people don't cross.  You jumped over that line on day 1.  

It's clear you don't know any better, so I put little stock in you pulling back.

Try not to pull a cranial muscle.  I worry about you!

[/QUOTE]

I love the SOX; I dislike you(a self-important dufus). I wish the SOX the best. I only wish you the worst. Obviously, I wouldn't waste any 'worry' on you.

[/QUOTE]

I just wonder what makes a guy so miserable?

DUDE!   you have some serious issues.  If you love the sox & like this forum.  Chill out!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think u would have to be extremely nieve to not be worried about this team right now. I think this team as it sits right now will not be able to produce runs consistantly. 3 big reasons,

1. Loss of ellsbury - he was a big part of our offence due to his ability to get on base. Hopefully sizemore holds up and takes over the leadoff spot. It appears the ability is there, but his health will always leave question marks surrounding him. 

2. LF platoon - nava and gomes did well last year in there platoon, but to expect them both to produce at the level they did last year is short sighted. If we look at the numbers, the platoon did not work as well as the overall results made it look. Gomes being the right handed half of the platoon was expected to mash lefties, though he did hit a solid amount of homers, he only hit .236 with more strikeouts than hits.  Nava on the other hand is a complete wild card. 2013 nava was a lot different than 2012 nava. We can only hope he produces like he did in 2013, but if reverts to his 2012 level, then we are in trouble. And while they did produce offensively, they were both well below average defenders at the position. LF is the spot where we need a solid run producer/slugger. We have way too much uncertainty in the outfield to roll with a platoon of two players who are not good enough to be starters in the mlb. 

3. No number 3 hitter - As it stands right now, we have no middle of the order hitter. Our middle of the order hitters consist of 38 yr old dh david ortiz who could break down at any minute (hopefully spring training is not an indication of things to come) and the wildly inconsistent mike napoli who strikes out more than he gets hits. Adrian Gonzalez was supposed to be that guy but obviously he is long gone so perhaps we can acquire a middle of the order hitter at the deadline but weather or not one is available is another story. Perhaps the marlins decided to move stanton, or matt kemp shows he’s healthy or ryan braun shows he can still hit post peds. Those 3 would be our best bets. I think the consensus amounts sox fans is that stanton is the way to go, I would agree, but a healthy kemp or braun could be equally solid. 

Pitching should be a strong point for this team but there are question marks on this side of the ball as well. 

1) Lackey - will we get 2013 lackey or 2011/2012 lackey? So far he has got shelled in spring training and has been very hittable. That being said, I would wait till he makes some regular season starts before really worrying about him.

2) Buchholz - Can he stay healthy? He has huge talent, but health is always an issue. Just looking at him, its not hard to see why he lacks durability. He still needs to bulk up and put on some good weight. He is far too skinny for his hight. I’m not saying thats the only reason why he gets hurts, but it would certainly help. 

3) Koji - Will he be able to repeat his amazing year last year? He is not exactly young and had a career year last year. By not bring back bailey or hanrahan or someone like madson, we are putting a lot of faith in him repeating. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

The beauty of Lackey is this is his last year if we so desire.... Peavey and Lackey are both (if healthy) quite tradable over the summer should one of our minor-leaguers step up or the team is out of the race...  

I see nothing but good options with this pitching staff as it stands today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

P.s.   where else will we have more production?

C >  A.J. & Ross will easily out-perform the Salt with no pepper!

3rd >  It won't be pretty, but Ells will put up some big power numbers.

SS >  Could very well be a ROTY season!  Power numbers will dwarf Drew

2nd >  Pedey's numbers will POP back big time now that he's healthy

1st >. Naps will put up big numbers, & be more consistent

LF >  Nava is the model of consistency, & will absolutely put up similar numbers.  Perhaps better If anything.

CF >  Size will quickly have us forgetting Ells!!!!!!

RF > Vic will be healthy & as productive.

Papi >  If he comes close to his epic season I will be more than happy!

it's gonna be a season for the ages!  The repeat drought will come to an end!

[/QUOTE]

I see it this way:

• C - Hopefully as good as .787 OPS, hopefully close anyway, probably less IMO
    • 1B - Hopefully close to 2013's .841...probably slightly less IMO
    • 2B - Hopefully better than .786 given good health
    • 3B - .683 from 3B was terrible in 2013...better be better or else for Middy
    • SS - .771 from Drew was pretty tasty from a SS....would be great if X could match it
    • LF - .790 for $6m was great, and they're all back
    • CF - .774 from CF is not bad, but not elite....can't see JBJ reaching that in 2014.....if Grady can stay healthy he'll beat it...but that's hardly likely
    • RF - .786?  Pretty dammed good, esp. from an elite fielder
    • DH - .958?  Elite batting.....fingers crossed for health and continued defying of Father Time but time marches on....

Where is the big concern re dropoff?  DH of course given 2013's brilliance and age concerns....SS and CF to some degree, but neither position was elite in 2013....and 3B has significant upside.

"Move on people, nothing to see here...."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

This dude in SF and his wife are educated people and are very well read and articulate but yet they love to come to a forum and argue and be controversial over minutia. I don't get it. They are wasting not only their time but also the time of everyone here.  They would be better off preparing lesson plans by watching PBS or reading. Does reading troll talk improve their knowledge? Oh well, maybe it is entertainment like watching fake wrestling, martial arts, and old grade B movies. Such a waste of time for educated folk. To each his own. SAD.

[/QUOTE]

Stalker Pike....this is really pretty weird...

...but I'll bite: if people that like "fake wrestling", "martial arts", and "old grade B movies" are, in your opinion, lesser than you in some way....tell us what you enjoy....and give us some detail.

You obviously think you are more intelligent, cultured, respectable and measured than every person here...."I'm listening".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This dude in SF and his wife are educated people and are very well read and articulate but yet they love to come to a forum and argue and be controversial over minutia. I don't get it. They are wasting not only their time but also the time of everyone here.  They would be better off preparing lesson plans by watching PBS or reading. Does reading troll talk improve their knowledge? Oh well, maybe it is entertainment like watching fake wrestling, martial arts, and old grade B movies. Such a waste of time for educated folk. To each his own. SAD.

[/QUOTE]

Stalker Pike....this is really pretty weird...

...but I'll bite: if people that like "fake wrestling", "martial arts", and "old grade B movies" are, in your opinion, lesser than you in some way....tell us what you enjoy....and give us some detail.

You obviously think you are more intelligent, cultured, respectable and measured than every person here...."I'm listening".

[/QUOTE]

Thank god we have Don Quixote "looking out" for us all.

Dude is spooky!

At least he is coming close to admitting he has 20+ pseudonyms. 

LOL.....  Still, the "why can't you all forget about my 20+ fake handles like you overlook others and respond to my 'substance' BS is beyond pathetic.  Poor guy just can't catch a break.  Now that nobody's responding to his 'substantive' posts, he's decided that the site is pure garbage.  "Worse than pro wrestling!"  He asks his constructed SF couple to "better spend their time watching PBS, grade their papers, or other such high brow adventures."  

We can only hope he takes his own advice.  Anything other than stalking the rest of us!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

AJ might not fit here chemistry-wise. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's like in business. You can't stand still. You always have to look to improve. Companies like Amazon, Google and Walmart are at the top in their fields. But they are never satisfied. Always trying to do more and do it better. I don't think the Sox did that this off season. I think we all agree that they should not have gotten into a bidding war with New York over Ellsbury.  But we did not make one significant move to improve the club. All of the top free agents went elsewhere. No meaningful trades.

[/QUOTE]

Comparisons to companies like those are not valid.  Name one sports franchise that has improved every year.  The nature of sports franchises is that they go up and down in performance.  There's no way around it.

The top free agents are way overpriced, none of them are necessarily good investments and many have been or will be disasters.

For the Sox to make a meaningful trade, they would have to surrender some of their prospects. 

Taking either one of those routes might have helped the team this year, but would likely have hurt the teams of the future.

The Yankees went for the big-money fixes because that's the Yankee way.

I think Cherington played it smart because he had not just the 2014 team in mind, but the teams of the future as well.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[QUOTE]

Shortage of run production from outfielders, imho, is a major cause of concern...the vacum left by Ells looms direly... it is doubtful that Victorino could play consistenly... a Nava-Gomes platoon not convincing...nobody in farm ready to bloom yet...jbj needs more seasoning...Grady a lotto ticket...with the pitching we have, a couple of run producing outfielders like Beltran and Nelson Cruz would have been the difference... The fact that you have to put the best 2nd hitter in baseball,  in the respectable third slot in line up, tells a lot... Hope and pray for a quick trade...

[/QUOTE]

Am I crazy or what? We did lead league in runs scored last year. We lost Ells get over it Sizemore / Bradley will be fine in CF possibly even very good. Whats the worst case scenario we end up 3-4 in runs scored next year. Bottom line its still all about the pitching. I would be more concerned that Doubie and Lackey both were hit hard last times out, but it is still ST games. Go RS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i think u would have to be extremely nieve to not be worried about this team right now. I think this team as it sits right now will not be able to produce runs consistantly. 3 big reasons,

1. Loss of ellsbury - he was a big part of our offence due to his ability to get on base. Hopefully sizemore holds up and takes over the leadoff spot. It appears the ability is there, but his health will always leave question marks surrounding him. 

2. LF platoon - nava and gomes did well last year in there platoon, but to expect them both to produce at the level they did last year is short sighted. If we look at the numbers, the platoon did not work as well as the overall results made it look. Gomes being the right handed half of the platoon was expected to mash lefties, though he did hit a solid amount of homers, he only hit .236 with more strikeouts than hits.  Nava on the other hand is a complete wild card. 2013 nava was a lot different than 2012 nava. We can only hope he produces like he did in 2013, but if reverts to his 2012 level, then we are in trouble. And while they did produce offensively, they were both well below average defenders at the position. LF is the spot where we need a solid run producer/slugger. We have way too much uncertainty in the outfield to roll with a platoon of two players who are not good enough to be starters in the mlb. 

3. No number 3 hitter - As it stands right now, we have no middle of the order hitter. Our middle of the order hitters consist of 38 yr old dh david ortiz who could break down at any minute (hopefully spring training is not an indication of things to come) and the wildly inconsistent mike napoli who strikes out more than he gets hits. Adrian Gonzalez was supposed to be that guy but obviously he is long gone so perhaps we can acquire a middle of the order hitter at the deadline but weather or not one is available is another story. Perhaps the marlins decided to move stanton, or matt kemp shows he’s healthy or ryan braun shows he can still hit post peds. Those 3 would be our best bets. I think the consensus amounts sox fans is that stanton is the way to go, I would agree, but a healthy kemp or braun could be equally solid. 

Pitching should be a strong point for this team but there are question marks on this side of the ball as well. 

1) Lackey - will we get 2013 lackey or 2011/2012 lackey? So far he has got shelled in spring training and has been very hittable. That being said, I would wait till he makes some regular season starts before really worrying about him.

2) Buchholz - Can he stay healthy? He has huge talent, but health is always an issue. Just looking at him, its not hard to see why he lacks durability. He still needs to bulk up and put on some good weight. He is far too skinny for his hight. I’m not saying thats the only reason why he gets hurts, but it would certainly help. 

3) Koji - Will he be able to repeat his amazing year last year? He is not exactly young and had a career year last year. By not bring back bailey or hanrahan or someone like madson, we are putting a lot of faith in him repeating. 

[/QUOTE]

Nice post.  While I don't agree with your overall premise that we should be worried, I appreciate your well thought out post, and you do raise some legitmitate concerns.

Sure, there are question marks.  Every team has them.  I don't think the question marks that the Sox have are any more signigicant than what every team faces every year.  And, it seems that the Sox have the depth to answer most of those question marks, should the concerns become reality.

If the Sox have more than an average amount of bad breaks, then the team could be in trouble.  But again, that's the case with pretty much any team.  If the Sox have a typical amount of injuries/underperformances, along with a typical amount of good breaks, I like our chances of making the playoffs.

I don't think this team will score as many runs as it did last year.  I don't think this team will win as many games as it did last year.  However, I do think the team will still produce enough and win enough games to make it to the playoffs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's like in business. You can't stand still. You always have to look to improve. Companies like Amazon, Google and Walmart are at the top in their fields. But they are never satisfied. Always trying to do more and do it better. I don't think the Sox did that this off season. I think we all agree that they should not have gotten into a bidding war with New York over Ellsbury.  But we did not make one significant move to improve the club. All of the top free agents went elsewhere. No meaningful trades.

[/QUOTE]

Comparisons to companies like those are not valid.  Name one sports franchise that has improved every year.  The nature of sports franchises is that they go up and down in performance.  There's no way around it.

The top free agents are way overpriced, none of them are necessarily good investments and many have been or will be disasters.

For the Sox to make a meaningful trade, they would have to surrender some of their prospects. 

Taking either one of those routes might have helped the team this year, but would likely have hurt the teams of the future.

The Yankees went for the big-money fixes because that's the Yankee way.

I think Cherington played it smart because he had not just the 2014 team in mind, but the teams of the future as well.  

[/QUOTE]

It is very difficult to improve every year, but you should try. You can't stand still.  Prospects have a dual purpose. Being promoted to the team or being used in trades to acquire a needed player. Free agents are overpriced only if you don't want to spend what it takes. The market dictates the price. When you emphasize that things are done not only with 2014 in mind, it sounds like setting up an excuse for failure this season. I don't know about you , but I think some are quite willing to accept losing this year because we won it all last year and we have a " great future " with all of our prospects. I don't look at it that way. I want to try and win every year. You say the companies I mentioned are not a valid comparison. I say they are. Baseball is a competitive business. Strive for excellence. You can scoff at the " Yankee way " , but they have been far more successful than any other team. We will just have to see how things play out this year. I am not entirely pessimistic because we do have a lot of talent. But I do think that some are content to lose because " it is tough to repeat." I just don't think that is the way to look at it, either for fans or for management. You would not see Amazon say " We had a great year last year, so let's take a step back this year."  Stay aggressive.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's like in business. You can't stand still. You always have to look to improve. Companies like Amazon, Google and Walmart are at the top in their fields. But they are never satisfied. Always trying to do more and do it better. I don't think the Sox did that this off season.

OTOH, most companies, outside of the ones on the margins of bankruptcy, plan far beyond the current season.  Amazon loses a gazillion $ on shipping, but will eventually grow to dominate the market and sell you everything.  Google makes a money-losing acquisition every year hoping to expand their future market.

I think we all agree that they should not have gotten into a bidding war with New York over Ellsbury.  But we did not make one significant move to improve the club. All of the top free agents went elsewhere. No meaningful trades.

As has been pointed out, when you are the best in BB, it is difficult to improve in many areas.  What you really to do is to ask two question-

• Who is our worst position player
    • Who is our worst pitcher

The you have to question how you can improve that position.  Our worst SP was Doubront with a 11-6 and a 4.32 ERA at minimum wage.  I see no reasonable way to improve that.

Our worst position player last year was WMB, and I think that has to play itself out.  And with the departure of Ells, we don't know yet.  You also have to consider that we are not the NYY.  We can't go to the FA market to replace our farm system, so we have to eventually play rookies, even if there are growing pains with guys like WMB and JBJ.

IRT big trades, trades are generally value-neutral.  I don't see where we have excess in any particular area that we can trade away, or needs in any particular area that we need to address.  The idea that we hit a HR with a trade is unrealistic.  Toronto went that direction last year and it crushed their farm system, and added $47M to their payroll.  Now they have no money to spend, and and only two good prospects left.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's like in business. You can't stand still. You always have to look to improve. Companies like Amazon, Google and Walmart are at the top in their fields. But they are never satisfied. Always trying to do more and do it better. I don't think the Sox did that this off season.

OTOH, most companies, outside of the ones on the margins of bankruptcy, plan far beyond the current season.  Amazon loses a gazillion $ on shipping, but will eventually grow to dominate the market and sell you everything.  Google makes a money-losing acquisition every year hoping to expand their future market.

I think we all agree that they should not have gotten into a bidding war with New York over Ellsbury.  But we did not make one significant move to improve the club. All of the top free agents went elsewhere. No meaningful trades.

As has been pointed out, when you are the best in BB, it is difficult to improve in many areas.  What you really to do is to ask two question-

• Who is our worst position player
    • Who is our worst pitcher

The you have to question how you can improve that position.  Our worst SP was Doubront with a 11-6 and a 4.32 ERA at minimum wage.  I see no reasonable way to improve that.

Our worst position player last year was WMB, and I think that has to play itself out.  And with the departure of Ells, we don't know yet.  You also have to consider that we are not the NYY.  We can't go to the FA market to replace our farm system, so we have to eventually play rookies, even if there are growing pains with guys like WMB and JBJ.

IRT big trades, trades are generally value-neutral.  I don't see where we have excess in any particular area that we can trade away, or needs in any particular area that we need to address.  The idea that we hit a HR with a trade is unrealistic.  Toronto went that direction last year and it crushed their farm system, and added $47M to their payroll.  Now they have no money to spend, and and only two good prospects left.

[/QUOTE]

Our worst SP was Doubront with a 11-6 and a 4.32 ERA at minimum wage.  I see no reasonable way to improve that

For the majority of the season our worst SP was Dempster (8-9, 4.57). They already improved on that with a full season of Peavy pending.