Sox need to be like the Cardinals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Sox need to be like the Cardinals

I love the Red Sox and have rooted for them for over 55 years.  I live in the midwest and watch the Cardinals a lot.  I go to a lot of their games.  The Red Sox need to become like the Cardinals.  They have talent, good guys, there is NEVER any controversy, they work together, they never give up.  They are a TEAM.  No one complains about their contract.  The manager doesn't act like an idiot.  The clubhouse is under control.  No one eats chicken and drinks beer in the clubhouse during games.  They root each other on.  They WIN!  The fans are great and sportsmanlike and the media isn't always negative.  You can go to a game there and enjoy great baseball and watch a likeable team.  All the things we haven't seen from Boston for some time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Sox need to be like the Cardinals

Sounds like your more of a Cardinal fan. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

No, I am a die hard Sox fan but facts are facts.  Sox fans don't deserve what we've been getting since 2007 and this past year was ridiculous.  I am just pointing out that it is possible to have guys that play as a team and care while also winning.  That is what Sox fans deserve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I agree splendid. This is the 1st I've really seen the Cards play this yr but they are an impressive team. Solid hitting lineup, nice rotation then a bullpen w/ power arms. But St Louis and Boston are very different places. Can you imagine the Sox hiring for their hitting coach one of the greatest cheaters of all time, would never happen and couldn't. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I'm sure Cards' fans don't rip their own team if they miss playoff for few years and post 5000 threads humiliating and bashing their players.  It's more like Sox fans need to be like the Cardinals' fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I'm sure Cards' fans don't rip their own team if they miss playoff for few years and post 5000 threads humiliating and bashing their players.  It's more like Sox fans need to be like the Cardinals' fans.

Amen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

I love the Red Sox and have rooted for them for over 55 years.  I live in the midwest and watch the Cardinals a lot.  I go to a lot of their games.  The Red Sox need to become like the Cardinals.  They have talent, good guys, there is NEVER any controversy, they work together, they never give up.  They are a TEAM.  No one complains about their contract.  The manager doesn't act like an idiot.  The clubhouse is under control.  No one eats chicken and drinks beer in the clubhouse during games.  They root each other on.  They WIN!  The fans are great and sportsmanlike and the media isn't always negative.  You can go to a game there and enjoy great baseball and watch a likeable team.  All the things we haven't seen from Boston for some time.

This is an interesting thread for me because I grew up in CT but had two favorite teams when I was a kid.  The Sox and the Cards because of players like Yaz, Rice, Greewell, Burleson, Nomar, Fisk, Lynn, Rice, Tiant, Brock, Flood, Simmons, Gibson and who could ever forget the mad hungarian, Al Hrabosky.

I think the Sox and Cards have both done good jobs bringing their kids along over the years and would expect it will continue.  The Sox got too wrapped up in the bar set by the Yankees years ago but have hopefully learned a valuable lesson.  Dumping 250mil was huge and I wouldn't be surprised to see Papi "if he gets too cocky" or Lackey to be around long either. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenway3. Show fenway3's posts

St. Louis is not like Boston.  Between the press and fans the two cities could not be further apart to play in. The size of the press coverage  is twice as much for the Sox and every other team on the east coast.   To play in Boston you need to be tough skin. God knows us fans can love you one day and want you sent down the next. Boston like every other team needs to have strong pitching, and be strong up the middle.  Last but not least have players who can hit in the clutch.  Now the team has to find those players and we are back to be being a very good team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The Cards have average 89 wins a year over the past 10 years.

The RS have average 91 wins a year over the past 10 years.

The Cards have 6 playoff appearances

The RS have 6 playoff appearances.

The Cards have 2 WS.

The RS have 2 WS.

So we've been better than the Cards slightly, but mostly identical.

And what was your point?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Cardinals are the most loathsome team in all of baseball, and if they went 0-162 it would be too much success for them to suit me. In 2006, in 2011, and again this year they have proven over and over and over again that the only way they can be champion of ANYTHING is if some other team suffers a historic collapse and lets them in. If they played NYY in the WS, I would pull for NYY, I loathe them that much. There is nothing in their makeup or organization that I wish to mimic or wish my teams to mimic. I want only for them to be beaten, and beaten, and beaten again until they are forced into AA as a subsidiary of some bottom feeding MLB team. Is my meaning clear? Meanwhile, my forlorn hope is that the Giants are about to repeat the LCS performance of the 2007 Red Sox. One could only dream.....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

The Cards have average 89 wins a year over the past 10 years.

The RS have average 91 wins a year over the past 10 years.

The Cards have 6 playoff appearances

The RS have 6 playoff appearances.

The Cards have 2 WS.

The RS have 2 WS.

So we've been better than the Cards slightly, but mostly identical.

And what was your point?

And--unlike the Red Sox--their 2 WS were cheap. In 06 they got in with 83 wins because the Reds stumbled so badly in September that they were let in. Then they played a Tigers team who lost mostly beause their pitchers could not make any throws to any base. Last year the Braves collapsed precipitously and historically to let them in again. This year they get in with the first "second WC" in MLB history, only to see the Braves collapse again in the one game playoff with a flurry of errors after being the leagues best D in the NL all season. And then there was the infield fly debacle that let Stl. off the hook when it looked like Atlanta was about to make their move. Ive never seen the like of it when it comes to dumb, stupid luck this team has. Like I keep saying, they dont win anything ever unless something miraculously dumb happens to help them along. They never win it outright on their own merits.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

Didn't Pujols dislike his contract offer and left?

Probably. The fact that he didnt want to stay there is interesting to say the least. Ryan Ludwick said that when he played in Stl., he never understood why people hated the Cardinals so much. But then, he said, when he went to SD and saw them for the first time from the outside, he understood. They do nothing but whine, fans, and especially anouncers. Their announcers are awful. Everything Brandon Phillips said about them last year is exacty right. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Probably. The fact that he didnt want tonstay there is interesting to say the least. Ryan Ludwick said that when he played in Stl., he never understood why people hated the Cardinals so much. But then, he said, when he went to SD and saw them for the first time from the outside, he understood. They do nothing but whine, fans, and especially anouncers. Their announcers are awful. Everything Brandon Phillips said about them last year is exacty right. 

yonkersman is pike, pretending to be a yankee fan, exam.  the irony of all irony, no?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Probably. The fact that he didnt want tonstay there is interesting to say the least. Ryan Ludwick said that when he played in Stl., he never understood why people hated the Cardinals so much. But then, he said, when he went to SD and saw them for the first time from the outside, he understood. They do nothing but whine, fans, and especially anouncers. Their announcers are awful. Everything Brandon Phillips said about them last year is exacty right. 

yonkersman is pike, pretending to be a yankee fan, exam.  the irony of all irony, no?

LOL...doing what he accuses US of doing. Nice. What a total loser--maybe they could use him in the Cardinals forum? But someone should have known better than to start a Cardinals thread within my earshot and perview.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

LOL...doing what he accuses US of doing. Nice. What a total loser--maye they could use him in the Cardinals forum?

Maybe, since his yankees lost. 

Zito looked good. WTH happened to Lincecum??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

LOL...doing what he accuses US of doing. Nice. What a total loser--maye they could use him in the Cardinals forum?

Lincecum, I contend, will one day leave a crater where the mound used to be when his shoulder explodes. I think that fuse may be lit. I dont see how that kid can keep pitching the way he does with that little body. Somethings gotta give. Thats why I cringe when I see posters saying the Sox should get him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yes! Back to SF we go! Good job by Zito, I never thought he could do it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Lincecum, I contend, will one day leave a crater where the mound used to be when his shoulder explodes. I think that fuse may be lit. I dont see how that kid can keep pitching the way he does with that little body. Sometings gotta give. Thats why I cringe when I see posters saying the Sox should get him.

Two consecutive cy youngs. If he had come to Boston or NY and tanked, would have been blamed on the big market or the ALE. Hope he makes it back, seems like a good kid. Youre too young to remember, but he looks like Karen Carpenter. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Lincecum, I contend, will one day leave a crater where the mound used to be when his shoulder explodes. I think that fuse may be lit. I dont see how that kid can keep pitching the way he does with that little body. Sometings gotta give. Thats why I cringe when I see posters saying the Sox should get him.

Two consecutive cy youngs. If he had come to Boston or NY and tanked, would have been blamed on the big market or the ALE. Hope he makes it back, seems like a good kid. Youre too young to remember, but he looks like Karen Carpenter. 

Ouch! LOL Dont insult Karen Carpenter, she was cute before she started starving herself. The video where shes playing the drums and singing "We've only just begun" at age 21 is adorable. Shes one of the best J, one of my favorite female vocalists of all time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Ouch! LOL Dont insult Karen Carpenter, she was cute before she started starving herself. The video where shes playing the drums and singing "We've only just begun" at age 21 is adorable. Shes one of the best J, one of my favorite female vocalists of all time.

She was from New Haven, CT. Had a great voice. Someone referred to her a chubby in a review and set off the eating disorder. Too bad 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

She was from New Haven, CT. Had a great voice. Someone referred to her a chubby in a review and set off the eating disorder. Too bad 

Yes. It was heart failure that killed her I believe. She beat her anorexia, and was gaining weight and getting better when her heart gave out from all the damage that the years of starvation and weight fluxuation had caused. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Won't ever happen unless the team is sold and they clean house. The Sox will be even worse next year losing 103 games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

on the contrary, TLR is and always has been a dope.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I want to know who is responsible for the Red Sox not winning the world series every year, and I want to know now! 

Once that name, or names, is named, we can establish why they don't go 162-0 every season.

Sections
Shortcuts