Sox need to be like the Cardinals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Sox need to be like the Cardinals

1946 and 1967... though we got one back in 2007....  it is the Mets and Reds that I am after now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

I love the Red Sox and have rooted for them for over 55 years.  I live in the midwest and watch the Cardinals a lot.  I go to a lot of their games.  The Red Sox need to become like the Cardinals.  They have talent, good guys, there is NEVER any controversy, they work together, they never give up.  They are a TEAM.  No one complains about their contract.  The manager doesn't act like an idiot.  The clubhouse is under control.  No one eats chicken and drinks beer in the clubhouse during games.  They root each other on.  They WIN!  The fans are great and sportsmanlike and the media isn't always negative.  You can go to a game there and enjoy great baseball and watch a likeable team.  All the things we haven't seen from Boston for some time.

How much of that could be said about the Royals, too?

And really, how much of that do you really know about the Cardinals?  The Boston media rarely touches upn their contract controversies, and who knows what they do in the clubhouse.   Oh, and I have been calling former Cardinal manager Tony LaRussa an egomanic for years, because he is one.

All we want is a winning team.  The rest is a media-supported distraction

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Lincecum, I contend, will one day leave a crater where the mound used to be when his shoulder explodes. I think that fuse may be lit. I dont see how that kid can keep pitching the way he does with that little body. Somethings gotta give. Thats why I cringe when I see posters saying the Sox should get him.

That's how I separate the good posters from the casual fans.  Nothing wrong with being a casual fan, but when I hear posters ask what we should give up to get him, I know that they haven't followed him for the year +.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

1946 and 1967... though we got one back in 2007....  it is the Mets and Reds that I am after now.

I can't beleive there is someone besides me that thinks like that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The Cardinals are the most loathsome team in all of baseball, and if they went 0-162 it would be too much success for them to suit me. In 2006, in 2011, and again this year they have proven over and over and over again that the only way they can be champion of ANYTHING is if some other team suffers a historic collapse and lets them in. If they played NYY in the WS, I would pull for NYY, I loathe them that much. There is nothing in their makeup or organization that I wish to mimic or wish my teams to mimic. I want only for them to be beaten, and beaten, and beaten again until they are forced into AA as a subsidiary of some bottom feeding MLB team. Is my meaning clear? Meanwhile, my forlorn hope is that the Giants are about to repeat the LCS performance of the 2007 Red Sox. One could only dream.....

I agree with you on many points.  I also hope that the Giants can win this series, although, it is difficult to win 3 games in a row.  I definitely don't like St. Louis and don't want to see them win the World Series again this year.  It is a shame that the Nationals aren't still playiing since I was rooting for them to win it all. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

I love the Red Sox and have rooted for them for over 55 years.  I live in the midwest and watch the Cardinals a lot.  I go to a lot of their games.  The Red Sox need to become like the Cardinals.  They have talent, good guys, there is NEVER any controversy, they work together, they never give up.  They are a TEAM.  No one complains about their contract.  The manager doesn't act like an idiot.  The clubhouse is under control.  No one eats chicken and drinks beer in the clubhouse during games.  They root each other on.  They WIN!  The fans are great and sportsmanlike and the media isn't always negative.  You can go to a game there and enjoy great baseball and watch a likeable team.  All the things we haven't seen from Boston for some time.

So what your saying is that the midwest has better media people and more understanding fans who know that baseball is not all there is in life. Maybe move Boston out west and then your wish of being like Cardinals might just work.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The Cardinals are the most loathsome team in all of baseball, and if they went 0-162 it would be too much success for them to suit me. In 2006, in 2011, and again this year they have proven over and over and over again that the only way they can be champion of ANYTHING is if some other team suffers a historic collapse and lets them in. If they played NYY in the WS, I would pull for NYY, I loathe them that much. There is nothing in their makeup or organization that I wish to mimic or wish my teams to mimic. I want only for them to be beaten, and beaten, and beaten again until they are forced into AA as a subsidiary of some bottom feeding MLB team. Is my meaning clear? Meanwhile, my forlorn hope is that the Giants are about to repeat the LCS performance of the 2007 Red Sox. One could only dream.....

Too bad your Reds choked away the series with the Giants.  You were left to root for the Giants against the Cardinals.  Happy now?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

So what your saying is that the midwest has better media people and more understanding fans who know that baseball is not all there is in life. Maybe move Boston out west and then your wish of being like Cardinals might just work.

The midwest doesn't have the negativity that Boston does.  I watch CSNNE every night.  Felger, Tanguay, Mazz, Gresh, etc. are not happy unless they can be negative about something.  Boston players are spoiled prima donnas.  That is why they went 69-93.  They weren't a team in any sense of the word.  Boston fans deserve better.

Sections
Shortcuts