Sox need to realize Baltimore is for real!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EricBennington. Show EricBennington's posts

Sox need to realize Baltimore is for real!

Sox need to approach games with the Orioles, like playing the Yankees!  It seems Baltimore has more "want to" than Boston, and really need to quit tinkering, but get a solid line up for continuity .

Go Sox!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Sox need to realize Baltimore is for real!

They may already. My fear is thats the problem. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im sure they play every team to win and understand how good the O's are. Some teams just have another teams number. Right now the O's have the Sox number. Thats baseball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Knowing the O's are for real and beating them are two separate things.  Pretty sure they already know the O's have talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

The Orioles have a better lineup 1-6 with McLouth, Machado, Jones, Davis, Markakis and Hardy. That is pretty darn good. The Red Sox need to figure out quickly what their rotation is going to look like.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In 2012, the O's were 13-5 vs. the Red Sox.  So far this year, they are 5-2 vs. the Red Sox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

THEY APPROACH EVERY GAME THE SAME WAY. Any team that thinks a team is easy knows that is a prescription for disaster

Just like back in the 80's the RS could not beat KC no matter how good the RS were and how bad the Royals were.

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This is the sixth consecutive series Baltimore has won vs. the Red Sox.   Yell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Giving Pedey and Victorino the same day off against the O's was a stupid call. Farrell channeled his inner Francoma to think that brilliant strategy up! As for Lester I haven't got a clue as to what he's doing, but the good news is neither does he. Oh well what can you say,they have had to many early injuries to the pitching staff and in this league you need continuity with your rotation but the Sox have had injuries to every member of the starting 5.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Giving Pedey and Victorino the same day off against the O's was a stupid call. Farrell channeled his inner Francoma to think that brilliant strategy up! As for Lester I haven't got a clue as to what he's doing, but the good news is neither does he. Oh well what can you say,they have had to many early injuries to the pitching staff and in this league you need continuity with your rotation but the Sox have had injuries to every member of the starting 5.

Nava is a much, much better matchup against Gonzalez than Victorino.  Nava has a .910 v righties this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In 2012, the O's were 13-5 vs. the Red Sox.  So far this year, they are 5-2 vs. the Red Sox.

Boris Spassky was playing Bobby Fischer in several chess tournaments many years ago. Spassky was known to think a great deal about his chess game. After Fischer won two or three games in a row Spassky said that he thought Fischer played an acceptable game, better than he thought. After Fischer won the next two or three games Spassky said he thought Fischer was actually a pretty good player. And after Fischer's tenth consecutive victory Spassky said "You know, I think this guy is as good as I am!"

I think the Orioles are actually as good as we are!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Boris Spassky was playing Bobby Fischer in several chess tournaments many years ago. Spassky was known to think a great deal about his chess game. After Fischer won two or three games in a row Spassky said that he thought Fischer played an acceptable game, better than he thought. After Fischer won the next two or three games Spassky said he thought Fischer was actually a pretty good player. And after Fischer's tenth consecutive victory Spassky said "You know, I think this guy is as good as I am!"

I think the Orioles are actually as good as we are!

I used to play pool against one of the locals.  We were kind of acquaintances, so I never tried to hustle him, but every game was played for a beer.  And every single time I came in, he'd tell me about the number of things I did wrong.  In excruciating detail.  The dude never beat.  He probably bought me 100 beers a year for 5 straight years.  I don't think he ever got to the 'you might be as good as I am' level.

So, FWIW, you can have four teams within 5 games of each other.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I fear Baltimore & the Rays more than the Yankees !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Balt is a very good team w/ an excellent Manager and a GM that knows how to build a winner. I'm pretty sure the Red Sox know this. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I remember a few years back when the O's were horrible.  My friends and I would hop on a train and head over to Baltimore, buy tickets, and then mock the very few O's fans in attendence.   LOL

Camden Yards used to be a "home" game for the Red Sox.  And it was easier to get tickets to a Red Sox game at Camden Yards then at Fenway.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I remember a few years back when the O's were horrible.  My friends and I would hop on a train and head over to Baltimore, buy tickets, and then mock the very few O's fans in attendence.   LOL

Camden Yards used to be a "home" game for the Red Sox.  And it was easier to get tickets to a Red Sox game at Camden Yards then at Fenway.  

I live down here and have been going to "Fenway South" umm I mean Camden Yards since it opened. It's always been that way but from 03 to 2011 it was really bad at Sox gms there. At those gms it truly was like a home gm for the Red Sox.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts