sox need tonites game.sunday.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

sox need tonites game.sunday.

this could be a big game for the sox.this west coast trip will

be rough but a win tonite will help.that long flight will be more

relaxed with a win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: sox need tonites game.sunday.

Yup, I seldom call a single game a 'must-win', but this would certainly be a 'very-nice' win to have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Pete Abraham@PeteAbe

Looks like #RedSox will get Lincecum, Vogelsong, Gaudin in SF and Nolasco, Ryu and Capuano in LA. No Cain, Bumgarner, Greinke or Kershaw

31 Retweets 12 favorites Collapse

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

A big must win game Indeed, hope yesterday fine performance would be a watershed...Lackey inmmense...Carp showed how well a platoon can work... He and Nava, gomes an Nap ( hiitting lower) are tha basic platooners ...but mostly, Carp cannot stupidly be seated when righty is pitching as it was recently in Toronto!...today against tough CC, we need all righties available in a specially designed lineUp...But the key issue is Dempster against a solid yankee lineup of lefties and righties... Would not give Cano any chance, just pitch him around... bull pen might be real key tonight... To play tonight a national game, then fly to Frsco to play tomorrow is a horrendous scheduling...Go Sox, Go Blue jays...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Pete Abraham@PeteAbe

Looks like #RedSox will get Lincecum, Vogelsong, Gaudin in SF and Nolasco, Ryu and Capuano in LA. No Cain, Bumgarner, Greinke or Kershaw

LOL!  I just spent about 5 checking out the same thing.  You couldn't have posted this 5 minutes sooner?  I kind of thought that we've been getting the worst of the ace matchups, but this probably evens it up.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

All games are big, but especially yesterday against Kuroda, who is having a very good year and I thought looked sharp.   Lefty starters are a problem, but the Sox are undaunted by sabathia.  I like our chances tonight.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Pete Abraham@PeteAbe

^^THIS^^  certainly does not hurt. Not sure if it actually helps, but Im thinking it just might.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Pete Abraham@PeteAbe

Pretty good luck on the draw!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think yesterday was the must win. And , they came up big. The pitching matchup tonight is not favorable. A loss tonight would not be too bad.  Then we need to at least break even on the trip. Obviously, the Giants are much more beatable than the Dodgers.

Stabbed by Foulke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to soxyjim's comment:

relaxed with a win.

Sox Will Leave Boston At 10am Monday, I Dont Like That, Long Trip And Play...  Dumb Scheduling My Opinion.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I think yesterday was the must win. And , they came up big. The pitching matchup tonight is not favorable. A loss tonight would not be too bad.  Then we need to at least break even on the trip. Obviously, the Giants are much more beatable than the Dodgers.

Stabbed by Foulke.

====================================

Fortunately, Sabathia has not dominated us as he has others. I'd like a victory expecially since I hope we are 2/3 vs SF and 2/3 vs LA but it might only be 1/3 and I agree with you we may need be satisfied with a 3-3 on the coast.

It's too bad we didn't have a day game here instead of needing to fly out Mon AM.  Giants too are playing in Miami so also have a 6 hour flight but they'll do it tonight.

I'll be at the noon game Weds with my Boston Strong t-shirt and "B" on my cap. My wife will wear a SF cap so we don't get beat up.  AT+T park and Fenway are my 2 favorites for watching ballgames .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

This team seems to bounce back in some hard times. Sox are not easy team either. Play you tooth and nail for 9 innings +, got to like that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

Sox Will Leave Boston At 10am Monday, I Dont Like That, Long Trip And Play...  Dumb Scheduling My Opinion.......

Are you Adrian Gonzalez?

"We play too many night games on getaway days and get into places at 4 in the morning," Gonzalez said. "This has been my toughest season physically because of that. We play a lot of night games on Sunday for television and that those things take a lot out of you."

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/sox-need-tonites-gamesunday/100/6779361#add-post-form

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to soxyjim's comment:

relaxed with a win.

The Sox need Clay to get his A .. back in the rotation or in my opinion package him or Lester at some point next season for a big dependable RH bat if their trends continue.  Clay's 9 and 0 record might be impressive this season but he won't help our club much if he keeps landing on the DL for long periods every season.  Same goes for Lester if he can't find a bit more consistency.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

We disagree plenty, but we agree on yesterday's game. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

I agree that winning yesterday's game was more important.  Had the Sox lost yesterday, the pressure on them today would be so much greater, IMO, and the whole tone of the series changes.

Obviously, I want to win tonight's game, but after winning yesterday, I don't think tonight's win is a must win, even with the Rays winning earlier.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

I agree that winning yesterday's game was more important.  Had the Sox lost yesterday, the pressure on them today would be so much greater, IMO, and the whole tone of the series changes.

Obviously, I want to win tonight's game, but after winning yesterday, I don't think tonight's win is a must win, even with the Rays winning earlier.

[/QUOTE]

True. The last thing you want is to get swept by the Yankees. Yesterday removed that possibility. Not a good idea to choose a game where Dempster is facing the Yankee lineup , and call it a must win. That is just setting yourself up for disappointment. A win tonight would be welcome , but it is not vital , by any means. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Folks, This is why you should never call a game started by Ryan Dempster a must win game. If it was a must win , you would never pitch this guy. Ben's 27 million dollar folly.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Sections
Shortcuts