Sox now at 110 Million(including projected arbritation numbers)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Sox now at 110 Million(including projected arbritation numbers)

They still want to add a RF, an infielder, and a starter which with out a big time contract would be 40 millionish, with a Hamilton or Grienke about another 50 millionish. Softy's 100 million dollar dream is all but gone.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Sox now at 110 Million(including projected arbritation numbers)

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

My value budget is 100 to 120M, and it's a reality. Your dream of 150M plus 2013 labor costs budget plus to keep up with the last four years is still possible with the incompetent Cherry.

Noted that Blowjo is cheerleading another year of 150 million plus labor costs. 

Its more like the level we deserve considering the prices we pay for tickets. And besides its not your money softy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

My guess of around 130-140M should be the final number. Unless they sign Hamilton for 25M per, then all bets are off...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

My value budget is 100 to 120M, and it's a reality. Your dream of 150M plus 2013 labor costs budget plus to keep up with the last four years is still possible with the incompetent Cherry.

When the season ended they had 4 starter, no first baseman, no RF or LF, no back up catcher, no DH, and maybe a SS. How do you fill those holes without spending money. I don't mean in Softy land but in the real world. With the amount the Sox take in there is no reason for them to have a 100 million dollar payroll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

My guess of around 130-140M should be the final number. Unless they sign Hamilton for 25M per, then all bets are off...

Just saw on Hardball talk that the Sox are one of "Four or five teams" Intrested in Josh Hamilton But word is the sox are only willing to offer a short term deal as of now but would be Willing to pay a higher AAV in exchange for less years. Id Like to see the sox star with 3/90 and if someone offers four go 5/140 million MAX! If you have to go five that ok because Josh can play the outfield for three years and then finish the last two at DH If Naps leaves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You really think they can fill the rest of the holes on the team for 20 million.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

When the season ended they had 4 starter, no first baseman, no RF or LF, no back up catcher, no DH, and maybe a SS. How do you fill those how do you really fill those whole without spending money. I don't mean in Softy land but in the real world. With the amount the Sox take in there is no reason for them to have a 100 million dollar payroll.

Exactly. And the need to spend some money is only exaserbated by the fact that we dont have alot of Top Minor League talent ready for the Majors right yet.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Its more like the level we deserve considering the prices we pay for tickets. And besides its not your money softy

While it's my money that pays media Red Sox and MLB licensing fees, I agree that you deserve zero playoff wins and nearly a billion dollars spent on big Labor costs.

This is hardly cogent.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I don't mean in Softy land but in the real world

The real world isn't my value budget for 2013 of 100 to 120M, it's the real world of nearly a billion dollars spent on big labor and zero playoff wins in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.

And note that some idiot wants to offer Hamilton 150 million guranteed.

And note that some idiot wants to spend more than 150M in 2013 labor costs, because it's accounted for zero playoff wins in the last 4 years.

Again not your money softy. If the sox dont feel Comfotable going to Five years on Hamilton thats fine with me. Take it up with them there the ones going after him im just sayin what i would think would be acceptable if they want to sign him.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Updated:

Players signed for 2013 (and beyond): We have only 9.

Lackey       $15.25M  ($15.25M in 2014 & min wage in 2015)            Avg: ~$14M

Papi           $14M  (plus $1M bonus & $11M for 2014)                       Avg: $13M

Napoli       $13M (plus $13M for 2014 and 2015)                                Avg: $13M

Lester       $11.625M ($13M in 2014 club option w/ $0.25M buyout)   Avg: $6M

Pedroia     $10M        ($10.25M in 2014, $11M club option in 2015 w/ $0.5M B/O)  Avg: $6.75M

Buchholtz  $5.5M  ($7.7M in '14, $12M in '15, $13M/$13.5M option in '16 & '17)     Avg: ~$7M

Gomes       $5M    ($5M in '14)                             Avg: $5M

D. Ross      $3.1M  ($3.1M in '14)                         Avg: $3.1M

Iglesias     $2.063M (Then arb)                           Avg: ~$2M

~$81M in signed players.  (Luxury Tax -  Average Anual Value: ~$70M)

Players with arbitration years remaining:
     Player      (2012 salary) Arb year(s) Est. 2013 salary
    Ellsbury        ($8.05M)    3 of 3    $8-10M
    A Bailey          ($3.9M)    2 of 3    $3-5M
    Saltalmacchia ($2.5M)    3 of 3   $5-7M
    C Breslow   ($1.795M)    3 of 3   $3-4M
    R Sweeney   ($1.75M)     3 of 3   $2-3M  Non Tendered
    D. Bard         ($1.613M)   2 of  4  $1.7-2M
    A Aceves          ($1.2M)    2 of 3   $2-4M
    M Aviles           ($1.2M)    2 of 3   $2-4M
    A Miller            ($1.04M)  2 of 3   $2-3M
    F Morales         ($850K)   2 of 3   $2-3M
    Rich Hill           ($725M)   3 of 3   $.8M-1M Non Tendered
    Total Est: $33M to $43M  Avg: ~$38M

That puts our budget at about $120M, not counting pre-arb contracts and any players we will acquire.

The Luxury Tax number is now about : ~$108M

Pre-arb players (on 40 man roster):
    Middlebrooks
    de la Rosa
    Doubront
    Lavarnway
    Ciriaco
    Tazawa
    Mortensen

Gomez

Sands
    Nava
    Kalish
    Atchison Non Tendered
    Beato
    Melancon
    Webster

C Carpenter

A Wilson

S Wright

D Butler

C Vazquez

A Hassan

After adding these "small" contract totals, My guess is we are now at:

~$130M

~$120M AAV

(Remember there is an amount that must be paid to to the player pension fund that counts against the Luxury tax threshhold, so we may have about $50M or so to spend this year and still be below the line.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I just noted that you think 150 million guarantee for Hamilton is acceptable. Big spenders have short memories.

Go ahead note it, write it down,take a picture. I dont give a Fvck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Last Place

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

What's the middle ground for Hamilton? He's nowhere near Pujols' 24M per yr. & Texas offered him the same contract the Sox just signed Napoli for, a month ago. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Match Pujols money for 3 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

What's the middle ground for Hamilton? He's nowhere near Pujols' 24M per yr. & Texas offered him the same contract the Sox just signed Napoli for, a month ago. 

I think teams are still trying to figure him out. Hes reportedly looking for seven years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

You really think they can fill the rest of the holes on the team for 20 million.

30 million...I should have said around 140M. That would be more accurate. I think a trade will be in there somewhere. Most likely for an arm.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

You cannot go more than 5 years on this guy (Hamilton). 3 would be ideal but lets face it he won't take it. 5 years at $25 miliion per year. Then the pressure of Boston gets tom him and he falls apart mentally..... love the guy but waht a risk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

You cannot go more than 5 years on this guy (Hamilton). 3 would be ideal but lets face it he won't take it. 5 years at $25 miliion per year. Then the pressure of Boston gets tom him and he falls apart mentally..... love the guy but waht a risk.

Watch it Softy might Note down the offer you'd be comfortable making to hamilton...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Updated:

Players signed for 2013 (and beyond): We have only 9.

Lackey       $15.25M  ($15.25M in 2014 & min wage in 2015)            Avg: ~$14M

Papi           $14M  (plus $1M bonus & $11M for 2014)                       Avg: $13M

Napoli       $13M (plus $13M for 2014 and 2015)                                Avg: $13M

Lester       $11.625M ($13M in 2014 club option w/ $0.25M buyout)   Avg: $6M

Pedroia     $10M        ($10.25M in 2014, $11M club option in 2015 w/ $0.5M B/O)  Avg: $6.75M

Buchholtz  $5.5M  ($7.7M in '14, $12M in '15, $13M/$13.5M option in '16 & '17)     Avg: ~$7M

Gomes       $5M    ($5M in '14)                             Avg: $5M

D. Ross      $3.1M  ($3.1M in '14)                         Avg: $3.1M

Iglesias     $2.063M (Then arb)                           Avg: ~$2M

~$81M in signed players.  (Luxury Tax -  Average Anual Value: ~$70M)

Players with arbitration years remaining:
     Player      (2012 salary) Arb year(s) Est. 2013 salary
    Ellsbury        ($8.05M)    3 of 3    $8-10M
    A Bailey          ($3.9M)    2 of 3    $3-5M
    Saltalmacchia ($2.5M)    3 of 3   $5-7M
    C Breslow   ($1.795M)    3 of 3   $3-4M
    R Sweeney   ($1.75M)     3 of 3   $2-3M  Non Tendered
    D. Bard         ($1.613M)   2 of  4  $1.7-2M
    A Aceves          ($1.2M)    2 of 3   $2-4M
    M Aviles           ($1.2M)    2 of 3   $2-4M
    A Miller            ($1.04M)  2 of 3   $2-3M
    F Morales         ($850K)   2 of 3   $2-3M
    Rich Hill           ($725M)   3 of 3   $.8M-1M Non Tendered
    Total Est: $33M to $43M  Avg: ~$38M

That puts our budget at about $120M, not counting pre-arb contracts and any players we will acquire.

The Luxury Tax number is now about : ~$108M

Pre-arb players (on 40 man roster):
    Middlebrooks
    de la Rosa
    Doubront
    Lavarnway
    Ciriaco
    Tazawa
    Mortensen

Gomez

Sands
    Nava
    Kalish
    Atchison Non Tendered
    Beato
    Melancon
    Webster

C Carpenter

A Wilson

S Wright

D Butler

C Vazquez

A Hassan

After adding these "small" contract totals, My guess is we are now at:

~$130M

~$120M AAV

(Remember there is an amount that must be paid to to the player pension fund that counts against the Luxury tax threshhold, so we may have about $50M or so to spend this year and still be below the line.)

I didnt figure in some extra costs so my prediction of a payroll around 140M may be increased to 150M...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

what if the contract had protective clauses in it? would you then be willing to go 5 years?

this guy would not. 4 years is my max but i would be willing to overpay for sure

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Watch it Softy might Note down the offer you'd be comfortable making to hamilton...

I cannot stress enough that I think it is a risk and even with Hamilton the team likely misses the play-offs without a huge upgrade in the rotation. However if it was not for his personal demons I would havee already signed him as he would (should) be quite productive right through 2016.

Sections
Shortcuts