Sox now favored to win the World Series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Sox now favored to win the World Series

According to Bovada:

• The Red Sox are now favored to win the World Series according to Bovada. They're 15/4 and the Dodgers are 9/2.

No surprise: best record in baseball; home field advantage throughout the playoffs, including the Big Dance. Note that the odds of us actually doing it are just over 25%. I think thats about right. As I have written elsewhere, given the turnaround this year, the team is already a remarkable success even if they get bounced early-not that it wouldn't be disappointing if they did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Sox now favored to win the World Series

Saying it wouldnt be disappointing if they got bounced early is a stretch. Speak for yourself, but it would make me physically ill to lose to Tampa Bay of all people. No dishonor in losing to Detroit or Oakland in the ALCS, but no way I feel like that about losing to TB.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think the Dodgers have the easiest route to the World Series. Can't win it unless you are in it. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

According to Bovada:

• The Red Sox are now favored to win the World Series according to Bovada. They're 15/4 and the Dodgers are 9/2.

No surprise: best record in baseball; home field advantage throughout the playoffs, including the Big Dance. Note that the odds of us actually doing it are just over 25%. I think thats about right. As I have written elsewhere, given the turnaround this year, the team is already a remarkable success even if they get bounced early-not that it wouldn't be disappointing if they did.

mr green does the word '' now'' mean the odds changed

if so that could have more to do with trying to balance the money

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

According to Bovada:

[/QUOTE]

I would think so too, maybe all the money was going to LAD, and they can't have that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

According to Bovada:

Presumably its about the money. It always is. But its a sign about how people feel about where they would put their money. I would also put it on the Sox, if I were a betting man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

But, this is not "great" for the "bubble playoff team" according to the resident clown.

Sox4ever

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Gambling "favorites" is meaningless. It's the spread and the amount of money that piles up on each side of the line.

Any prediction in baseball is "meaningless". The odds favoring the Red Sox are simply indicative of what most reasonable people are thinking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tut. Show Tut's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Saying it wouldnt be disappointing if they got bounced early is a stretch. Speak for yourself, but it would make me physically ill to lose to Tampa Bay of all people. No dishonor in losing to Detroit or Oakland in the ALCS, but no way I feel like that about losing to TB.  

Reread his post - he said "NOT that it wouldn't be a disappointment if they did"(get bounced early)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

According to Bovada:

Yes and the Pats were favored over the Giants in superbowl.....Whats your point???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

=======================================

I agree with you I'll be sick if we lose to this team and Maddon whom I hate to even look at. Key will be to beat Moore & Price in the first 2 games as they will both pitch again & we need get into their heads they can be beaten. It is essential we don't allow Moore & Price to give us 4/5 hits 2/3 runs in 5 innings and then shut us down and be able to pitch into the 7th.  We need to get some key hits to score 5,6, 7 etc. runs & get them outta there early.  I say this because our pitching is good too but they always seem to scrape together 3/4 runs on very few hits.

Sections
Shortcuts