Sox offered about $5MM to Oswalt...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: Sox offered about $5MM to Oswalt...

Gordon Edes now reporting that deal with Cards is done.  In the 5-10 million dollar range and possibly included performance incentives.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Well. at least an AL contender didn't get him, and maybe this will force us to get the better pitcher anyways: Floyd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i cant believe Ben got rid of Scutaro just to replace him with a guy who is just a utility player for most of his career and nothing else....

seriously how does Aviles starting at SS make us better than the Yanks or Rays?????

I hope they at least give the job to Iggy if they are going to throw this season away - I want to see new blood in there....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120128&content_id=26497090&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb&partnerId=rss_mlb

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Sox offered about $5MM to Oswalt...:
    i cant believe Ben got rid of Scutaro just to replace him with a guy who is just a utility player for most of his career and nothing else.... seriously how does Aviles starting at SS make us better than the Yanks or Rays????? I hope they at least give the job to Iggy if they are going to throw this season away - I want to see new blood in there....
    Posted by georom4

Scoot was a utility player just a few years back. He was never a good fielding SS. 

We are not even sure if it will be Aviles or Iggy in 2012, but both have their advantages, and with both we saved over $5M, which will hopefully not be wasted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't know who's telling the truth but axxording to a direct quote from John Mozliak (spelling might be wrong) the GM of the Cardinals no such deal is in place. In any case do the Sox really want another annual back problem? They've signed 4 scrap heap pitchers already: Silva,Cook,Padilla and Maine and those are just the recognizable names.....According to Valentine he don't need any more arms to have to find innings for in ST.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

If this is true, it really was a half-as*sed offer by the RS.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/01/report_tigers_offered_pitcher.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Sox offered about $5MM to Oswalt...:
    [QUOTE]Sox reportedly offered him about $5MM.  why bother??  I don't understand this move... can someone explain please?
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE

obviously the sox are just not serious about getting him...
    too bad they scrapped scutaro, he couldve been packaged for floyd,unless the fo is not serious about that either?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Now the Red Sox still have a chance? LOL It's an attempt to get more money out of his preferred destinations. ;-)

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7528920/source-boston-red-sox-chance-roy-oswalt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

hopefully he signs somewhere soon. this is just getting rediculous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Come on Roy, sign the deal, Boston has great steak restaurants!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

So, rumor has it he is about to sign in TX for 4 mil + incentives ...

I am sure none of you "HOW COULD BC LOW BALL HIM AT 5 MIL?!? WHY BOTHER???" crowd will bother to re-assess your criticism, but it is worth noting that perhaps Ben C. was about right on for the market for an injury-risk, 30-something former great like Oswalt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]So, rumor has it he is about to sign in TX for 4 mil + incentives ... I am sure none of you "HOW COULD BC LOW BALL HIM AT 5 MIL?!? WHY BOTHER???" crowd will bother to re-assess your criticism, but it is worth noting that perhaps Ben C. was about right on for the market for an injury-risk, 30-something former great like Oswalt.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOT

"right on the market" NO WAY,
    "right on the money" NOT A CHANCE
    Oswalt will get 8-10M from a contender,
    Im certain of it! CMON BEN....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

If this is true, it really was a half-as*sed offer by the RS. http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/01/report_tigers_offered_pitcher.html
    Posted by xxxcrwn

Couldnt the RS have used all the $ theyll pay Maine, et al to get Oswalt and gamble on guys off our farm? I really dont get this lowball minor league contract crap...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

So, rumor has it he is about to sign in TX for 4 mil + incentives ... I am sure none of you "HOW COULD BC LOW BALL HIM AT 5 MIL?!? WHY BOTHER???" crowd will bother to re-assess your criticism, but it is worth noting that perhaps Ben C. was about right on for the market for an injury-risk, 30-something former great like Oswalt.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

LINK ??????????????????????????????????????????????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts