SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing?

yanks have lost 10 of their last 13 and will likely lose again today. they became the first team since 1918 (that date again) to surrender a 5-0 lead in the 2nd inning when baltimore put up a 7-spot on ivan nova. yanks look lost and are losing major aging stars. how soon before jeter pulls something? plus i hear they've been sneaking beer and chicken. i see a september type collapse as the sawx soon pass baltimore. i'm with v. we are the only team that hasnt put together a run. all the ingredients are there. plus our second best pitcher is still in the bullpen (morales)... what will the yanks do when bawston starts to run wild on the division brotha?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing?

In Response to SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing?:
    [QUOTE]yanks have lost 10 of their last 13 and will likely lose again today. they became the first team since 1918 (that date again) to surrender a 5-0 lead in the 2nd inning when baltimore put up a 7-spot on ivan nova. yanks look lost and are losing major aging stars. how soon before jeter pulls something? plus i hear they've been sneaking beer and chicken. i see a september type collapse as the sawx soon pass baltimore. i'm with v. we are the only team that hasnt put together a run. all the ingredients are there. plus our second best pitcher is still in the bullpen (morales)... what will the yanks do when bawston starts to run wild on the division brotha?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE] current score Yanks 11 O's 1..let's see what happens..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

Re: SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing?

In Response to SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing?:
    [QUOTE]yanks have lost 10 of their last 13 and will likely lose again today. they became the first team since 1918 (that date again) to surrender a 5-0 lead in the 2nd inning when baltimore put up a 7-spot on ivan nova. yanks look lost and are losing major aging stars. how soon before jeter pulls something? plus i hear they've been sneaking beer and chicken. i see a september type collapse as the sawx soon pass baltimore. i'm with v. we are the only team that hasnt put together a run. all the ingredients are there. plus our second best pitcher is still in the bullpen (morales)... what will the yanks do when bawston starts to run wild on the division brotha?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    I know this is a red sox board; but a few questions; Why will they lose today?
    The Yanks injuries have nothing to do with age; Pettiite, broken on a comebacker; Arod- broken hand on a pitch that got away; Mariano; leg caught on the seam between the warning track and the edge of the outfield. On the other hand; the nagging injuries seem to be plaguing the younger players ...Teixeira; on the field injury and he's just 32; Gardner; lost for season - 28 years old, David Roberston -- twisted ankle; Joba Chamberlain - tommy john surgery; Pineda - torn labrum - all 3 players well under 28. This is a great rah-rah piece but its got nothing to do with reality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

First, Cashman, et al would never let a September collapse like the 2011 Sox happen.  Theo and Francona basically sat back and let it all happen.  That would not happen in the Bronx.

On the other hand, I can see the Yankees limping along below .500 for the next 2 -3 weeks, if not all of August.  So, if the Sox can play around .700 ball for the month, the race should be very close come September.  But with two teams from the east and another two, even better teams out west to pass over, the Sox will have to determine their own destiny through a really good stretch of ball (a 12 game winning streak would be extrememly useful about now).  A Yankees collapse would NOT be enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Pros:

A 7 1/2 game lead with 2 months to go is nothing; look how quickly 4 games evaporated

Cons:

They would have to leap frog a bunch of teams, who play each other often; that makes it more difficult mathematically

They have a very tough schedule; I don't agree with whoever wrote Det is not a tough team; although that's only 1 series

The "experts" in the media don't feel the RS SP, as currently constituted, will be good enough in order to contend 

Other Comments:

Sox already put up a couple of "runs" in the spring; I believe there was one stretch where they were 16-5

Most of the  "experts" don't think the Sox 40 man roster is better than the NYY

Yankees have lost 9 of 12, not 10 out of 13; and you cannot conclude that a team is broken over a stretch that short; having said that, they clearly have issues that a great team wouldn't have

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yanks not collapsing.  Yanks swooning.  Yanks will right ship.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

In Response to Re: SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing?:
    [QUOTE]First, Cashman, et al would never let a September collapse like the 2011 Sox happen.  Theo and Francona basically sat back and let it all happen.  That would not happen in the Bronx. On the other hand, I can see the Yankees limping along below .500 for the next 2 -3 weeks, if not all of August.  So, if the Sox can play around .700 ball for the month, the race should be very close come September.  But with two teams from the east and another two, even better teams out west to pass over, the Sox will have to determine their own destiny through a really good stretch of ball (a 12 game winning streak would be extrememly useful about now).  A Yankees collapse would NOT be enough.
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]

While the players, Francona or Epstein were incapaeble to stop last September's crash I don't get the notion that they just let it happen or, as in the case of the players, didn't care.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I wouldn't bet the farm on the Yankee collapse...but wouldn't mind seeing the Sox win a big bunch in a row.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Wow the Mods did a great job of cleaning out this board, I haven't seen this much optimism since Spring Training...Even the Communist is posting positively

Good work!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In Response to Re: SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing? : current score Yanks 11 O's 1..let's see what happens..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

11-2 now Go O's...oh and Jete as much as I'd like to see anyone beat the yankees it's a win win for us when you play a team that is 2 ahead of us in the standing...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing? : 11-2 now Go O's...oh and Jete as much as I'd like to see anyone beat the yankees it's a win win for us when you play a team that is 2 ahead of us in the standing...
    Posted by Tomhab[/QUOTE]

And visa versa

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing? : While the players, Francona or Epstein were incapaeble to stop last September's crash I don't get the notion that they just let it happen or, as in the case of the players, didn't care.  
    Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]

I also didn't see roster moves and changes to the lineup and bullpen rotation based on the poor results.  The Yankees do not suffer poor performances well, and have a tremendously good record of bringing in a veteran or minor leaguer who can take up the slack when an injury or ineffectiveness plages the lineup.  They build their roster better, and they use it better, IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing?:

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; SOX ONLY 7.5 BEHIND YANKS +closing in on 3rd place, anyone else see the YANKS collapsing?:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The Yankees are a lock for the cellar in 2013.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Are you stupid? It was at the top of the page when I posted on it, and my hoping the Yankees finish in last in 2013 is hardly a negative comment on a sox forum. Man you are one stupid old troll.

Sections
Shortcuts