sox only ONE up on OAK for best AL record.. not good!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: sox only ONE up on OAK for best AL record.. not good!

Asking a question to all the jabs... as in jabronis. Look it up. Basically, losers. Keep up the responses to this person who fills the board with five line threads.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

doesnt matter.  A's will not get past the Divisional round which will shift ALCS homefield to #2 team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

doesnt matter.  A's will not get past the Divisional round which will shift ALCS homefield to #2 team.

of course it doesn't matter

who cares if you play Detroit or WC winner in the 1st round

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

The op wasnt asking about matchups.  it was simply about Homefield throughout.  why do you care?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

I actually think I prefer to play Detroit than Tampa or Oakland. 

Cabrera looks like he is one mis-step from being done for the year with that hip problem.  Verlander has been getting shelled all year.  Scherzer looks mortal once again.  Fielder has lacked the power of previous years.  They're not invincible.

Tampa seems to have our number,  particularly that pitching. David Price seems to ramp it up when facing the Sox.  And Longoria somehow finds a way to stick it to us at crucial times...  like Adam Jones of the O's.

Oakland,  is hot, hot, HOT!!  And that travelling to the West Coast stuff always seems to affect our boys.  They don't adapt to the 3hr time difference very well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

As of now, I fear the A's the most.  

The A's have the second best home record in the AL (52-29).  Despite Cespedes and Reddick struggling this year, the A's are third in the AL in runs scored (behind the Red Sox and Tigers).

We need help from the Angels and Mariners.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

I actually think I prefer to play Detroit than Tampa or Oakland. 

Cabrera looks like he is one mis-step from being done for the year with that hip problem.  Verlander has been getting shelled all year.  Scherzer looks mortal once again.  Fielder has lacked the power of previous years.  They're not invincible.

Tampa seems to have our number,  particularly that pitching. David Price seems to ramp it up when facing the Sox.  And Longoria somehow finds a way to stick it to us at crucial times...  like Adam Jones of the O's.

Oakland,  is hot, hot, HOT!!  And that travelling to the West Coast stuff always seems to affect our boys.  They don't adapt to the 3hr time difference very well.

[/QUOTE]

oak is certainly hot hot hot

the good news is  oak isn't an option for the 1st round

so it's Detroit , clev or  Tampa

I would rather face the WC were odds favor they won't have their ace in gm 1

I agree with you about verlander & cabera and that no one is invincible

but still wouldn't wan't to face him in a big spot

or fielder for that matter

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

The op wasnt asking about matchups.  it was simply about Homefield throughout.  why do you care?

I wasn't posting to the OP

I was posting to, and agreeing with  the guy who said it didn't matter if they play the tigers

or a WC team right after they already played a PO gm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm surprised that Oakland has done this well with a starting rotation having rather pedestrian numbers playing half their games in a huge park with a large foul area. (Also, playing Houston 18 times.)

Colon  2.64  1.183

Parker 3.74  1.209

Griffin  3.78  1.123

Straily 4.08  1.236

Milone 4.14  1.273

Not a bad rotation, pretty balanced, but not great.

(Home ERA: 3.30  WHIP 1.188/ Away 3.93 & 1.267)

The Sox are 3.57 & 1.256 Home & 3.90 & 1.328 away

Sox4ever

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Although I prefer to play Oakland, I fear them more than Detroit who had the awesome stats last year & the SF Giants swept them in world series. But living in the Bay Area I hope to go to a couple of games wearing my Boston Strong T-shirt AND "Bee" on my cap. At least 25% of fans will be expats from New England.

Whomever we play, as they say "to be the best, you have to beat the best".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

After All-Star break only KC has a better ERA than Cleveland in AL.

Before the All-star break they were ranked 26th in MLB, after All-Star break they are ranked 4th. Cleveland wont be as easy as many think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

To be the best, you have to beat the best, is very true.  At home or on the road.  Crunch the stats all you want. It does not matter now. Winners find a way to win.  Keep the faith and be confident.

Stabbed by Foulke.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

To be the best, you have to beat the best.  At home or on the road.  Crunch the stats all you want. It does not matter now. Winners find a way to win.  Keep the faith and be confident.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Ladies and gentlemen,we have a Bingo !!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I'm surprised that Oakland has done this well with a starting rotation having rather pedestrian numbers playing half their games in a huge park with a large foul area. (Also, playing Houston 18 times.)

Colon  2.64  1.183

Parker 3.74  1.209

Griffin  3.78  1.123

Straily 4.08  1.236

Milone 4.14  1.273

Not a bad rotation, pretty balanced, but not great.

(Home ERA: 3.30  WHIP 1.188/ Away 3.93 & 1.267)

The Sox are 3.57 & 1.256 Home & 3.90 & 1.328 away

Sox4ever

The A's ace is a 40-year-old with 95% body fat.   LOL    Laughing

The A's even brought back Suzuki and he has been an offensive hot streak since coming back.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I agree.

The schedule is the schedule.

If the Sox play up to their abilities, they can beat any team they face.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

dont care about 100 games but we MUST win home field thru out, really maters. we are unstoppable at home.. who wins the tiebreaker with oakland jabs?

better one up the one down..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

dont care about 100 games but we MUST win home field thru out, really maters. we are unstoppable at home.. who wins the tiebreaker with oakland jabs?

Well, Oakland are fortunate to play one of the easiest schedule of all AL league teams in the month of September.  But for now, Boston just have to win the next two games, and see how Oakland do in their next two games.   Oakland is one game behind in both win and loss columns for the best divisional record.   

Per reading the tiebreakers, it is pretty complicated.   First is head to head, which both teams tied in the season series.  Next is the divisional record, both are pretty close.  They could ended up evenly.  And next is the last 82 games record not including the inter-league games.  I just looked, I think Oakland is like one or two games up on Boston cuz Boston played alot of inter-league games than Oakland in the second half.  So that would be erased from the record.   

Best shot is to have Boston win two games in Colorado, and hopefully the LAA win the next two.  Then Boston will be three games up by this weekend!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Lowe striking out Long with the bases loaded in the 9th inning to win 4-3 in game 5 of the 2003 ALDS.  I'm sure Oakland fans remember that game too!    LOL    Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

A's also were tied with most blown saves after All-Star break with 11. Good thing too, we might not have this discussion.

Forgot 4-7 record.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Not good, but not bad, either. Means we'd have home advantage vs Detroit, a team not playing well right now. Verlander is so-so at best, Cabrerra is on one leg. No problem.

Worst scenario is we play best of 7 vs Oakland starting in their ballpark. Not the end of the world. Split the first 2 games and get home advantage. Again, no problem.

Big question: Cards or Dodgers in THE SERIES!??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

If I had to pick I'll take the Cardinals, they have had to battle 2 other tough teams in that division all season long. Battle tested.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

It looks to me like the sox can not win the tiebreaker with the A's.  If they end up tied for best record, at best the sox can be tied for division record. Second half without interleague sox are 38-26, Oak is 42-24.  So sox can't win that tiebreaker.

Sections
Shortcuts