3B: 2nd at .822
    SS: 11th at .702
    LF: 19th at .716
    CF: 4th at .887
    RF: 28th at .670
    DH: 2nd at .940

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Sox OPS by Position

I think the road OPS numbers are more realistic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

The glaring numbers there are the corner OFs.

I'll settle for 9th from the catchers anytime, given what things looked like after two months of the season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Sox OPS by Position:
    [QUOTE]I think the road OPS numbers are more realistic.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Thanks Moon. As we have known, RF is an albatross and Carl Crawford has been a big disappointment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wanna know who our hottest (and coldest) healthy hitters have been the last 2 weeks?

1) DMac  .972  (How many Tito bash thread on him playing?) 
    2) VTek   .845  (How many dump VTek threads this year?)
    3) Lavarnway .812 (Small sample, but nice start!)
    4) Scutaro .733  (Pretty consistent this year.)
    5) Pedey   .723  (Needs to heat it up again.)
    6) Aviles   .699  (Not great numbers, but better than many others.)
    7) AGon    .689  (Needs to heat it up again.)
    8) Lowrie .616  (38 PAs is enough to be adjusted back after injury.)
    9) Crawford .518  (Sad, sad, sad...)
    10) Reddick .469  (Scary sad.)
    11) Salty     .444  (What's up here?)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Theo is getting top value for the 43 million he's paying to construct a 2011 OF. Reddick, tiny sample v. LHP, is the only thing that stands between reason and Theo's immediate dismissal for no confidence.

Lavarnway is left out of the "who's hot for a a few games" list. Get rid of Varitek! Red Sox pitching staff runs allowed is middle of the pack and not imrpessive. Whatever "mentoring" voodoo from the womanizing magic fingers AARP catcher isn't working.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Theo's found great value in the 43M cost of 2011 OF construction. It's balanced, and only costs about 15M per starting OF'er. Looked really strong, tonight, lefty and righty.

in the tiny sample size list on hot hitters, Lavarnway was deliberately omitted. Varitek mentoring magic fingers hasnt worked too well, with a staff ERA that is league bottom half of ERA. Varitek needs to be gone, and hopefully he will be in 2012. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]LF: 19th at .716 CF: 4th at .887 RF: 28th at .670 Theo's found great value in the 43M cost of 2011 OF construction. It's balanced, and only costs about 15M per starting OF'er. Looked really strong, tonight, lefty and righty. in the tiny sample size list on hot hitters, Lavarnway was deliberately omitted. Varitek mentoring magic fingers hasnt worked too well, with a staff ERA that is league bottom half of ERA. Varitek needs to be gone, and hopefully he will be in 2012. 
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Fool. Staff ERA is reflective of home venue. Mods nabbed the never-will-learn repeat offender...who once again gets caught in the forbidden cookie jar.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]LF: 19th at .716 CF: 4th at .887 RF: 28th at .670 Theo's found great value in the 43M cost of 2011 OF construction. It's balanced, and only costs about 15M per starting OF'er. Looked really strong, tonight, lefty and righty. in the tiny sample size list on hot hitters, Lavarnway was deliberately omitted. Varitek mentoring magic fingers hasnt worked too well, with a staff ERA that is league bottom half of ERA. Varitek needs to be gone, and hopefully he will be in 2012. 

Lavarnway is on the list.

Try reading before spewing lies.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

There is all of a 0.42 difference from the RS 3.90 in 8th to the top LAA 3.48.It's not like your talking the 1.50 he O's are from the top. Let's not forget this is not the staff they started out with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from <..)The-Babe(..>. Show <..)The-Babe(..>'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox OPS by Position : Fool. Staff ERA is reflective of home venue. Mods nabbed the never-will-learn repeat offender...who once again gets caught in the forbidden cookie jar.

Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Geez louise....you have excuses for everything.

I don't care about the venue, the fact remains that the sawx ERA is in the half of the league.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Worst corner OF combination in MLB. This is historical for this team, who have almost always had standout LF and RF.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I expected trouble vs LHPs, but not this!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

CC and JD

makes perfect sense

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Sox OPS by Position:
    [QUOTE]Here's the OPS and ranking by position of the Sox: C: 9th at .750 1B: 4th at .940 2B: 2nd at .821 3B: 2nd at .822 SS: 11th at .702 LF: 19th at .716 CF: 4th at .887 RF: 28th at .670 DH: 2nd at .940
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Thank you Mr. Statistics.  Oh how you bore the hell out of me.  I'll bet you're a supporter of the pitch count. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I still believe in CC, his career numbers are there, fluke year caused by pressure after a horrible start imo.

I still think Reddick has earned playing time in RF and is starting accordingly, the league seems to have adjusted to him, now he has to adjust to the league.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

CC's #'s aren't there

his career OBP through 2010 was only .334 - that makes jeter look like an on base machine

theo's entire defense for DJ was his OBP and his D...he'll have to hire another PI to come up w/ a stance for CC......I can't wait for his "CC is worth a tick above 20 mil a year" crapola.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sox OPS by Position : Thank you Mr. Statistics.  Oh how you bore the hell out of me.  I'll bet you're a supporter of the pitch count. 
    Posted by fenwayjack2[/QUOTE]

It suhcks when facts and data get in your way, doesn't it?

(BTW, I hate pitchcounts dictating major decisions)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I still believe in CC, his career numbers are there, fluke year caused by pressure after a horrible start imo.

CC Career:

vs RHPs: .812
    vs LHPs: .683

It's no fluke: Crawford is a glorified platoon hitter in the midst of a slump.

I hope you aren't saying you are OK with CC returning to his career norms and playing nearly everyday vs LHPs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Crawford has a whopping .774 OPS for his career. His higest OBP was .364.
    And for this, Boy Blunder opened the Sox checkbooks at Manny in his prime money. His highest slugging percentage, 495 last season, is about 100 points lower than Manny's career slugging average.
    Last year someone on this board referred to Crawford as "the best defensive player in baseball" (!!!!). He's not even anything special in the field.
    He was a great base stealer, but the Sox already have one of those. Before anyone talks about "why not two guys stealing all the time", ask this:
    Who stole lots of bases besides Rickey Henderson on the A's? Who stole lots of bases on the Cards besides Lou Brock? Who stole lots of bases in LA, besides Maury Wills? NOBODY! It doesn't happen in MLB. I'm talking about the top guys, not 25-30 steals.
    Overrrated, over publicized and overpaid, and his name is Carl Crawford.
    Yes, I know...he's having a great game tonight. Whoopie!