Sox/O's Game Thread - Monday, May 16th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Sox/O's Game Thread - Monday, May 16th

Cat, I didn't wet myself with a spilled beverage, but I did wet myself! What a game!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/O's Game Thread - Monday, May 16th:
    In Response to Re: Sox/O's Game Thread - Monday, May 16th : I've created a monster.
    Posted by joel49

Nah, it's just for tonight. You'll be Joel again tommorow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Examiner, I want you to write on the board 500 times "I will never give up on the Sox again."
    Posted by joel49

27 outs for a reason paul, uh jim......i mean joelTongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/O's Game Thread - Monday, May 16th : Nah, it's just for tonight. You'll be Joel again tommorow.
    Posted by TheExaminer

whew

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

Well, I spilled my beer, and now my wife is going to report me for alcohol abuse!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/O's Game Thread - Monday, May 16th : 27 outs for a reason paul, uh jim......i mean joel
    Posted by J-BAY

Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Examiner, I want you to write on the board 500 times "I will never give up on the Sox again."
    Posted by joel49

If I did that, I'd get drilled by dirtdog and andrew, and no one would be able to post anything else. "I will never give up on the Sox again" (X 500) That will have to do for now (until they don't hit with risp again). By the way, my NL team (Reds) did the same thing. Down 4-0 and scored 7 in the 6th to win. Good night for me. Good weekend too. Not only did we sweep the Yanks, the Reds swept the hated Cardinals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/O's Game Thread - Monday, May 16th : If I did that, I'd get drilled by dirtdog and andrew, and no one would be able to post anything else. "I will never give up on the Sox again" (X 500) That will have to do for now (until they don't hit with risp again). By the way, my NL team (Reds) did the same thing. Down 4-0 and scored 7 in the 6th to win. Good night for me. Good weekend too. Not only did we sweep the Yanks, the Reds swept the hated Cardinals.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Reds looking tough for sure.  How about a Sox/Reds WS?  What would you do?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/O's Game Thread - Monday, May 16th : If I did that, I'd get drilled by dirtdog and andrew, and no one would be able to post anything else. "I will never give up on the Sox again" (X 500) That will have to do for now (until they don't hit with risp again). By the way, my NL team (Reds) did the same thing. Down 4-0 and scored 7 in the 6th to win. Good night for me. Good weekend too. Not only did we sweep the Yanks, the Reds swept the hated Cardinals.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Also, Andrew doesn't spend a whole lot of time here when things are going well.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/O's Game Thread - Monday, May 16th : Reds looking tough for sure.  How about a Sox/Reds WS?  What would you do?
    Posted by joel49

I've thought about that some. I don't want to see it, either one or the other. But, that Reds/Cardinals rivalry is starting to rival Sox/Yanks for nastiness, even if it's not as old and historical. I will admit that I love the Sox as much as any Sox fan, but I've only been following them about 8 years. I rooted for them in 03, before the glory, so I'm hoping because of that I don't get drilled for not being old money. My dad is a Reds fan, and I was too for most of my childhood. Something changed though when they moved into that new park. To me, Riverfront was where the Reds belong. I still like them, but I'm at the point where (don't tell my dad) I like the Sox more.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/O's Game Thread - Monday, May 16th : I've thought about that some. I don't want to see it, either one or the other. But, that Reds/Cardinals rivalry is starting to rival Sox/Yanks for nastiness, even if it's not as old and historical. I will admit that I love the Sox as much as any Sox fan, but I've only been following them about 8 years. I rooted for them in 03, before the glory, so I'm hoping because of that I don't get drilled for not being old money. My dad is a Reds fan, and I was too for most of my childhood. Something changed though when they moved into that new park. To me, Riverfront was where the Reds belong. I still like them, but I'm at the point where (don't tell my dad) I like the Sox more.  
    Posted by TheExaminer

Were you around in 1975?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Good things starting to happen. Lookout AL East!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/O's Game Thread - Monday, May 16th : Were you around in 1975?
    Posted by joel49

When Fisk's hr ball was soaring into the Boston night, I was safely tucked into my crib. I was just over 1 year old. So I don't remember it. I do have the 75 Series on DVD though. That was the first time I'd ever gotten to actually watch the Big Red Machine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

There are so many connections between the Reds and Sox. Youk, Lester from Ohio, Tito used to play for the Reds, the 75 Series, plus, the names are similar. I also like what Boston as done in keeping their old stadium around instead of going to a new one. I like history, and old things.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

Nite all!  See you tomorrow!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Welp, I'm outta here too. Gotta go someplace tommorow for 8+ hours so they will give me money.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Thanks for calling me out, Joel.  You realize that some people simply can't be here for every game?  You also realize that doesn't mean those same people aren't watching the game and pulling for a win?  That game was awesome and although I admit I started to lose a little interest (blew a couple of early opps) when we down by 6-0 (which is when I posted a few times on here; however, I did not post anything in the game thread simply because I did not feel like it), it was still on and watched it until the end.  But seriously, thanks for your assumptions and judgements; it's appreciated!

In the future (not that it's anyone's business), I usually watch yankee games w/ my family therefore, I really can't also be posting to the game thread......Is it my fault that the yankees are only 1 of 2 teams that we have been able to completely dominate this year?

PS - I am still waiting for your latest publication on your proper way of posting on these boards........

Sections
Shortcuts