Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

Re: Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread

the only time lackey gets squeezed is when he's in line at the buffet table.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

What's the forecast in Boston today?  This going be long?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I will not be disappointed if this one gets taken off the books. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]What's the forecast in Boston today?  This going be long?

Posted by OV[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing lackluster is hoping so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

If the game is postponed, is Beckett available tomorrow?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]If the game is postponed, is Beckett available tomorrow?
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan[/QUOTE]

Good question.  That stomach flu probably effects everyone differently.  Youk only missed a day, but that's Youk.  I don't think we'll see Josh until Saturday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]If the game is postponed, is Beckett available tomorrow?

Posted by wlbpatriotsfan[/QUOTE]

They say Saturday for josh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread : look at the last two pitches!

Posted by canetime[/QUOTE]

He ain't getting squeezed...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

I had tix for this one. Between Lackey & the weather I didn't go--I'm glad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

if there is a rain out every time lackey's scheduled to pitch, then that would be nature being kind to the SOX.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread : how would you know Babe? watching every pitch of the sox game instead of the yankees?

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Ever think of 2 tv's? And before you get too excited, I mean televisions, not transvestites (which I'm sure you have thought alot about)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Good job Lackey, now we need some runs guys

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

[QUOTE]For everyone complaining about Drew's contract, what have the Sox got from Cameron for 14 million for two years?  ZERO.  That was a bad contract.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Drew's contract has been bad for certain but Cameron's has been a complete and thorough disaster. At least Drew's won something in Boston and has a few 20 HR seasons. Cameron's done absolutely nothing and I really like the guy, which makes it doubly frustrating.

My question: Who exactly was Theo bidding against for Cameron's services a couple off seasons ago and more importantly, was anyone offering more than $7.5M per to a 36 year old OF? 

At this rate, Cam will be let go before his two seasons are even up. Great guy but I think his career has hit the wall at age 38.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]I will not be disappointed if this one gets taken off the books. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    It would be a tough break for the Padres, whose only real chance to make up the game would be tomorrow before returning home to start a homestand Friday evening. The Red Sox already have games on the only two open dates (7-18 and 8-4) before or after San Diego's two remaining East Coast trips.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

theo's formula for how much he's going to overpay a ballplayer is to look at the back of said ballplayer's card from the previous year; multiply a fixed amount that theo has in his head by the number on the back of the card. number of years the contract will run is usually determined by said ballplayer's age.
    it's complicated, but theo has it down to a science.

in some cases it's hit and miss, but for theo it's usually miss and miss.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

papi scares me when he comes up with men on base.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]Hate to start with negativity, but Cam and Darnell with Darnell hitting sixth again?  I wonder how Ortiz feels about that?  What does Reddick have to do to get a shot against a left hander?  Okay, I'm done whining.  Let's play ball, and hopefully Cam and Darnell bust out.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]HI ALL. so sick of the cam-mac connection! we should consider calling up navarro when he gets in more games recovering from his injury. he plays all positions a la bill hall. would rather see him in rightfield or left if we dont trust sutton. time for mac to go. cam costs too much money. in the meantime, no reson not to give reddick ever opportunity to show what he can do playing everyday versus lefties. ditto with even drew. heck, he may get a walk or work a count... more than cam-mac!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Time for Mr. Lackey to go in and beat the crap out of his locker...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread : Good question.  That stomach flu probably effects everyone differently.  Youk only missed a day, but that's Youk.  I don't think we'll see Josh until Saturday.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]LOL, NO MORE TACO BELL AS THE PRE-GAME MEAL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

i'm at work and was in a meeting when the game started. how long did lackey sit during the delay?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

well this sucks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Their hitting with men on base at times is a freaking joke!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]Good job Lackey, now we need some runs guys

Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

I agree on the "good job she-lackey" part.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The only problem with Lackey is that he does not have good stuff or good command of anything. Other than that, he is fine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Time for Mr. Lackey to go in and beat the crap out of his locker...
    Posted by OV[/QUOTE]TIME FOR mr. lackey to be considered for the bullpen. how do we seriously not opt for miller or aceves for the 4th spot after buch is ready?

Sections
Shortcuts