Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Re: Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread

While I'm at it, John Lackey is a joke! (Let's not forget J.D. "I'm hitting a light .233" Drew! I'm sick of both of them............. Whew! I feel better!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

We need more rain!  Lots of rain!  Worry about a makeup game later.  Whoever piches the fifth should stall by intentionally walking everyone until it's called.  Wouldn't that be something?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Obviously, Tito would like a rainout at this point. So would I.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

At this point... I'd go with Beckett, Lester, Bucholz, Miller and Wakefield.... Lackey can be the long guy.  Aceves the spot starter....

Off to work... next time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]We need more rain!  Lots of rain!  Worry about a makeup game later.  Whoever piches the fifth should stall by intentionally walking everyone until it's called.  Wouldn't that be something?
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

don't count on it joel. it rained in CT, cleared long enough to get the game in

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Good grief, are you kidding me? Went out to finishing staining a desk with the rain delay and come back to this?!?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Good grief, are you kidding me? Went out to finishing staining a desk with the rain delay and come back to this?!?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Lackey works quick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

how long was the rain delay?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Good grief, are you kidding me? Went out to finishing staining a desk with the rain delay and come back to this?!?
    Seriously. Some guy last night mentioned the possibility of Lackey blowing up and us losing two of three at home to SDG. I scoffed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

We get 15 outs to make up 5 runs. If we can't do that against a 2-9 pitcher, we're in trouble.
    We scored 10 runs in the 7th on Monday, albeit on 5 hits, but maybe SD pitching will implode again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread : Seriously. Some guy last night mentioned the possibility of Lackey blowing up and us losing two of three at home to SDG. I scoffed.

so did I Lloyd. Sox cerrtainly have enough time and talent to score 5 runs, question is will they

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think you can see why Tito is thinking of putting Adrian in rightfield during the trip. The injuries and illnesses are really taking a toll on the bottom of the order. If Papi has to sit, the offense may struggle to score runs.  It is a tough decision to make. Obviously, it would weaken the defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]how long was the rain delay?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I think it was about a half hour.  Not long enough to sit Lackey if that's what you're thinking.  It'll be interesting to hear what big John has to say about this one.

Hudson was safe.  Umps want to end this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Padres Wednesday Game Thread : I think it was about a half hour.  Not long enough to sit Lackey if that's what you're thinking.  It'll be interesting to hear what big John has to say about this one. Hudson was safe.  Umps want to end this.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

that was exactly what i was thinking. UGH

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]We get 15 outs to make up 5 runs. If we can't do that against a 2-9 pitcher, we're in trouble. We scored 10 runs in the 7th on Monday, albeit on 5 hits, but maybe SD pitching will implode again.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
    Would have to do it soon. Their set-up man and closer are very good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Lackey was horrible today.  Aceves cost the Sox last night.  It all comes down to pitching but Sox hitting with risp last night and today sucks.  Also, dead weight (Cam, D-Mac) in lineup is awful.  Get rid of those two bums. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]We get 15 outs to make up 5 runs. If we can't do that against a 2-9 pitcher, we're in trouble. We scored 10 runs in the 7th on Monday, albeit on 5 hits, but maybe SD pitching will implode again.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
    I don't think we'll get fifteen outs.  I'm thinking the umps will call it as soon as it's official.  I hope I'm wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Please God, send us some actual Major League Baseball Players! Not the crap we are watching as I type this!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

Best hope is that the game is rained-out before the end of the 5th.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Baseball is a funny game , sometimes. On paper, you would think the Sox, playing at home , would have no problem with the Padres.  That is not happening. Just the way it goes sometimes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

playing and sitting guys day to day is not working. francona needs to pick a lane and stay in it. forget the L-R-L fixation. play your hottest hand and PH when/if necessary

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Watching this will put you in a bad mood. Remy and Orsillo are not helping with their comic relief.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

There is a reason D-Mac was in the minors for about 10 years.  He is NOT a major league player.  He caught lightning in a bottle last year but that was last year.  He has done nothing this year to justify a spot on the roster other than being a nice guy and making little money.  I'd rather have a bad guy who can actually hit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

This getting the game in at all costs is ridiculous. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Please rain, rain and keep raining.

Sections
Shortcuts