1. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

sox-papi compromise

met at the mid-point according to Olney on MLBTR

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: sox-papi compromise

In Response to sox-papi compromise:
    [QUOTE]met at the mid-point according to Olney on MLBTR
    Posted by accland[/QUOTE]

Now, wasn't that all just real productive?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Yup. The Red Sox lost about $6M by offerning arbitration. A bad move by the front office. Given that they didn't come to a 2 year agreement, it shows that this will be his last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: sox-papi compromise:
    [QUOTE]In Response to sox-papi compromise : Now, wasn't that all just real productive?
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

The comprimise saved the Sox $2 mil.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Yup. The Red Sox lost about $6M by offerning arbitration. A bad move by the front office. Given that they didn't come to a 2 year agreement, it shows that this will be his last year.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Depends on how you look at it.  The Sox ended up giving him more money for this year than he would have received on the open market, no doubt.  But, the Sox wanted his services this year, the next only if he would agree to less money.  He was looking for a multi-year deal.  So, the arbitration offer essentially locked Papi up for this year, without having to go two years on him and without losing him to someone else who would give him 2 years.  The FOobviously felt, given his 2011 season, that Papi was a good bet to produce at this high level again this year, but a much bigger gamble in 2013.  In my eyes, this was the correct move, especially since in 2013 there will be more need to use the DH in a more modern format, with Youk and whoever else rotating through that spot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

This Beagle was specifically trained to hunt out Big Papi threads. His name is JackBU. He is a good dog.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

[QUOTE]This Beagle was specifically trained to hunt out Big Papi threads. His name is JackBU. He is a good dog.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Love it. I nearly spit out my coffee when I saw this post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: sox-papi compromise": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: sox-papi compromise : Love it. I nearly spit out my coffee when I saw this post. Posted by LadyLake[/QUOTE] Of course you love your own posts pike. You are utterly lame, and by the way, jackbu is a cat. Look at his avatar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

why did this take so long?  Another misstep by the sox?  I sure hopes he does something to earn the money.  How about play 1st base against some bottom feeding team and give Gonz a day off this year.

Sections
Shortcuts