Sox Pirates Game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Sox Pirates Game thread

Over in the Bronx, a lot of hard hit outs. "Juicer" Giambi with the blow. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Come on, Jacoby. Start us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yankees lost to Ubaldo 4-2. Click on Yankee game threads and you'll read the following: "What is wrong with this offense? Red Sox getting beat in the 9th, had a chance to move into first place and can't even beat the stupid Rockies." They aren't doin' any better than we are. Sox still with the best record in the AL even with a loss tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Give up a strike Ells

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Pirates Game thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pirates Game thread : I agree with you...Play to win on the road...To tie at home. The only upside is it kept Tek from rolling into a DP which was my biggest concern when he stepped to the plate. He did his job. If Scutaro would have even made decent contact, we'd have likely picked up a run. His AB killed that inning. 
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely. It does not look good when you sac. bunt, then the next guy takes a called third strike.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

the spankees lose, spankees lose, daaa daaaa daaaa, thanks john sterling..how is your pal roger the bottle rocket these days?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Bellsbury, the other half of Crawbury, who makes the offense spark.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This guy has one pitch. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

POOR Lineup by Francona

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Pathetic....again....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Pirates jacked up and ready to play. Red Sox, paid a lot and takin a day to coast. Always tomorrow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Still winless when trailing after eight. The N.L. is much improved from the past few years. This road trip will be a challenge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

only in the lame mind of our comatose manager is putting stumps like Mac & Cameron better than sticking with your starters/best players available

typical Coma - his teams play to the level of their competition because he cant motivate anyone

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

423 rd dinger for jason gumbi, the roider, who is closing in on billy herman's HR total

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'm not surprised by this at all. I've been pretty well convinced all day that the Red Sox were going to lose this game, although I tried to talk myself out of it. Have no idea what to think about tommorow's game--as if it matters what I think. I know from following the NL Central that the Pirates are better than many people think. If the Sox don't strap it on, they'll be lucky to get out of here with one win, and I'm not kidding.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Frown

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Maybe the Sox are trying to reach .500 again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

In the last two games, we face two pitchers that were a combined 4-17. Our "elite" offense put up a combined two runs. Continuing to play DMac and Cameron and the subsequent lineups have a lot to do with the ineptness.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I would think that a decision will be made very soon on what to do with Cameron and McDonald. They may keep one of them, but I doubt very much they will both stay around much longer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pirates Game thread : Seems like there is a hole in the socks...
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

And likewise in yours it seems.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

The Padre and Pirate starters are some of the best in MLB. Henry, just wire the money for your labor hands, and be quick about it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I would think that a decision will be made very soon on what to do with Cameron and McDonald. They may keep one of them, but I doubt very much they will both stay around much longer.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the leash is getting very short.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

They will win some, they will lose some ... and then they will be predestined for failure.  

For the life of me I cannot grasp why Cameron, and not any other player in the Red Sox system, was playing right field tonight.  He is beyond being a contributor, unless you were rooting for the Pirates.  Bad defense, worse offense. 

DM is a swell guy.  He is a great teammate.  In Pawtuckett.  

I sat there before the game, staring at those consecutive sub .200 hitters lined up in a row, and told my wife that Francona must have money on the Pirates.

It was funny then ... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]They will win some, they will lose some ... and then they will be predestined for failure.   For the life of me I cannot grasp why Cameron, and not any other player in the Red Sox system , was playing right field tonight.  He is beyond being a contributor, unless you were rooting for the Pirates.  Bad defense, worse offense.  DM is a swell guy.  He is a great teammate.  In Pawtuckett.   I sat there before the game, staring at those consecutive sub .200 hitters lined up in a row, and told my wife that Francona must have money on the Pirates. It was funny then ... 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Maholm has been very tough on lefties over his career, with a .581 OPS against.  If Cameron can't contribute anymore then the organization has to do something.