Sox Pirates Game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Sox Pirates Game thread

In Response to Re: Sox Pirates Game thread:
    [QUOTE]It was funny then ... 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

But not so much now. Losing 4 of 6 isn't a huge deal, but the problem is, we have 8 more games w/o the DH, scrambling the lineup for hitting, w/o Crawford, scrambling to find OF defense, and w/o Bucholz scrambling to find SP's. I would be ecstatic over 6-3/5-4 on this road trip. I still think that's doable, especially with ending in Houston with three. After this road trip, we start getting people back, but for now let's just come out and say what none of us Sox fans are wanting to say: "Injuries are screwing up a great season AGAIN, and it scares the heck out of me."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

The pitching coach has been exposed as having no knowledge and no influence over anything on the field. Lester, Lackey, Aceves. He has no knowledge, no impact on their contributions.

The pitching coach, named Burt Young, is finished. Thanks Burt. (Loved you in those Rocky films, btw.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Pirates Game thread:
    [QUOTE]I would think that a decision will be made very soon on what to do with Cameron and McDonald. They may keep one of them, but I doubt very much they will both stay around much longer.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
      Add Drew with Cameron and McDonald, He's just as rotten.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

First: 12/30/2010
    Last: 6/24/2011
    1. The Pirates are not a bad team this year, I've been afraid of just what happened tonight for the past couple of days. This Pittsburg team is young and scrappy, and would LOVE to hang Red Sox heads on the walls this weekend. Take this team lightly at your own risk. Sox better strap it on real quick, or they'll get swept right out of town, I'm NOT kidding!
    2. Paul Maholm is one of the best pitchers in the NL. I know from keeping up with the Reds that Maholm can be lights out when he gets on a roll--which he did tonight after the first inning.
    3. Lester actually pitched a pretty good game, but his defense let him down. He could have had a line of 7 innings and 1 run easily.
    4. All that being said, I do agree that this team had played heartless ball the past week, and that includes most of the wins! One of the flaws this team has is the inability to win when trailing after 7/8. They seem to give up sooner than they should, and that's something that needs to be adressed. We'll see where we stand at the break, and make an assesment then. Losing 4 of 6 is annoying, but not the end of the world just yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Yes, Lester did pitch a pretty good game.  Tough in the NL on the road, he did his job, a quality start.

Leaving all those guys on base is frustrating but curable.  Let's hope the Sox don't use that lineup again anytime soon.