Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV

In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : I am not sure that I can begin to get on the same page with you on it about being anywhere near the same thing. If it is true, it is an embossment to the team if it went on repeatedly and a real indictment of Francona. I think a lot of stuff is over blown. In this case this really is nasty and that in part is why I find it hard to believe. Detached pitchers hanging out in the clubhouse on non start days and cracking beers early and ordering out food before the post game buffets are put out is embarrassing but not unbelievable. Guys kicking back and having a Bud Light in dugout while their teammates are playing and nobody saying anything starting with Hale and Francona who are paid to police those men? That's a management problem of the first order and isn't like guys getting in a circle having a shot and going and playing Game 7. And that is why until somebody puts their name on it I find it hard to believe that this isn't clubhouse kids that think the three pitchers are arrogant jrks who are light tippers. 
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

this in and of itself was the real underlying issue, as a team. the three pitchers, Beckett, Lester and Lackey, weren't getting past the 6th inning, in turn, over taxed the bullpen.  The entire month of September, the offense had to play from behind, which also goes back to the starting pitchers. They showed total disregard for their teammates, which equated to a disconnect all the way around, which spilled out onto the field. They played poorly in September because they weren't playing together, with the all for one one for all mentality you need as a team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : Really??This team blew a nine game lead in one month and you are saying they couldve wouldve mightve won the championship???? and who were these pitchers who were going to do this for us? the guys hiding in the clubhouse during games getting a buzz on and eating take out chicken??? seriously insane...stop now please -
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

The team was good enough to sneak into the playoffs but the injuries and the way that they were playing as a team in September was a bad omen. My opinion is that it was a slump by 20 players. Slumps happen. TB got hot. Close games were lost in every way possible. Chit happens. Get over it. The media doesn't want you to get over it and they will provide you with a boogeyman every few days since that increases their revenue. Why do you think that Felger has zoomed to the top in ratings? He excels at creating division, conflict, controversy, hatred, disrespect, rumors, and pessimism. Felger is great at whatb he does and he admits it. He is from Milwaukee and is not a fan of any Boston teams. Why waste your time on Felger, Mazz, CHB, and others like them. Their job is to stir up a hornets' nest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : so you want to protect these three pitchers because they are good pitchers??? you are as weak as Francona... they need to be gone - I dont root for players like that - you can root for who you want but Im not cheering for idiots like these three fatazzes who cost us a playoff spot....they need to go

Again, sticking to baseball and not the male soap opera that we are being sold, losing Beckett, Lester and Lackey will leave this team far worse on the field and on the payroll. 

My "weak" nature prioritizes how this team performs on the field over the high school drama you want to let dictate the future of this team.  Thank you for being so strong!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : The team was good enough to sneak into the playoffs but the injuries and the way that they were playing as a team in September was a bad omen. My opinion is that it was a slump by 20 players. Slumps happen. TB got hot. Close games were lost in every way possible. Chit happens. Get over it. The media doesn't want you to get over it and they will provide you with a boogeyman every few days since that increases their revenue. Why do you think that Felger has zoomed to the top in ratings? He excels at creating division, conflict, controversy, hatred, disrespect, rumors, and pessimism. Felger is great at whatb he does and he admits it. He is from Milwaukee and is not a fan of any Boston teams. Why waste your time on Felger, Mazz, CHB, and others like them. Their job is to stir up a hornets' nest.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

I have no idea who Felger is and I barely read the other guys - I spend more time reading your opinions than theirs...I think we need to seriously think about trading at least Beckett/Lackey...if not all three....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : I have no idea who Felger is and I barely read the other guys - I spend more time reading your opinions than theirs...I think we need to seriously think about trading at least Beckett/Lackey...if not all three....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]When it is all "thought though"Geo, the RS will likely end up eating a lot of money to get out from under Lackey and will work through the issues with Beckett who is a talented, cost controlled pitcher that was allowed to roam of the reservation.

You know I often debated with you and others about Francona's management style and that it worked with grown men. It failed in 2011 big time. He is gone.

Trading Beckett with this cloud over him will get the RS $.60 on the $1.00 in player value.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : Again, sticking to baseball and not the male soap opera that we are being sold, losing Beckett, Lester and Lackey will leave this team far worse on the field and on the payroll.  My "weak" nature prioritizes how this team performs on the field over the high school drama you want to let dictate the future of this team.  Thank you for being so strong!!
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

I think I'm with your train of thought.  As far as this team is concerned we have constantly had this kinda stuff.  From Pedro to Manny.  Red Sox drama is nothing new. 
    Beckett is the ring leader.  And I have always supported him.  But he is also an arrogant a hole. 
    He also holds value and would get a nice return. 

I had a thought of Youk/Lackey/Reddick(or Lowrie) for Bay and Wright.  Love arm chair QB.  I actually think Lackey would do well in a big park. Youk could play 1B again and they would get a player like Reddick who would get to play everyday.
    Wright takes over at 3B and Bay becomes a DH

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : I have no idea who Felger is and I barely read the other guys - I spend more time reading your opinions than theirs...I think we need to seriously think about trading at least Beckett/Lackey...if not all three....

Yo georom, I usually don't agree with many of your posts, especially thouse overly critical ones towards Francona, however, I must go on record and APOLGIZE to you for dismissing your post that these lunkheads were drinking in the dugout...so for that I apologize to you.

If Francona knew this was happening and did nothing to prevent it I can see why he resigned...because if it's happening in the dugout then the manager needs to manage that...I didn't want to blame him for this if it was only happening in the clubhouse, but drinking in the dugout is definitely crossing the line.

The thing now is that if the organization wants to dispose of the guys that created the problems in the clubhouse, then they'll have to go and build an entirely new rotation and trade of Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Lackey and Wakefield...personally I think two of those 5 have to go...and that's Lackey and Wakefield.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : Yo georom, I usually don't agree with many of your posts, especially thouse overly critical ones towards Francona, however, I must go on record and APOLGIZE to you for dismissing your post that these lunkheads were drinking in the dugout...so for that I apologize to you. If Francona knew this was happening and did nothing to prevent it I can see why he resigned...because if it's happening in the dugout then the manager needs to manage that...I didn't want to blame him for this if it was only happening in the clubhouse, but drinking in the dugout is definitely crossing the line. The thing now is that if the organization wants to dispose of the guys that created the problems in the clubhouse, then they'll have to go and build an entirely new rotation and trade of Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Lackey and Wakefield...personally I think two of those 5 have to go...and that's Lackey and Wakefield.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

no need to apologize i mean it's just opinions..and you know what?? I am waaaaay more sympathetic to Tito now that i know the crapola he went thru because of these backstabbers...He treated them like men, and they mocked his leniency and personally cost the team a playoff spot with their terrible combined pitching DIRECTLY CAUSED by theiir out of shape, lacksadaisacal attitude...

these 3 stooges won 40 games combined last year and their salary was 39 million...you do the math and tell me how essential these guys are to us in 2012 given their performance, attitude and history (see Florida/Beckett)

get rid of these clowns

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

If there were lax or no rules in recent years, there certainly will be rules from now on.    This will be explained to the new manager when he's interviewed.     Some players will object and think they're being watched and if they complain, they'll be gone except for the albatross contracts that can't be moved.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eufrates. Show Eufrates's posts

This is so overblown by the media. First, the team will take forever to recover from their big free fall. Next, oh no, then manager and the gm are leaving. What will we ever do? Now the manager that left, lost control and players drank. What a joke! Guess what? The Red Sox will be fighting for the division title next year, no doubt, and I bet they win it. Then all this garbage will be forgotten. I notice it didn't ruin the Yankees after they blew the 3-0 lead to the Red Sox. The media gets so many people in a frenzy. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]This is so overblown by the media. First, the team will take forever to recover from their big free fall. Next, oh no, then manager and the gm are leaving. What will we ever do? Now the manager that left, lost control and players drank. What a joke! Guess what? The Red Sox will be fighting for the division title next year, no doubt, and I bet they win it. Then all this garbage will be forgotten. I notice it didn't ruin the Yankees after they blew the 3-0 lead to the Red Sox. The media gets so many people in a frenzy. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
    Posted by Eufrates[/QUOTE]

CORRECT!!!  The drama sells papers and fills air time.  The National Enquirer can attest to the fact that this type of garbage is very interesting to lots of people.  Did you hear, Obama and Hillary Clinton have an Alien love child....

The Red Sox will be fine next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I distinctly remember Francona mentioning something about guys drinking "cups' of beer, but he never mentioned it being in the dugout during games, but that it definitely happened during games...now we know why he was careful in his wording, his parsing of his words...LMFAO.......he DID dime these clowns, most directly in fact....way to go Tito, they deserve it for crapping all over you and the team....what a bunch of gutless losers the other players are for not telling these fat azzed clowns to knock the crap off the first time it happened...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

And pink hatters on pink clouds are morons and ostrich channelers...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ehhhhh, it'll all blow over. By next year everyone will be laughing about it. Heck, I'm laughing already. The media blows everything out of proportion, just look at how much time they've spent the last three days on that stupid "handshake" mess with Harbaugh. It's ridiculous. Varitek may be closer to the truth than anyone else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Ehhhhh, it'll all blow over. By next year everyone will be laughing about it. Heck, I'm laughing already.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Your laughter during game threads is intoxicating. You are a beacon of sunshine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Ehhhhh, it'll all blow over. By next year everyone will be laughing about it. Heck, I'm laughing already. The media blows everything out of proportion, just look at how much time they've spent the last three days on that stupid "handshake" mess with Harbaugh. It's ridiculous. Varitek may be closer to the truth than anyone else.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]You are right to a large extent. This particular leak reeks of somebody with an agenda and is kind of hard to believe.

And if you follow it all the way through what do you do if you own the RS. You fire the field manager and most of his staff, consider relieving the GM of his duties, move one or two bad seeds to make a point and go about the business of improving the team like you would in any other year.

Let's see now...the manager is not going to be here and the GM is going to the Cubs...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Sound like my old days softball team where we drank beers all the times during a game time or all day softball tourney.

This is too much drama.  This need to be stop.  Come on, if that was Kansas City Royals having 9 games lead for the wildcard spot, and then fall apart.  No one would care about them.  Only the large market teams get all the bashings!!

Well, cant wait for the 2012 season cuz all the drama stuffs will be over by then!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : You are right to a large extent. This particular leak reeks of somebody with an agenda and is kind of hard to believe. And if you follow it all the way through what do you do if you own the RS. You fire the field manager and most of his staff, consider relieving the GM of his duties, move one or two bad seeds to make a point and go about the business of improving the team like you would in any other year. Let's see now...the manager is not going to be here and the GM is going to the Cubs...
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : Unsubstantiated rumor? What planet are you living on? Every accusation to date has been verified by the parties involved. You can't be serious.
    Posted by greenapplesplatters[/QUOTE]
    Yeah like Tito being a pill popper...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : Sarcasm?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]Not really but maybe the writing style was. Point is:

The flap indicates the inmates were running the asylum.

What do you when that happens? Your fire the guards (manager and coaches) and the warden (GM) and get a new group to rein the inmates back in.

Seems for all the hand ringing, that is where we are.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

OK. Now how do we get the troll who named himself from Diarrhea ( GreenAppleSplatters) from splattering into this forum? Must we enable him? Why not ignore him? Isn't it obvious what his agenda is?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : Yo georom, I usually don't agree with many of your posts, especially thouse overly critical ones towards Francona, however, I must go on record and APOLGIZE to you for dismissing your post that these lunkheads were drinking in the dugout...so for that I apologize to you. If Francona knew this was happening and did nothing to prevent it I can see why he resigned...because if it's happening in the dugout then the manager needs to manage that...I didn't want to blame him for this if it was only happening in the clubhouse, but drinking in the dugout is definitely crossing the line. The thing now is that if the organization wants to dispose of the guys that created the problems in the clubhouse, then they'll have to go and build an entirely new rotation and trade of Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Lackey and Wakefield...personally I think two of those 5 have to go...and that's Lackey and Wakefield.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]
    Why is it so hard to understand that he was given the option of resigning or they weren't going to pick up the option..translation, they were going to FIRE him if he didn't resign.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The first total denial of any rumors...

Red Sox pitcher Jon Lester strongly denies a report by a Boston TV station WHDH that he and fellow pitchers Josh Beckett and John Lackey drank beer in the Red Sox dugout during games this season.

Lester said the report was “completely false” through team publicist Pam Ganley in response to a request for comment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

Hey Guys... This is the Boston Redsox!!, not bozo league softball!!  Beer has no place in the clubhouse, or the dugout at least until after the game!!  That said, I too agree that all this is a media generated circus, and we should smack the media around a bit for being so juvenille!!  No one had a lot to say about Millar and the pre-game shots of Jack Daniels, all around, back when we won it all!  So, now  OMG, bring on AA, and trade the scoundrels!  Yes, back to a sound,
    reasonable behavior!!  But, put a sock in your mouth Boston media, or we will run y'all out of town!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I do not see the big deal with the players drinking beer. 

We had a President who had sex with Monica Lewinsky.  We had the governor of California get a housekeeper pregnant.  He was the terminator for the wrong reason.  lol

I'm sure all of you have done things during work such as hit on a colleague, browse Facebook for hours or steal pens.  lol

Sections
Shortcuts