Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannimota. Show mannimota's posts

Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV

I'm not so sure you can compare 2004 to 2011.  Drinking shots of JD seemed to be an attempt to coalesce the squad and create an us-against-the-world attitude.  The three amigos weren't exactly bringing the team together in an appreciable manner by eating fried chicken and drinking beer when the team was clearly struggling.  I don't care if they were doing it in June, July and August.  The team was falling apart and it doesn't appear that they made any real attempt to change the team dynamic or make any sacrifices for the benefit of the team. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV:
    The first total denial of any rumors... Red Sox pitcher Jon Lester strongly denies a report by a Boston TV station WHDH that he and fellow pitchers Josh Beckett and John Lackey drank beer in the Red Sox dugout during games this season. Lester said the report was “completely false” through team publicist Pam Ganley in response to a request for comment.
    Posted by fivekatz

Where did you find this? Link? Not that I don't believe you. I do. I consider you to be a trusted poster on this forum, but I'd just like to see it so I could share the link with others and read it for myself.

I don't believe this "report" anyway. I mean, come on, there are cameras looking into the dugout, I'm sure it would have been spotted a long time ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV:
    The first total denial of any rumors... Red Sox pitcher Jon Lester strongly denies a report by a Boston TV station WHDH that he and fellow pitchers Josh Beckett and John Lackey drank beer in the Red Sox dugout during games this season. Lester said the report was “completely false” through team publicist Pam Ganley in response to a request for comment.
    Posted by fivekatz

No different than the list of steroid users who completely denied the reports when they came out, and then eventually they came out and said, oops, I'm sorry.

Lester's just trying to save face.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Posted by fivekatz

Trolls, read the above.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : You are right it would have been cute and urban legend if the same stuff came out and the RS won it all. In that regard the question about Jack before a game and a cup of beer in the dugout is relevant. But beer in the dugout is different. It is right in the face of all the players and most of all in front of the men that are paid the manage the guys drinking on the bench. Do you think it would have been acceptable to John Henry to have had neraly $40M of his 2011 payroll kicking back and having a Bud Light while they watched the game? Now end of the day, Francona is gone, Hale will be gone. When it comes to the pitchers I think Lackey is gone and we will never see this again from the other two. But if it is true wow! Those three guys were b-heads and the field management indefensible. I don't care what Schilling or anybody else says, this one was not up to the room to self-police. The again it is so stunning I am inclined to believe and hope it is BS.  
    Posted by fivekatz

It will end up being true. Lester can deny all he wants, just like AROD, Manny, McGwire, Papi, Clemens and other denied using PEDs. They all took them even though initially, they denied, and some are still denying.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : It will end up being true. Lester can deny all he wants, just like AROD, Manny, McGwire, Papi, Clemens and other denied using PEDs. They all took them even though initially, they denied, and some are still denying.
    Posted by ADG

Troll Agenda

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : Where did you find this? Link? Not that I don't believe you. I do. I consider you to be a trusted poster on this forum, but I'd just like to see it so I could share the link with others and read it for myself. I don't believe this "report" anyway. I mean, come on, there are cameras looking into the dugout, I'm sure it would have been spotted a long time ago.
    Posted by xorsed

Here's one link:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=MLB&id=1061&line=344332&spln=1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

Thanks.

I'm glad someone denied it. I think the fans and media are looking too far into the information being put out. Put it to rest already.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Pitchers Drank Beer In the Dugout During Games---WHDH TV : Why is it so hard to understand that he was given the option of resigning or they weren't going to pick up the option..translation, they were going to FIRE him if he didn't resign.
    Posted by BOSOX1941

BOSOX, I understand how much you want it on record that Francona was fired, but it's officially listed as he resigned (i.e. you can't fire me, I quit), but as far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter.

In the end you got your ultimate wish and the Sox will have a new manager next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

More people denying:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/red_sox/index.php/2011/10/18/lester-lackey-beckett-francona-lucchino-deny-dugout-drinking/

Nice to finally hear from all three.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Sick of beer, chicken, and clubhouses. Season is over...time to build a better one in 2012.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think I figured out who Greenapplesplatters is. He sounds an awful lot like Pumpsiegreen. I don't know him except for his recent bashing posts on the forum, but, apparently, other posters know him from another forum. He also uses "rumpswabs" in his posts. I don't know anyone who uses that term nevermind two people.

Haven't posters said this pumpsiegreen has an axe to grind?

Sections
Shortcuts