Sox place Crawford on disabled list

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Sox place Crawford on disabled list

WEEI:

The Red Sox have recalled outfielder Josh Reddick ftom Triple-A Pawtucket and placed Carl Crawford on the disabled list with a strained hamstring. Crawford suffered the injury in Friday night's game against the Brewers. Reddick hit .385 in five games with the Sox earlier this season and was hitting 230/.333/.508/.841 with 14 HR in Pawtucket. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Sox place Crawford on disabled list

Depth will be tested some.  Hope Carl gets strong soon. 

Congrats Bruins!

Go Sox .....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Reddick was struggling mightily since return to Pawtucket... until last night when he launched 2 HR's going 2 for 3 with a walk (and the 2 HR's) and 4 RBI.  Reddick has hit .385 with Boston this year in limited playing time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hey Edith ... how did I get more posts than you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Hi Yaz. You started earlier. However, my posts are basically news items. Your posts are well-thought out. I enjoy reading them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

We will miss Carl. And yes, depth will be tested, but isn't that the case every year, for every team? We will be fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Crawford has been an embarrassment, which happens with MLBPA members, at a high rate. Hopefully he returns and decides to be a professional in the performance effort department.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Sox place Crawford on disabled list:
    [QUOTE]Crawford has been an embarrassment, which happens with MLBPA members, at a high rate. Hopefully he returns and decides to be a professional in the performance effort department.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

I'd like clarification on the embarrassment comment. He's one of the first to the park, and works hard and hustles every day. I'm willing to bet it's the 7/142 you take issue with, in which case, direct the venom at Henry and Co.

As for the DL...good move. Not a serious strain, and because he has only one, HIGH gear I don't think he'd do himself any favors. Sox in first, plenty of season left...just make sure he's healthy.

Now if this turns into a 4 month hamstring pull...(tounge firmly in cheek, but after all my Ells ripping last year, didn't want to seem like a hypocrite, I didn't have a problem with Ells for the first month either)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

No, I take issue with his less than all-out pursuit of balls to the outfield, and I take issue with this:

BA .243 OBP .275  8 SB CS% 33% SLG .384 46 K's 9 BB 5:1  Cost /> 20 million

I take issue with that, you betcha! File a complaint against the MLBPA for fraud in the factum and failure of consideration.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

that rigorous Tito Spring Training regimen rears its ugly head again...how many hammies, back spasms, and out of shape players will fall by the wayside as the year drags on???

over/under anyone???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]No, I take issue with his less than all-out pursuit of balls to the outfield, and I take issue with this: BA .243 OBP .275  8 SB CS% 33% SLG .384 46 K's 9 BB 5:1  Cost /> 20 million I take issue with that, you betcha! File a complaint against the MLBPA for fraud in the factum and failure of consideration.

We can disagree on that I suppose.

As for the rest, that's your right as a fan.

He had an absolutely horrid, inexcusable April, but take a look at his May:
    .304 avg, .328 obp, .482 slg, 19 runs, 15 rbi...the 3 out of 5 steals could, should be better.

The fact that he hit a robust .155 in May, and has gotten to nearly .250 is encouraging to me, not so to you, but as I said, that's your right as a fan. But can you honestly not see ANY positives in that? Or do you think he's really closer to the .155 hitter he was in May?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]that rigorous Tito Spring Training regimen rears its ugly head again...how many hammies, back spasms, and out of shape players will fall by the wayside as the year drags on??? over/under anyone???
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Really?  A June hamstring strain when these guys work out all the time is now traced back to Tito's spring training program.  Laughable!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I think he's closer to exactly where he is, right now, this year. I think he will end up closer to his career averages, which isn't an execuse for his embarrassing performance. He's not embarrassed by it, but he should be. The soft approach has failed with Crawford. The best approach is to rip the guy for lack of accountability.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]No, I take issue with his less than all-out pursuit of balls to the outfield, and I take issue with this: BA .243 OBP .275  8 SB CS% 33% SLG .384 46 K's 9 BB 5:1  Cost /> 20 million I take issue with that, you betcha! File a complaint against the MLBPA for fraud in the factum and failure of consideration.

It seems like you've been watching Sarah Palin too much. In that case, you should stay away from her references to Paul Revere, the Bush Doctrine, Africa, and the USSR.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Steve, that's funny.

But PLEASE don't sully Ms. Palin with Red's hysterical history.  

And NO I am not a Palin fan.  I am a registered Dem, but am more an indpendent.  BOTH parties are self-serving and care little for really making a positive difference ... staying or getting into power is the highest order of business.

It's just Softy is, to be congenial, a league of his own.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Steve, that's funny. But PLEASE don't sully Ms. Palin with Red's hysterical history.   And NO I am not a Palin fan.  I am a registered Dem, but am more an indpendent.  BOTH parties are self-serving and care little for really making a positive difference ... staying or getting into power is the highest order of business. It's just Softy is, to be congenial, a league of his own.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Completely agree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 4/13/2010
    Last: 6/18/2011
    Hi Yaz. You started earlier. However, my posts are basically news items. Your posts are well-thought out. I enjoy reading them.

Ahh.  Kind of you to say.

Please carry on.  Hip. hip and all that.  :o)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox place Crawford on disabled list : Really?  A June hamstring strain when these guys work out all the time is now traced back to Tito's spring training program.  Laughable!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

the only laughable thing is your response - our players were at club med this March-the season is a long haul and you can bet your beer gut that bodies are going to start to break down when they are not in condition - and it's not the first time I said this Jim, I mean it was my previous tagline for about a yr.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

now Clay on the DL...oh brother - what is that guy, 27 years old??????