Sox possible pitching moves.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Sox possible pitching moves.

BECKETT MUST GO......  OVERRATED,OVERPAID, FAT & OUT OF SHAPE !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Sox possible pitching moves.

Stay in the bidding to keep CC Sab interested in the Sox while working on a left/ right combo of CJ and Edwin Jackson as your 2/3 starters to go with Lester and Buch as #1 and #4. If CC accepts the offer from the Sox--we are a better staff, either way and the Yanks are weaker. 

Then either keep Beckett as your #5 or package him to the Nationals along with Reddick or Kalish for Jason Werth and a pitcher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolgolds. Show carolgolds's posts

In Response to Re: Sox possible pitching moves.:
    [QUOTE]  BECKETT MUST GO......  OVERRATED,OVERPAID, FAT & OUT OF SHAPE !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

What sane person would trade someone with Beckett's qualifications, stats, etc. - and you would trade him for ??????  You probably have been a Beckett hater from the get-go, and have a short memory of all that he has done this past year. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Move Aceves to the rotation, re-up Bedard, spend good money on bullpen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Youre right that it is ridiculous...someone isnt doing their math homework. Boston probably only have around 55 something million dollars to spend plus approximately over 30% of the 55 something million dollars will go toward to the abritration cases as well Boston just recently picked up Scutaro's option.

It is more likely Boston will have approximately 30 something million dollars left to spend.  If you want to sign Ramieriz, CC, trade for Werth, etc.  That is approximately over 50 million dollars, and someone from Boston got to go such as to trade Ellsbury or Youkilis, or refuse to sign Papi/Papelbon, etc.

It is not going to happen.  There will be couple teams that will offer more money to Rameriz, Wilson, and CC as well for Papelbon.  Boston are not going to be the highest offer for every single free agent including CC if he opt out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

This is ridiculous. You actually think they will give long term large contracts to CJ Wilson and CC? And then spend 10+ million a yr for E Jackson? This isnt fantasy baseball. And then they trade for another HUGE contract in Jason Werth?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Sox possible pitching moves.:
    [QUOTE]Stay in the bidding to keep CC Sab interested in the Sox while working on a left/ right combo of CJ and Edwin Jackson as your 2/3 starters to go with Lester and Buch as #1 and #4. If CC accepts the offer from the Sox--we are a better staff, either way and the Yanks are weaker.  Then either keep Beckett as your #5 or package him to the Nationals along with Reddick or Kalish for Jason Werth and a pitcher.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

So getting another overpaid outfielder like Jason Werth to join Carl Crawford is a good move? I'd rather have Michael Cuddyer who will cost near half of what Jason Werth costs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

If you look at Bedard and the fact he has not been healthy last  3 years     and still sign him  then  you get what you ask for.

Keep Beckett and stress to him     these next  2 years decide  if he  is a great pitching career  or just another flame out.  .. I think he'll  do better in 2012..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox possible pitching moves. : What sane person would trade someone with Beckett's qualifications, stats, etc. - and you would trade him for ??????  You probably have been a Beckett hater from the get-go, and have a short memory of all that he has done this past year. 
    Posted by carolgolds[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that trading Beckett would be a mistake.   The Red Sox need to add to their pitching depth for next year not trade away one of their best pitchers. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]Move Aceves to the rotation, re-up Bedard, spend good money on bullpen.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Yes, Space!  I am good with Beckett, Buckholtz, Lester, Aceves and Bedard.  Outstanding rotation and good enough to get us to playoffs next season, IMO.  We can and will hit.

For the pen, I would like Pap back on a three year deal.  Bard is a keeper and I would bring back Dan Wheeler also.  We need some lefty bullpen help, however, and I do know that the Os are laoded with them and several of their lefty relievers looked good against us in the last few weeks of the season.  Maybe we can do something there or elsewhere.

Thoughts on a lefty relief pitcher?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hortonhearzacup. Show hortonhearzacup's posts

I think Beuhrle and bard make a great 4 and 5 . Bell ,jenks and lidge or capps make nice end of the the bullpen  Beuhrle is an innings eater that will not require a million dollars and Bard could be a young stud if he can refine his change.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Think many of you are missing the point since the FO seems to be in love with Beckett...he is not going anywhere.  Secondly the FO has made it clear that for the coming year the policy is cheap...cheap...cheap and no FA signings of significance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox possible pitching moves. : What sane person would trade someone with Beckett's qualifications, stats, etc. - and you would trade him for ??????  You probably have been a Beckett hater from the get-go, and have a short memory of all that he has done this past year. 
    Posted by carolgolds[/QUOTE]Golds calm down! If Beckett can be traded for a decent pitcher i would do it in a heart beat. Problem is no one wants him at least not for anyone 1/2 way acceptable. I think he is a cancer in the clubhouse and will never change his ways. McKennon was having probs with him 10 years ago.!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Someone would trade Beckett for Werth and a Pitcher to the Nats. Cj from texas had an ERA of 2.94 and Beckett was 2.89 Beckett had a WHIP of 1.03 and CJ was 1.19. CJ was 221 IP and 193 hits. Beckett was 193 IP and 146 hits. Also CJ was 0-3 in his last 6 starts, including a not very good Post season. Also Beckett was MVP of the World Series for the Marlins, including 2 shutouts of the Yankees, don't put any stock in Jack Mckeon's comments. He was always criticizing Marlins players this year, quite common in our local Fla. press.
    Posted by Teach7719[/QUOTE]
    Josh Beckett was 1-2 with a 5.48 ERA in four September starts and has an ERA of 7.71 in his last four postseason starts.

The lesson to be learned: Don't rely on small samples.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teach7719. Show Teach7719's posts

Someone would trade Beckett for Werth and a Pitcher to the Nats. Cj from texas had an ERA of 2.94 and Beckett was 2.89 Beckett had a WHIP of 1.03 and CJ was 1.19. CJ was 221 IP and 193 hits. Beckett was 193 IP and 146 hits. Also CJ was 0-3 in his last 6 starts, including a not very good Post season. Also Beckett was MVP of the World Series for the Marlins, including 2 shutouts of the Yankees, don't put any stock in Jack Mckeon's comments. He was always criticizing Marlins players this year, quite common in our local Fla. press.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]  BECKETT MUST GO......  OVERRATED,OVERPAID, FAT & OUT OF SHAPE !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

You are officially not in charge of Marketing Josh Beckett in any potential trade. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox possible pitching moves. : Golds calm down! If Beckett can be traded for a decent pitcher i would do it in a heart beat. Problem is no one wants him at least not for anyone 1/2 way acceptable. I think he is a cancer in the clubhouse and will never change his ways. McKennon was having probs with him 10 years ago.!
    Posted by maxnsl[/QUOTE]B I N G O !!!!   THANK YOU ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Move Aceves to the rotation, re-up Bedard, spend good money on bullpen.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Re-up Bedard? an often injured pitcher who can not pitch for a big market team.
    He's not worth the risk of $3M a year. And what did he show in Boston? How many times did he go over 5 innings?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]If you look at Bedard and the fact he has not been healthy last  3 years     and still sign him  then  you get what you ask for. Keep Beckett and stress to him     these next  2 years decide  if he  is a great pitching career  or just another flame out.  .. I think he'll  do better in 2012..
    Posted by jackyldo[/QUOTE]

Bedard will not be signed by the Red Sox. He's always injured and he can't pitch under pressure or more than 5 innings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hyperRevue. Show hyperRevue's posts

"Secondly the FO has made it clear that for the coming year the policy is cheap...cheap...cheap and no FA signings of significance."

What's that based on??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

It will be interesting and it's all based on perception.  Had they 2-3 more games either at the start of the season, maybe this doesn't come up.  I still think they need legitmate RH power in that lineup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Trading Beckett would be a mistake! Managing personalities is why a manager get paid, Francona paid for not being able to do that. Coming back to the pitchers, they should keep Beckett and Lester but keep Bucholz on the trading block if they can get a pitcher like Felix in return. They need an Ace, someone like Felix, CC, Halladay...Redsox can not afford to lose Beckett.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Cherington looking for low cost pitching moves.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

There's been speculation all over the board about trading Ells for pitching, mostly King Felix. Not sure if I agree with trading a strong position player for a once every five day player but if you could put something together with San Fran or Cincin or the Rangers for one of their young starters a prospect would that interest people? Let's say Cain or Baumgarter, Cueto or Chapman, Feliz or Texas' best lefty.
    If you are going to get something of real value for Ells this is the time.