Sox Power Outage

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: Sox Power Outage

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Your Sox have scored three or fewer runs six times in 13 games.

Will Middlebrooks is not hitting. Take out the game at Toronto, and Middlebrooks is hitting.136 with a .188 on-base percentage and .227 slugging percentage in his other 48 plate appearances this season. He went hitless last night, dropping him to 2-for-26 since his third home run against Toronto.

Hall Of Fame left fielder Jackie Bradley is not hitting. He's down to .097 with a .129 slugging percentage. .

Ellsbury is getting on base at a .281 clip. Victorino is slugging .333 Not good.

Your Sox only have a .330 on-base percentage. Your Sox are only seeing 3.98 pitches per plate appearance.

And the David Ortiz big production years are over. But Sox management failed to get a big time offensive player this winter.

It’s time to be concerned.

Think the sox lead the major's in pitching.

Have scored about the same amount of runs as ny.

Three spots higher than ny in the power ratings.

Lead the al east.

Took 2 of 3 at ny.

Makes you wonder what sport your watching.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Will Middlebrooks is not hitting. Take out the game at Toronto, and Middlebrooks is hitting.136 with a .188 on-base percentage and .227 slugging percentage in his other 48 plate appearances this season. He went hitless last night, dropping him to 2-for-26 since his third home run against Toronto.

Hall Of Fame left fielder Jackie Bradley is not hitting. He's down to .097 with a .129 slugging percentage. .

Ellsbury is getting on base at a .281 clip. Victorino is slugging .333 Not good.

Your Sox only have a .330 on-base percentage. Your Sox are only seeing 3.98 pitches per plate appearance.

And the David Ortiz big production years are over. But Sox management failed to get a big time offensive player this winter.

you just worry about your Jeter, Grandy, Tex, Arod etc.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

More worries for your Sox!

Felix Doubront left much to be desired with his efficiency last night -- he needed 104 pitches to navigate five innings.

Fake Frank, you are wasting your energy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

7 runs last night

troll

You tell him Conan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to BaddBrains' comment:

Are you Frank from Gloucester who is the Yankee fan who calls in to WEEI? Why are you concerned?

your kidding right? the real frank is about 93 years old and used to call into weei when the big O glenn Ordway was still there. He called in using a pay phone...lol....this guy is just imitating frank obviously. basically here to troll and get yer dander up.....Conan got him pegged real good.

as for the yankees? if I can get a ticket for the first game they come to fenway I am going to stand and applaud them and their very classy organization for how they showed their support for our city the other night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Pitcher I Nova
    (W, 1-1) 5.0 IP  PC 94  ERA 5.59

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Doubront? Nova wasnt too far behind him fake frank. thanks for the laughs though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We do have some nice OBPs by several players:

Iggy 476

Gomes 448

nava  432

Pedey 414

Salty 371

Ciricao 364

Victorino 362

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Sox only have 3 guys with an OPS over .761.

One is now in AAA (Iggy).

One was supposed to be a platoon player (Nava).

And, one was the guy almost everyone wanted out of here (Salty).

Go figure!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Why even comment on this kind of OP? Obviously this guy is just here to stir the pot. Thats what he wants. Best to deny him that. Trolls hate echo chambers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Even trolls may say some meaningful things, even if by luck.

We have had a power outage, and to me, it is worthy of discussion. I could care less if this troll get's his jollies over any of my responses.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

We have had a power outage, and to me, it is worthy of discussion. I could care less if this troll get's his jollies over any of my responses.

Well said , Moon.  I agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The problem is that the troll is wrong. The Red Sox are now FOURTH in runs scored in the AL. Is there a power outage until we are first? Sure there are some guys that are slumping, but others have picked it up. I am not concerned about a power outage nearly as much as maintaining this level of pitching consistenly. Thus the OP from the troll is operating under a false premise and was posted just to get a rise out of susceptible Sox fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

The problem is that the troll is wrong. The Red Sox are now FOURTH in runs scored in the AL. Is there a power outage until we are first? Sure there are some guys that are slumping, but others have picked it up. I am not concerned about a power outage nearly as much as maintaining this level of pitching consistenly. Thus the OP from the troll is operating under a false premise and was posted just to get a rise out of susceptible Sox fans.

I never said our offense is doing poorly, just that we have a lack of power so far. On other threads, I have praised several players for excellent OBPs.

I also share a higher concern for our SP continuing to do well over our lack of power, but that does not mean we can only talk about the #1 issue.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

We probably have average to slightly above average home run potential on this team, but we don't have any glaring holes in the lineup, and everybody is capable of working counts and getting on base.  HRs are over-rated.  The 2007 team had average power, but was at the top of the league in OBP.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

We probably have average to slightly above average home run potential on this team, but we don't have any glaring holes in the lineup, and everybody is capable of working counts and getting on base.  HRs are over-rated.  The 2007 team had average power, but was at the top of the league in OBP.

Iagree, OBP is much more important, but we can't keep relying on just 5-6 guys to get on base at over a .350 pace. The team OBP of .330 is a bit troubling, but we have faced some good pitchers so far. I'm expecting a higher OBP and a better HR rate as the year goes on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

The power outage is a fair comment because historically the Sox have had and have needed to have a lot of power.  But you gotta love the way they keep scoring runs, just enough to win games thanks to that terrific pitching staff. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BaddBrains' comment:

Another negative thread, very TYPICAL of this forum.

and yet you keep coming back.... if you don't like it here then leave.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts