Sox Prospects New Top Prospects List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Sox Prospects New Top Prospects List

Swihart is one guy who may rise in ranks by next winter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Catchers seem to take a long time to develop. Swihart probably won't be able to help any time soon. So what do you guys think of giving Bogaerts a shot at the big club in ST? Tony C was playing in Boston at 19...

[/QUOTE]

Id like to see him have more than 23 games at Portland...He still needs some more defensive work. maybe a late year call-up or sept... If he does well again, which he should, I could see him starting at SS in 2014 if Iggy has issues...

[/QUOTE]

That and it would be nice to be able to see him play in Portland. Are you going to opening day at Hadlock?

[/QUOTE]

Im planning on it carnie. Are you going?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he will certainly rise in the rankings in 2013...Id Love to take in a Sea Dogs game with you and Carnie if the chance arises...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Catchers seem to take a long time to develop. Swihart probably won't be able to help any time soon. So what do you guys think of giving Bogaerts a shot at the big club in ST? Tony C was playing in Boston at 19...

[/QUOTE]

Id like to see him have more than 23 games at Portland...He still needs some more defensive work. maybe a late year call-up or sept... If he does well again, which he should, I could see him starting at SS in 2014 if Iggy has issues...

[/QUOTE]

That and it would be nice to be able to see him play in Portland. Are you going to opening day at Hadlock?

[/QUOTE]

Im planning on it carnie. Are you going?

[/QUOTE]

I think so. I've been looking at the Sea Dogs' ticket packages and nearly all of them include opening day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he will certainly rise in the rankings in 2013...Id Love to take in a Sea Dogs game with you and Carnie if the chance arises...

[/QUOTE]

Let's do it! 2 years ago, I had an enjoyable time watching the Sea Dogs with Critter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's do it! 2 years ago, I had an enjoyable time watching the Sea Dogs with Critter.

[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know the days I'll be going.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If there is a way to give you my personal email privatly, let me know...Same with you carnie. We'll pick a game and check out the 'kids'...Itll be a blast!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If there is a way to give you my personal email privatly, let me know...Same with you carnie. We'll pick a game and check out the 'kids'...Itll be a blast!

[/QUOTE]

We could communicate through here and pick a game and meet at the Pizza Villa 30 mins before gametime. I am almost always at Lake Sebago the 2-3 weeks surrounding the 4th of July.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We could communicate through here and pick a game and meet at the Pizza Villa 30 mins before gametime. I am almost always at Lake Sebago the 2-3 weeks surrounding the 4th of July.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, sounds good... As the time nears we'll set it up. Maybe carnie will join us too..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Cool!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok, sounds good... As the time nears we'll set it up. Maybe carnie will join us too..

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like fun to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe Critter can join us too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

A FanGraphs analysis on Red Sox outfield prospect Keury De La Cruz:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/keury-de-la-cruz-and-shiny-new-toys/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Maybe Critter can join us too.

[/QUOTE]

Sure! Lets pick a date and we'll get our tix...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

July 6 against New Britain?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

July 6 against New Britain?

[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me..How about you Moon? Just let me know what tix to order so we can all be in the same section. Or should we just go there and get them when we get there?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think I can not commit to a date until closer to July.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Garin Cecchini is very high on my list. He had a great year that may have looked better had he not hurt his wrist the year prior...

http://news.soxprospects.com/2012/11/top-40-season-in-review-garin-cecchini.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

I think I can not commit to a date until closer to July.

[/QUOTE]

Thats cool. We can just go the day of the game and get tix at the door...I imagine there will be a few left.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There are no "bad seats", so let's do that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

There are no "bad seats", so let's do that.

[/QUOTE]

Works for me...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Here's what soxprospects is projecting for the Seadogs 2013 roster:

Portland:

Starters LH Drake Britton RH Matt Barnes RH Brandon Workman RH Anthony Ranaudo RH Keith Couch     Bullpen RH Michael Olmsted RH Miguel Celestino RH Aaron Kurcz RH Chris Balcom-Miller RH Ryan Pressly RH Chris Martin RH Pete Ruiz RH Andrew Jones RH Marco Duarte RH Charle Rosario LH Manny Rivera Lineup C Christian Vazquez 1B Travis Shaw 2B Heiker Meneses 3B Kolbrin Vitek SS Xander Bogaerts LF Brandon Jacobs CF Jackie Bradley RF Peter Hissey DH Michael Almanzar     Bench C Adalberto Ibarra IF Derrik Gibson IF Ryan Dent OF Shannon Wilkerson C Jayson Hernandez 1B Drew Hedman IF Zach Gentile OF Felix Sanchez OF Matty Johnson

Pawtucket:

(I think de Jesus will be at 2B or SS, and maybe Bogaerts may be at SS mid year)

Starters RH Rubby De La Rosa RH Allen Webster LH Chris Hernandez RH Stolmy Pimentel RH Zach Stewart     Bullpen RH Josh Fields RH Alex Wilson RH Chris Carpenter RH Pedro Beato RH Sandy Rosario RH David Carpenter RH Brock Huntzinger RH Jose De La Torre LH Will Latimer RH Jeremy Kehrt Lineup C Dan Butler 1B Mauro Gomez 2B Acquisition 3B Danny Valencia SS Acquisition LF Jeremy Hazelbaker CF Ryan Kalish RF Bryce Brentz DH Juan Carlos Linares     Bench C Matt Spring IF Jon Hee IF Marquez Smith OF Alex Hassan IF Tony Thomas

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Off season depth chart:

http://www.soxprospects.com/org.htm

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's what soxprospects is projecting for the Seadogs 2013 roster:

Portland:

Starters LH Drake Britton RH Matt Barnes RH Brandon Workman RH Anthony Ranaudo RH Keith Couch     Bullpen RH Michael Olmsted RH Miguel Celestino RH Aaron Kurcz RH Chris Balcom-Miller RH Ryan Pressly RH Chris Martin RH Pete Ruiz RH Andrew Jones RH Marco Duarte RH Charle Rosario LH Manny Rivera Lineup C Christian Vazquez 1B Travis Shaw 2B Heiker Meneses 3B Kolbrin Vitek SS Xander Bogaerts LF Brandon Jacobs CF Jackie Bradley RF Peter Hissey DH Michael Almanzar     Bench C Adalberto Ibarra IF Derrik Gibson IF Ryan Dent OF Shannon Wilkerson C Jayson Hernandez 1B Drew Hedman IF Zach Gentile OF Felix Sanchez OF Matty Johnson

Pawtucket:

(I think de Jesus will be at 2B or SS, and maybe Bogaerts may be at SS mid year)

Starters RH Rubby De La Rosa RH Allen Webster LH Chris Hernandez RH Stolmy Pimentel RH Zach Stewart     Bullpen RH Josh Fields RH Alex Wilson RH Chris Carpenter RH Pedro Beato RH Sandy Rosario RH David Carpenter RH Brock Huntzinger RH Jose De La Torre LH Will Latimer RH Jeremy Kehrt Lineup C Dan Butler 1B Mauro Gomez 2B Acquisition 3B Danny Valencia SS Acquisition LF Jeremy Hazelbaker CF Ryan Kalish RF Bryce Brentz DH Juan Carlos Linares     Bench C Matt Spring IF Jon Hee IF Marquez Smith OF Alex Hassan IF Tony Thomas[/QUOTE]

Brewers just signed Olmsted, so hes off the list.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think Ben's FA pitcher list includes some of these guys:

Edwin Jackson

Anibal Sanchez

Kyle Lohse

Shaun Marcum

Brandon McCarthy

Jeremy Guthrie

Joe Saunders

Jonathan Sanchez

Rich Harden