Sox Prospects New Top Prospects List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Sox Prospects New Top Prospects List

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm glad we passed on the Marlin rejects.

[/QUOTE]

They are very good players.  Toronto has improved their club.   We are presently the worst team in the division.  That is a fact.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They are very good players.  Toronto has improved their club.   We are presently the worst team in the division.  That is a fact.

[/QUOTE]

The sky is falling. The sky is falling. If you're so unhappy with the Red Sox you could cheer for the Yankees.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fact is, we aren't playing today. Let's compare in April.

While I do think the Jays improved, these players all have drawbacks.

I still think planning for 2014 is our best direction.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just because it was a good move for the jays doesnt mean it would have been a smart move for the Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We can do better, and the jury is still out on it being a "good move" for the Jays. Let's look back in 5-6 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

We can do better, and the jury is still out on it being a "good move" for the Jays. Let's look back in 5-6 years.

[/QUOTE]

I think it was a "win now" move, so we should know in 1-2 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...maybe from the Jay's perspective, but not the Marlins.

Looking back now on the HanRam and A. Sanchez for Beckett & Lowell, who "won" that trade?

I'd say both to some extent, but in terms of total performance production of just the players involved, I'd say the Marlins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

...maybe from the Jay's perspective, but not the Marlins.

Looking back now on the HanRam and A. Sanchez for Beckett & Lowell, who "won" that trade?

I'd say both to some extent, but in terms of total performance production of just the players involved, I'd say the Marlins.

[/QUOTE]

Lowell was a WS mvp and beckett was great in 2007...Id say we won by a landslide.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The sky is falling. The sky is falling. If you're so unhappy with the Red Sox you could cheer for the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]

That is a typically ridiculous response.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Well, it seems like the Red Sox make you pretty unhappy. Maybe you should take a look at that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, it seems like the Red Sox make you pretty unhappy. Maybe you should take a look at that.

[/QUOTE]

I can say this about Denny. Although there is negativity on the surface, hes at least willing to hear and accept valid points (well, at least with me anyway), Unlike a number of guys here who just continuously badger this FO ignoring basic facts and certain circumstances for different situations all the while contradicting themselves without even knowing it....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can say this about Denny. Although there is negativity on the surface, hes at least willing to hear and accept valid points (well, at least with me anyway), Unlike a number of guys here who just continuously badger this FO ignoring basic facts and certain circumstances for different situations all the while contradicting themselves without even knowing it....

[/QUOTE]

Oblivion is Bliss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oblivion is Bliss.

[/QUOTE]

To some on here, its easier than looking at reality. And Im not talking about their idea of reality.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Marc Hulet at FanGraphs released his list of Top 15 Red Sox prospects:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/boston-red-sox-top-15-prospects-2012-13/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Workman at 10 and Brentz at 12 as well as Betts at 15 are the only surprises I see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Workman at 10 and Brentz at 12 as well as Betts at 15 are the only surprises I see.

[/QUOTE]

I think Brentz should be in the top 10, if not the top 8.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm a bit iffy on Brentz, but I like Cecchini near the 5 slot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm a bit iffy on Brentz, but I like Cecchini near the 5 slot.

[/QUOTE]

If Cecchini can keep doing what hes doing in AA then Ill really start to believe he could be the real deal. I think hes been great so far, but I usually start taking prospects a little more seriously if they can do well with advanced pitching in AA...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Something about this kid that gives me a lot of confidence that he will make it. 

(Not enough to pencil him in at 3B for 2015/2016, but with Bogaerts likely to do better at 3B than SS, I think we can pretty safely say we have 3B covered pretty well after 2013 if Middlebrooks is dealt.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Something about this kid that gives me a lot of confidence that he will make it. 

(Not enough to pencil him in at 3B for 2015/2016, but with Bogaerts likely to do better at 3B than SS, I think we can pretty safely say we have 3B covered pretty well after 2013 if Middlebrooks is dealt.)

[/QUOTE]

Were in a good situation with 3b. WMB should be a .280 avg 30HR guy with around a .320 OBP and 500+ SLG. Bogaerts projects better and minus the power, Cecchini will be a 300 avg 380OBP guy.

We could either switch one to LF (Bogaerts) and one to 1b (Cecchini). Or if both GC and XB keep up the pace their on, one could be a very valuable trade chip.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Were in a good situation with 3b. WMB should be a .280 avg 30HR guy with around a .320 OBP and 500+ SLG. Bogaerts projects better and minus the power, Cecchini will be a 300 avg 380OBP guy.

We could either switch one to LF (Bogaerts) and one to 1b (Cecchini). Or if both GC and XB keep up the pace their on, one could be a very valuable trade chip.

[/QUOTE]

1) I still am not convinced that Middlebrooks is the "real deal". His MLB sample size is very small. His low OBP and high K rate are certainly warning signs. He could easily end up being a .270 18 HR  .300 OBP/.450 SLG guy.

2) I'm not so sure that Middlebrooks will be the better fielder out of Cecchini, Bogaerts and Middlebrooks, so it might be Will that is the one moved.

I have a lot of faith in Middlebrooks, certainly more than I had last winter, but I get the sense that most fans on this site are viewing 3B as a settled by one guy position for the next 5-6 years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

;)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I like Middlebrooks, so I'm not ready to full out advocate a trade or sale of his bat/glove.  But I am concerned with his high K and low OBP as well.  Granted he is young, however it has been a problem at all levels of his development.   It's always hard to fathom the idea of parting with young talent, but seeing how Boegarts may be destined for 3B (or the outfield) and Cecchini himself may be a better 3B in a few years does it make sense to sell high on Middlebrooks???

For the right deal, I wouldn't cry....but like I said I like the kid, think he has potential, and will root for him as long as he is here. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I like Middlebrooks, so I'm not ready to full out advocate a trade or sale of his bat/glove.  But I am concerned with his high K and low OBP as well.  Granted he is young, however it has been a problem at all levels of his development.   It's always hard to fathom the idea of parting with young talent, but seeing how Boegarts may be destined for 3B (or the outfield) and Cecchini himself may be a better 3B in a few years does it make sense to sell high on Middlebrooks??? For the right deal, I wouldn't cry....but like I said I like the kid, think he has potential, and will root for him as long as he is here. 

WARNING: This is not for saberphobes:

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/controlling-the-strike-zone-and-batting-average/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I like Middlebrooks, so I'm not ready to full out advocate a trade or sale of his bat/glove.  But I am concerned with his high K and low OBP as well.  Granted he is young, however it has been a problem at all levels of his development.   It's always hard to fathom the idea of parting with young talent, but seeing how Boegarts may be destined for 3B (or the outfield) and Cecchini himself may be a better 3B in a few years does it make sense to sell high on Middlebrooks??? For the right deal, I wouldn't cry....but like I said I like the kid, think he has potential, and will root for him as long as he is here. 

WARNING: This is not for saberphobes:

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/controlling-the-strike-zone-and-batting-average/

[/QUOTE]

I wonder how close the past 3 year average is as a predictor.