Sox Prospects New Top Prospects List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Sox Prospects New Top Prospects List

I think we trade Aviles, maybe sign an aging vet as a back-up SS, use Ciriaco as the utility IF'er, and try and get Bogaerts ot AAA as soon as he looks ready with the hopes that he seriously competes for the SS job in 2014. 

I really like great fielding SSs, so if he looks shaky, I'd think about his realsitic future at SS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we trade Aviles, maybe sign an aging vet as a back-up SS, use Ciriaco as the utility IF'er, and try and get Bogaerts ot AAA as soon as he looks ready with the hopes that he seriously competes for the SS job in 2014. 

I really like great fielding SSs, so if he looks shaky, I'd think about his realsitic future at SS.

[/QUOTE]

His errors have gone way down compared to last year and when I saw him in portland his footwork looked a lot better. He appears to be working very hard with his defense and its showing. at 19 and a good work ethic, I believe he can stick at SS. He might not ever be as good as Iggy, but im sure he will be above average at the position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Moon, is TrotterNixon "Softy?"  Talking about "stupid hillbillies" immediately puts him in that category.  I make a point of not reading his posts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Critter23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Moon, is TrotterNixon "Softy?"  Talking about "stupid hillbillies" immediately puts him in that category.  I make a point of not reading his posts.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, sadly softy survived the changeover to the new forum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His errors have gone way down compared to last year and when I saw him in portland his footwork looked a lot better. He appears to be working very hard with his defense and its showing. at 19 and a good work ethic, I believe he can stick at SS. He might not ever be as good as Iggy, but im sure he will be above average at the position.

I didn't mean to sound like I am giving up on Bogie as a ML SS, but I just think he might do better (or projects better) at 3B (Middlebrooks to 1B?) or at 1B (Middlebrooks stays at 3B). We've needed a real SS for years, and I'd love for Bogaerts to become a better than average fielder and add his offense to the mix. I haven't given up on that thought yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Yes, Trotter is Softy.  You can tell by how often Trotter praises Softy.

No doubt he'll be banned again shortly, so when he does look for key words and phrases from new posters e.g. "mental midget", "supra" and "Wastefield", boasts about alleged wealth and high-powered, high-paying yet obviously part-time lawyering job, praise for anyone and anything from South Carolina (as long as they are straight, white, male and conservative) and vicious abuse towards everyone else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wonder if softy can tell Mitt why we can't open jet windows while in flight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to sound like I am giving up on Bogie as a ML SS, but I just think he might do better (or projects better) at 3B (Middlebrooks to 1B?) or at 1B (Middlebrooks stays at 3B). We've needed a real SS for years, and I'd love for Bogaerts to become a better than average fielder and add his offense to the mix. I haven't given up on that thought yet.

[/QUOTE]

If Bogy doesnt cut it a SS, maybe a switch to 1b. I would think LF would be a better fit than 1b though. Hes still young and like you said Neither one of us has given up on him playing SS at the MLB level. I think he can do it and hope he does too...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, Trotter is Softy.  You can tell by how often Trotter praises Softy.

No doubt he'll be banned again shortly, so when he does look for key words and phrases from new posters e.g. "mental midget", "supra" and "Wastefield", boasts about alleged wealth and high-powered, high-paying yet obviously part-time lawyering job, praise for anyone and anything from South Carolina (as long as they are straight, white, male and conservative) and vicious abuse towards everyone else.

[/QUOTE]

Dont forget drivel drone, median averages, dumpster dives, and profiles as a 4th Of'er

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...and "potemkin"...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I know..thats why its so funny...Its another ridiculous softyism...

Its his own way of measuring a player...sad, isnt it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

(as long as they are straight)

Define "straight".  Also, define "Gay".

I wonder if Moonshemp can tell Obama why another 9-11 brutal murder isn't just a "bump in the road".

[/QUOTE]

For the last time, I never voted for Obama, and I won't this time either.

Just because I think Romney is a buffoon, doesn't mean I do not hold many conservative values.

You really need to take a class in basic logic.

If A=B and B=C, then A=C kinda basic stuff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Here's my personal list of our top prospects and players who just recently graduated from prospect status (let's say 26 or younger and 2 or more arb years to go):

1) Bogaerts

2) Middlebrooks

3) Barnes

4) Bradley

5T) Morales 

5T) Tazawa

5T) Doubront

8) Webster

9) Lavarnway

10) Brentz

11) Cecchini

12) Swihart

13) Owens

14) de la Cruz

15) T. Shaw

16) Ranaudo

17) de la Rosa

18) Britton

19) Iglesias 

20) Workman

21) Johnson

22) Sands

23) Kalish

24) Light

25) Vinicio

26) Wilson

27) Marrero

28) Buttrey

29) Callahan

30) T W Lin

31) Vazquez

32) Pimental

33) Jacobs

34) Carpenter

35) Stewart

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Guys, there is a political thread ya know...This one is about Sox prospects incase you werent aware.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

TrotterBS, stay tuned in 41 days for a very bad day!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Moon, you are breaking my heart on the Romney sentiment! But I'd have no problem having a beer with you and Amp and yes...even BILL, THE SUPER ENTHUSIASTIC ONE!

I'm convinced it has something to do with how the brain is wired. There are brilliant Republicans and brilliant Democrats. The brains are just wired differently. It has little to do with enculturation IMO. I bet some of your sisters are Democrats Moon. I have an arch Republican as a brother. Can't figure out for the life of me how that happened.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Gotta put De La Rosa higher than that IMO Moon. Just my opinion!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Objectively, i don't see us getting better for years. I hope I'm wrong but  don't see many indications that I am.

If we can just put 5 quality starters out there a lot of things change though. And we do have a decent chance of pulling that off next year. It's our best shot. Gotta really look at guys like Anibel Sanchez. That's the kind of signing I see us making, and hopefully several of them. Good, medium tier investments over the long haul. We are not going to go for anyone over $100 mil IMO. Bad decision next year if we do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gotta put De La Rosa higher than that IMO Moon. Just my opinion!

[/QUOTE]

De La Rosa has some similarities to Pedro. the way the ball comes out of his hand and the way it moves toward the plate. Not talking "stuff', just the way it moves.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

de la Rosa as high upside, but IMO, he is too raw to move up just yet.