Sox Prospects New Top Prospects List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Re: Sox Prospects New Top Prospects List

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's my personal list of our top prospects and players who just recently graduated from prospect status (let's say 26 or younger and 2 or more arb years to go):

1) Bogaerts

2) Middlebrooks

3) Barnes

4) Bradley

5T) Morales 

5T) Tazawa

5T) Doubront

8) Webster

9) Lavarnway

10) Brentz

11) Cecchini

12) Swihart

13) Owens

14) de la Cruz

15) T. Shaw

16) Ranaudo

17) de la Rosa

18) Britton

19) Iglesias 

20) Workman

21) Johnson

22) Sands

23) Kalish

24) Light

25) Vinicio

26) Wilson

27) Marrero

28) Buttrey

29) Callahan

30) T W Lin

31) Vazquez

32) Pimental

33) Jacobs

34) Carpenter

35) Stewart

[/QUOTE]

Moon...DeLaRosa sandwiched between Ranaudo and Britton? Surely you jest. He should be number 2. Last yr at 22 yrs old he started 10 games for the dodgers and went 4-5 with a 3.71 era and a 1.40 whip while striking out 60 in 60 inn of work. He has dominated at every level in the minors and can dial it up to 97/98 mph. His stuff is electric, and RAW....who isn't,t raw at 23 yrs old. Barnes hasn't been above high A yet at pretty much the same age....cmon

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

de la Rosa as high upside, but IMO, he is too raw to move up just yet.

[/QUOTE]

I think we'll see him sometime in 2013...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon...DeLaRosa sandwiched between Ranaudo and Britton? Surely you jest. He should be number 2. Last yr at 22 yrs old he started 10 games for the dodgers and went 4-5 with a 3.71 era and a 1.40 whip while striking out 60 in 60 inn of work. He has dominated at every level in the minors and can dial it up to 97/98 mph. His stuff is electric, and RAW....who isn't,t raw at 23 yrs old. Barnes hasn't been above high A yet at pretty much the same age....cmon

I wouldn't argue with anyone who has him higher, but I would never brag about a 1.40 WHIP either.

He has a 4.8 BB/9 rate.

His ERA+ is 93 (the Dodger Park influence).

This is a small sample size. I am not judging him by these or your 10 game numbers. He has some great upside, but he also has a 4.0  BB/9 rate in the minors as well in 233 IP.  Mabe he will become the next Andrew Miller: maybe not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]

I wouldn't argue with anyone who has him higher, but I would never brag about a 1.40 WHIP either.

He has a 4.8 BB/9 rate.

This is a small sample size. I am not judging him by these or your 10 game numbers. He has some great upside, but he also has a 4.0  BB/9 rate in the minors as well in 233 IP.  Mabe he will become the next Andrew Miller: maybe not.

[/QUOTE]

Franklin Morales in 256 career inn has a 4.5 bb/9, a 1.40 whip, and a 4.36 era and is 3 yrs older. F Doubront has a career 4.90 era, a 4.2 bb/9 and a 1.49 whip. Also...2 yrs older. J Tazawa in 69 inn has a 3.89 era, a 1.41 whip, though a good 1.9 bb/9. also though...3 yrs older. the bottom line is your wrong. you talk about trotter or whatever his name is never addmitting fault. My guess is if you asked 10 pro evaluaters de la rosa would be ranked a top 3 prospect in our system. Because of his age, and his stuff

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has a 4.8 BB/9 rate.

[/QUOTE]

Franklin Morales in 256 career inn has a 4.5 bb/9, a 1.40 whip, and a 4.36 era and is 3 yrs older. F Doubront has a career 4.90 era, a 4.2 bb/9 and a 1.49 whip. Also...2 yrs older. J Tazawa in 69 inn has a 3.89 era, a 1.41 whip, though a good 1.9 bb/9. also though...3 yrs older. the bottom line is your wrong. you talk about trotter or whatever his name is never addmitting fault. My guess is if you asked 10 pro evaluaters de la rosa would be ranked a top 3 prospect in our system. Because of his age, and his stuff

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I would not argue with those who put de la Rosa higher. I admit I am not an expert of prospect evaluation.

BTW, I have admitted to more mistakes and faulty projections than the rest of this board combined... no joke. (One reason is that I at least have the huevos to make yearly player projections, specific trade suggestions, and statements of clear opinions that I am willing to change and say that I have changed my position as new information is revealed. I have always believed that admitting one's mistkes is a sign of strength not weakness.) I could provide a list of some of my greatest recent mistakes if you care to know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has a 4.8 BB/9 rate.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I would not argue with those who put de la Rosa higher. I admit I am not an expert of prospect evaluation.

BTW, I have admitted to more mistakes and faulty projections than the rest of this board combined... no joke. (One reason is that I at least have the huevos to make yearly player projections, specific trade suggestions, and statements of clear opinions that I am willing to change and say that I have changed my position as new information is revealed. I have always believed that admitting one's mistkes is a sign of strength not weakness.) I could provide a list of some of my greatest recent mistakes if you care to know.

[/QUOTE]

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has a 4.8 BB/9 rate.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has a 4.8 BB/9 rate.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

Please do...give us your top 10 most recent mr baseball.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has a 4.8 BB/9 rate.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And also....with the facts that you now know about De La Rosa. Where would you now rank him? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And also....with the facts that you now know about De La Rosa. Where would you now rank him? 

I gave my rating, and have uncovered no new facts or observations. I could maybe move him 10 #14, but like I said, I have no issues with those who put him up higher, I would argue with anything above # 5, but this all a guessing game. Also, I have stated that I am not an expert on the farm system, especially guys who just came to us from another team's system.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

OK, here are some...

I said...

1) AGon would hit 50 HRs this year or next.

2) 1 of our top 3 starters would get hurt or have a bad season (2 did and Buch's numbers aren't great).

3) Aviles was a horrible fielder and Iggy could save more hits than he'd lose on offense vs Mike.

4) We should trade Salty, because his stock was as high as it was going to get with us, and that even a green Lava could not field any worse than Salty.

5) Among many trade ideas and suggestions last winter, I offered Middlebrooks and others for Gavin Floyd & Jessie Crain (or Matt Thorton).

6) Between Cecchini and Bogaerts, one would become a better 3Bman than Middlebrooks.

7) Bobby V. was a good short-term solution to jump start the vets on this team in 2013.

8) DMac should play in LF vs LHPs over CC (ooops, I might have still been right here...)

9) Beckett would break the "even year curse" and pitch well.

10) Doubront (and Bard) should not go over 150 IP.

11) We'd make the playoffs, but not win a ring unless we got a quality starter.

To be fair and balanced, I did say our catchers would hit about 30, Ross would be a great fit for the Sox (I was the second one on his bandwagon), we couldn't count on our big 3 starters and needed a 1/2 slot type starter or at worst a good #3, Bard should close and not start, Aceves should long/mid relief, not start, we would not get good comp for Epstien leaving, our staff ERA would decline due to worse starters and no VTek, Wake's recent numbers would be as good as 1-2 of our starters this year (see Bard, Dice-K, Beckett & Cook's numbers), and a few more here and there. Overall, it was not a good year for me, but at least I am here admitting it and not getting banned so my posts are gone from the record, and I am not denying my mistakes or moving the "balsawood goalposts" like a few here do often.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has a 4.8 BB/9 rate.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mr Baseball? Hmmm, I like that...My top 10 prospects as i see them? Ok

1) Bogaerts

2) Barnes

3) Bradley

4) Brentz

5) Cecchini

6) Webster

7) De La Rosa

8) Owens

9) Swihart

10) Britton

I have high hopes for Shaw, Buttrey, Montas and Lin (SS). Also like what Josh Fields is doing in the pen.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is all guess work. We are trying to evaluate players who we have never seen play.  One person's opinion is as good as the next, since we are all looking at the same stats. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has a 4.8 BB/9 rate.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mr Baseball? Hmmm, I like that...My top 10 prospects as i see them? Ok

1) Bogaerts

2) Barnes

3) Bradley

4) Brentz

5) Cecchini

6) Webster

7) De La Rosa

8) Owens

9) Swihart

10) Britton

I have high hopes for Shaw, Buttrey, Montas and Lin (SS). Also like what Josh Fields is doing in the pen.

[/QUOTE]

Great list. Would put Cecchini above Brentz only. I saw him play hseniors or yr of hs at a tourn in Georgia. Was clearly the best player on the field on a field with a ton of high picks etc....He is a five tool player that is going to make a VERY good pro somewhere. A dirt dog, grinder, high obp guy that will hit a ton of doubles and 20 plus hrs...

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.