Re: Sox Prospects New Top Prospects List
posted at 9/28/2012 8:57 AM EDT
Like I said, I would not argue with those who put de la Rosa higher. I admit I am not an expert of prospect evaluation.
BTW, I have admitted to more mistakes and faulty projections than the rest of this board combined... no joke. (One reason is that I at least have the huevos to make yearly player projections, specific trade suggestions, and statements of clear opinions that I am willing to change and say that I have changed my position as new information is revealed. I have always believed that admitting one's mistkes is a sign of strength not weakness.) I could provide a list of some of my greatest recent mistakes if you care to know.
Please do...give us your top 10 most recent mr baseball.....
OK, here are some...
1) AGon would hit 50 HRs this year or next.
2) 1 of our top 3 starters would get hurt or have a bad season (2 did and Buch's numbers aren't great).
3) Aviles was a horrible fielder and Iggy could save more hits than he'd lose on offense vs Mike.
4) We should trade Salty, because his stock was as high as it was going to get with us, and that even a green Lava could not field any worse than Salty.
5) Among many trade ideas and suggestions last winter, I offered Middlebrooks and others for Gavin Floyd & Jessie Crain (or Matt Thorton).
6) Between Cecchini and Bogaerts, one would become a better 3Bman than Middlebrooks.
7) Bobby V. was a good short-term solution to jump start the vets on this team in 2013.
8) DMac should play in LF vs LHPs over CC (ooops, I might have still been right here...)
9) Beckett would break the "even year curse" and pitch well.
10) Doubront (and Bard) should not go over 150 IP.
11) We'd make the playoffs, but not win a ring unless we got a quality starter.
To be fair and balanced, I did say our catchers would hit about 30, Ross would be a great fit for the Sox (I was the second one on his bandwagon), we couldn't count on our big 3 starters and needed a 1/2 slot type starter or at worst a good #3, Bard should close and not start, Aceves should long/mid relief, not start, we would not get good comp for Epstien leaving, our staff ERA would decline due to worse starters and no VTek, Wake's recent numbers would be as good as 1-2 of our starters this year (see Bard, Dice-K, Beckett & Cook's numbers), and a few more here and there. Overall, it was not a good year for me, but at least I am here admitting it and not getting banned so my posts are gone from the record, and I am not denying my mistakes or moving the "balsawood goalposts" like a few here do often.