sox re-aquire pods!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

sox re-aquire pods!

hey everyone, just got back from vacation and checked in to see (aside from the loss :sad face: ) that we signed pods to a major league deal. that means GUHBYE kalish and hello pods.

pretty slick move by ben. package him and albers in a deal for breslow (who btw i havnt seen pitch yet but i hear he looks good) and then when pods refuses asignment and hits FA plucks him back. i like it, pods was great for us and it would be nice to see him back in our uniform

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: sox re-aquire pods!

In Response to sox re-aquire pods!:
    [QUOTE]hey everyone, just got back from vacation and checked in to see (aside from the loss :sad face: ) that we signed pods to a major league deal. that means GUHBYE kalish and hello pods. pretty slick move by ben. package him and albers in a deal for breslow (who btw i havnt seen pitch yet but i hear he looks good) and then when pods refuses asignment and hits FA plucks him back. i like it, pods was great for us and it would be nice to see him back in our uniform
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

Breslow needs to throw strikes!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

did i miss something?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Welcome back, Podsednik! We could use the hits!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

"Pods"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Huh?? I don't understand this thread if this is not sarcasm.

Maybe it's Ellsbury who gets dealt for a starting pitcher.  Ross the man at RF not Kalish...

I say Ells to Mariners for Vargas, or Rangers for Oswalt and Adams, or Giants for Lincecum + cash.. I'm just throwing out there...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Kalish goes to the PAWSOX til the Sept call-up.
    Pods is the # 4 OF.

Have you looked at our OF'ders: three starters catch lefty; subs, Kalish, Pods and Sweeney all lefty. In addition only 1 RH bat of the six, that's unusual.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

It seems like Pods is Sweeney's replacement. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

That will put us in 1st place by Labor Day !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: sox re-aquire pods!:
    [QUOTE]It seems like Pods is Sweeney's replacement. 
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Not really, more of Kalish's replacement.  Kalish is going to be send down to AAA.  

Pods will rotate with Ross in the RF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

awesome!  WS* here we come!!!!  <sarc>

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

seriously, I like it.  And if this was Ben's strategy, then I take back all the bad things I said about him.  OK, all I said was that he was a toady to LL, but you get what I mean.

Seriously -- good move.

Don't know about Kalish -- will he ever be as good as, say, a guy like Josh Reddick?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Welcome back, Podsednik! We could use the hits!
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

OMG are you for real ? I hope this is sarcasm !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]seriously, I like it.  And if this was Ben's strategy, then I take back all the bad things I said about him.  OK, all I said was that he was a toady to LL, but you get what I mean. Seriously -- good move. Don't know about Kalish -- will he ever be as good as, say, a guy like Josh Reddick?
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Ben's strategy, seriously? Sure, he knew AZ was going to option Posednik to AAA and that he would refuse the assignment, and that no one else would offer him him a deal.
    The truth is that ben got lucky that he was able to reacquire Pods after mistakenly trading him away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

OK, so Ben's luckey.

Better than the last guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

So lets see now. Posednik plays well, gets hurt recovers and languishes while we leave him in Pawtucket. We suffer with Kalish who we held onto because he was better than Reddick who we trade for an often injured reliever and an outfielder who never could hit for power. Then we reaquire the guy because the GM realized Kalish cannot hit. Yeah Ben knows what he is doing here. The way this team has played, I do not watch them religiously anymore nor am I going to spend 169 dollars for the MLB Package unless this team picks up players to improve. I am gratefull to the World Series Wins in 2004 and 2007 after suffering withnthis team since the 1970s.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I was told that Podsednik was not good enough to be on the Sox roster after his 15-day DL stint by several posters on this board. Don't want to stifle the progress of Kalish/Nava. So now he returns. Ben really should be canned.