Sox renewed intrest in Roy Oswalt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Sox renewed intrest in Roy Oswalt

With our dismall pitching staff i think this would be a welcome addition. But word is the Cardinals are also going after him. Wouldnt be surprised with the  redsox desperation that we see oswalt pull down atleast 10 mil for one year.  

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/22/red-sox-cardinals-again-reaching-out-to-roy-oswalt/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Sox renewed intrest in Roy Oswalt

In Response to Sox renewed intrest in Roy Oswalt:
    With our dismall pitching staff i think this would be a welcome addition. But word is the Cardinals are also going after him. Wouldnt be surprised with the  redsox desperation that we see oswalt pull down atleast 10 mil for one year.   http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/22/red-sox-cardinals-again-reaching-out-to-roy-oswalt/
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx

Oswalt has yet to pitch in the AL East, or AL in general which isn't the best thing for an aging pitcher to walk into.  Roy, also hasen't pitched this year or that well since first going to the Phils so I'm still very hesitant bringing him to Boston.  Teams also haven't been knocking down the door to sign him at 10mil or more which should also tell us something.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Yeah, cause he was so lucky with Bailey, Melancon and Silva (and the other Carpenter).  This Sox Front Office couldn't identify good pitching if they were dressed up, engulfed in neon signs and put in the display window at Macy's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Reminds of the day of bringing in Joe Rudi, Tony Perez, or The Eck in his final year.... if they think Oswalt is the answer we may as well blow it up.

Even if he pitched well he is a 5 inning pitcher now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

They have Cook and Ohlendorf and Germano and Duckworth all pitching extremely well in Pawtucket as starters.  While Oswalt would bring a veteran presence to the rotation, So would Cook and Ohlendorf.  And Germano has actually outpitched them all. 

What the Sox don't need is another starter, especially one so reluctant and in need of time to get up to speed.  They need bullpen help.  Youk for Balfour, and bring up the hottest minor league hitter--Middlebrooks.  Sign M. Gonzalez and dump Justin Thomas and Matt Albers, pronto.  Trade Aceves and Padilla for Wade Davis or something like that.  No way Byrd and Padilla should be in the same clubhouse and no way Aceves is a closer (tonight not withstanding).  Just my opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I have no interest in Oswalt.  Might was well roll the dice with Dice.  They'd both be ready for MLB around the same time.  Dice could actually beat him back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

why sign oswalt when we have cook? plus oswalt didn't even want to be here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I have a problem with guys who don't feel comfortable pitching in AL east. Stay away from him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wouldn't go any higher than $2M/1 with easy incentives to $4M and harder incentives to $6M tops.

That means no go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

this is the worst news i've heard in awhile. i really hope we do not go after this BUM!!

you said it blade. the AL east is the hardest division to pitch in in baseball hands down... anyone who is not up to the task is garbage in my book. and at 10 mil for 1 year thats really really expensive garbage. let the cards have him.

@parhunter55 i agreed with you up until you wanted to trade aceves. He is invaluable to this team not so much as a closer but as an innings eating reliever/spot starter in case anyone goes down. bard? hes our closer

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Great.  They are in desperate need of BP help, and they respond by going after a Starting Pitcher.

That's like trading away a pitcher in the minors for a CF that can't hit his weight and the guy ain't heavy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Sox renewed intrest in Roy Oswalt:
    Great.  They are in desperate need of BP help, and they respond by going after a Starting Pitcher. That's like trading away a pitcher in the minors for a CF that can't hit his weight and the guy ain't heavy.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

sox didnt trade a pitcher in the minors...you must be thinking of another team

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: Sox renewed intrest in Roy Oswalt : sox didnt trade a pitcher in the minors...you must be thinking of another team
    Posted by stillallbost08

My mistake.  I thought Byrd was acquired for Bowden and a pitcher to be named later.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Sox renewed intrest in Roy Oswalt": [QUOTE]I read the thread title and mistakingly assumed that there was news on Oswalt regarding the Red Sox. Posted by Firefligh2008[/QUOTE Haha...I'm sure the Sox are looking to throw another starting pitcher into the mix right now...that's just what they want to do, especially a guy who hasn't pitched at all since last year...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: Sox renewed intrest in Roy Oswalt : My mistake.  I thought Byrd was acquired for Bowden and a pitcher to be named later.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Maybe we can give Chris Carpenter back. Might as well hes garbage. Lol

Sections
Shortcuts