Sox resign Ryan Sweeny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Sox resign Ryan Sweeny

In response to charliedarling's comment:

If I am the Red Sox I buy Sweeney a first baseman's glove and start hitting him balls as soon as he sets foot in Fort Myers.

In fact and better still, if I am Ryan Sweeney (and don't already have such a glove) I go out and buy one TODAY, right this second even, and start making it comfortable on his hand.  It could be what keeps him in the major leagues for another season or two.

He HAS to be athletic enough to learn to play first base in the next two months if he can play center field on the major league level even if he has never played an inning at first base yet.

Why would you move a pretty good defensive CFer to 1b? If I was Nava I would do my best to convince the team I could play 1b or find a nice apartment in Rhode Island.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Well, wherever he playse, they better cover all the walls with extra padding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I have a feeling he and Gomes can be the platoon that Ross and Sweeny should have been. If all 4 outfielders are healthy it should be a productive group. There's a huge difference between Gomes and Sweeny, obviously, with Gomes' power and Sweeny's D...makes for a versatile group.

Sections
Shortcuts