Sox Say Yes to Lester in 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sox Say Yes to Lester in 2014

No Brainer.

NOV. 1, 5:10pm: The Red Sox have officially announced the exercise of the option, by way of a team press release.

NOV. 1, 4:32pm: WEEI.com's Rob Bradford tweets that the Red Sox have now officially picked up Lester's option. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Sox Say Yes to Lester in 2014

Time to extend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

If they don't extend, can he leave as a free agent after 2014?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Time to extend.

Thats what I was thinking. Why not work on a 4 year deal instead of just picking up a one year option. Hopefully thats in the works. Lester surprised me this year. After a poor start (after his first few games, that is) he was excellent from around Aug on to the end of the season. He figured it out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I'd like to see them offer Lester 4/60 or 5/65 ...  not sure what it would take, but the next season really will determine what he would be worth on the FA market.  The 5/65 would make him 35?  Clearly, there have been some would have thived in their late 30s but this is not common.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Jon Lester ‏@JLester31 23h

Thanks for the love y'all! Thrilled to be back with the best organization in baseball next year and hopefully for many more years to come!

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

22h

Lester has started 194 games the last six seasons. Only 10 starters in the majors have more. Verlander tops with 202. #redsox

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 22h

Picking up option does not preclude #RedSox and Lester negotiating an extension. But team faced deadline on the option.

Sections
Shortcuts