the family not the deceased.you suck it up and show your love
    for the family and your dead friend.i dont care what it takes
    you just go.selfish redsox players you need to growup and
    ack like adults.this makes me sick.you players will never
    forget what you did.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: sox should be ashamed of themselves

Pesky gave everything to this team...Stayed in the dugout as long as they allowed him to, was there for the WS victories and even raised the flag with Yaz...Im ver surprised there were only 4 guys there...He show thius organization and the players so much respect and only 4 showed up to bid their final fairwell to him? Pathetic if you ask me...By the way, how many showed up that night at the BeckettBowl? I know maybe some had prior commitments, but not 21 of them...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: sox should be ashamed of themselves:
    [QUOTE]Pesky gave everything to this team...Stayed in the dugout as long as they allowed him to, was there for the WS victories and even raised the flag with Yaz...Im ver surprised there were only 4 guys there...He show thius organization and the players so much respect and only 4 showed up to bid their final fairwell to him? Pathetic if you ask me...By the way, how many showed up that night at the BeckettBowl? I know maybe some had prior commitments, but not 21 of them...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]Big Papi and Vicente Padilla were there. Clay too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Quick question, if the Sox were winning and five games up on the Yankees, would any of this really be news?

I agree with the fact that the Sox are pampered/spoiled as much as the next guy, but I can't be too critical about most of the Sox team not attending someone's funeral that they probably hardly even knew.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" but I can't be too critical about most of the Sox team not attending someone's funeral that they probably hardly even knew."

If they barely knew him that's on them, because Pesky was loyal and present and there for the team. 

The contrast between the lack of attendance at Pesky's funeral and the high attendance at Beckett's party was one more black eye for the team. It may not reflect their true feelings but that's one failing of this manager - inability to take those perceptions into account and then manage accordingly. We used to have a manager who was very good at that but many on this forum wanted him fired lol. 

A little better understanding of Sox tradition wouldn't hurt this team and from the looks of your post it wouldn't hurt you either....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

Yes this would be news even if they were winning

[QUOTE]Quick question, if the Sox were winning and five games up on the Yankees, would any of this really be news? I agree with the fact that the Sox are pampered/spoiled as much as the next guy, but I can't be too critical about most of the Sox team not attending someone's funeral that they probably hardly even knew.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sox should be ashamed of themselves : Big Papi and Vicente Padilla were there. Clay too.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

yeah, but they were at the funeral too...I should have said how many that didnt go to the funeral went to the BB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sox should be ashamed of themselves : yeah, but they were at the funeral too...I should have said how many that didnt go to the funeral went to the BB
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]I'm not going to argue that we don't have some lazy ballplayers. I'd sure like to see David Ortiz retire with a big red B on his cap though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sox should be ashamed of themselves : I'm not going to argue that we don't have some lazy ballplayers. I'd sure like to see David Ortiz retire with a big red B on his cap though.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I agree...Papi has earned another 2yr deal IMO...never had an issue with him. Well, other than the occasional disrespect rant. But even those are really harmless IMO.
    It just bothers me that only 4 guys can go to the funeral of one of the great Sox players who was always there for them/team until he could no longer physically do it, and a lot more went to the BeckettBowl that very night...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sox should be ashamed of themselves : I agree...Papi has earned another 2yr deal IMO...never had an issue with him. Well, other than the occasional disrespect rant. But even those are really harmless IMO. It just bothers me that only 4 guys can go to the funeral of one of the great Sox players who was always there for them/team until he could no longer physically do it, and a lot more went to the BeckettBowl that very night...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]Looks to me like the only guys who didn't go were on the road trip. More CHB tripe I think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Should we really be surprised only 4 current players showed up? I think its sickning but the more I think of it I am not surprised the least only four showed up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Should we really be surprised only 4 current players showed up? I think its sickning but the more I think of it I am not surprised the least only four showed up.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]There were some retired players there too in case you missed it. But being from Canada, I wouldn't expect you to know baseball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sox should be ashamed of themselves : There were some retired players there too in case you missed it. But being from Canada, I wouldn't expect you to know baseball.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I am from maine and I am well aware that there were lots of former players there. My disgust is with the CURRENT members of the team that didn't attend.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It's was truly disturbing to read about this today. I understand maybe some people don't like going to funerals or that they have busy lives but it's no excuse. Every member of the team and coaching staff should've been there to show the Pesky family how much he meant to them and the organization. This team becomes more unlikable by the day.