Sox should get Andruw

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Sox should get Andruw

Perfect platoon player for RF, scorches LHP, and to steal him from NY would be a good move.
    Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Sox should get Andruw

Not a bad option for maybe $1-2M/1 year.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

I don't care what cherington says, The RS are not that great a team, the pitching is poor, the hitting is suspect, and there will be injurys, there always is.

couple with that, the RS decision not to spend beyond 178 millon, leaves the RS with no space to improve the team, 

The only nice thing here is that the fans won't go into 2012 thinking the RS will go anywhere beyond third or fourth place, 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Sox should get Andruw:
    Not a bad option for maybe $1-2M/1 year.
    Posted by moonslav59

Probably would end up in a bidding war but if we could get him, i think he would be a great asset.
    He's a great defender as well and his swing its made for Fenway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

He would be a nice addition although I think Ben might be hard pressed to exceed $2 M without calling a Board of Directors Meeting with the two owners and the president in attendance. Of course by then the Yankees will have raised the ante to $2.5 M and we would have lost Andruw.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Would signing Andruw be more like bringing in Mike Cameron or someone like that again?  Andruw Jones may not have enough left to regularly play RF in Fenway.  Darnell has much more to offer and should be given an opportunity with Ryan Kalish, Josh Reddick or Cody Ross, Josh Willingham, Carlos Quentin, Michael Cuddyer etc. to be the 4th outfielder.  Since David Ortiz has accepted arbitration, I think the Sox should not try to bring in Carlos Beltran since Carlos likely would not get enough opportunity to hit as a DH.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

First of all, Ben C. is going to use available money to fix the starting pitching staffs and the bullpen staffs.  What is left, he may can use that remaining money to find a RF.

The biggest problem for him is that he is alway out of shape when he arrived at the spring trainings in the past four to something years.

Do you want him to play RF being over-weight guy.  Perfect spot for him is to be RF/DH, but now the DH spot is taken away.

Right now he still looking for a team to play full time.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

All reports state that Jones wants to return to NY and they want him back. I think this deal will get done for NY.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

All reports state that Jones wants to return to NY and they want him back. I think this deal will get done for NY.
    Posted by jesseyeric

True. We would have to offer more to obtain his services. I would be willing to go as high as $4M. Good stick coming off the bench.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Sox should get Andruw : True. We would have to offer more to obtain his services. I would be willing to go as high as $4M. Good stick coming off the bench.
    Posted by Alibiike

Word is that he is pushing his workouts to the point of making a true effort to get back some of his own glory and he hopes to steal one of the corner OF slots from either Gardner or Swish. Doubt that is possible, but if he actually pulled that off, Swish becomes a very marketable player.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

1 year and 1M, old man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Would signing Andruw be more like bringing in Mike Cameron or someone like that again?  Andruw Jones may not have enough left to regularly play RF in Fenway.  Darnell has much more to offer and should be given an opportunity with Ryan Kalish, Josh Reddick or Cody Ross, Josh Willingham, Carlos Quentin, Michael Cuddyer etc. to be the 4th outfielder.  Since David Ortiz has accepted arbitration, I think the Sox should not try to bring in Carlos Beltran since Carlos likely would not get enough opportunity to hit as a DH.
    Posted by rgmfick

You don't know anything about major league baseball if you think Darnell McDonald should be given a shot.  He had his shot for two seasons and he SUCKS.  If he is on the team the Sox will certainly finish third or worse. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Here's the scope on Jones: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/2290/andruw-jones

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Would signing Andruw be more like bringing in Mike Cameron or someone like that again?

Except Cam was signed to be FT.

Darnell has much more to offer and should be given an opportunity 

That (DMac in RF in 2011) was one of the worst displays of fielding in RF I have ever seen. DMacs best role is to platoon with CC in LF, but that ain't happenin' either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Roid guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The Yanks only used this guy for less than half the games.  He is strictly platoon material at his age and physical condition.  Sox don't need to put out 4 mil for that type of player. 

Add another 4 mil and the Sox could put a real RF out there with power.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Would signing Andruw be more like bringing in Mike Cameron or someone like that again? Except Cam was signed to be FT. Darnell has much more to offer and should be given an opportunity  That (DMac in RF in 2011) was one of the worst displays of fielding in RF I have ever seen. DMacs best role is to platoon with CC in LF, but that ain't happenin' either.
    Posted by moonslav59

Agree with you about D-Mac.  Kalish/Reddick are a better all around player than D-Mac.  D-Mac is more likely to be tendered!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The Yanks only used this guy for less than half the games.  He is strictly platoon material at his age and physical condition.  Sox don't need to put out 4 mil for that type of player.  Add another 4 mil and the Sox could put a real RF out there with power.
    Posted by traven

He'll be 35 in April, hardly over the hill. We are paying 6M for a 35 y/o SS.
    He has value as a RF and a DH and hit 13 Hrs in 222 PA's, pretyy darn good for a part-time player, don't you think?
    BTW: He made 4.7M last year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Face...Cherington won't be able to drop a deuce without getting permission from the top, let alone make a deal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Face...Cherington won't be able to drop a deuce without getting permission from the top, let alone make a deal.
    Posted by KRomine

Agreed. Frankly, I don't know how a 37 y/o executive can have a clue. what is it with these wet-behind-the-ears GMs? Certainly they haven't experienced life long enough to obtain any wisdom!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Andruw Jones would be the worst signing imaginable. He is out of shape, way past his prime, and represents exactly the kind of player we don't need any more of!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Sox should get Andruw : Agreed. Frankly, I don't know how a 37 y/o executive can have a clue. what is it with these wet-behind-the-ears GMs? Certainly they haven't experienced life long enough to obtain any wisdom!
    Posted by Alibiike

Bring back an owner like Yawkey, a GM like Joe Cronin, and a manager like Pinky Higgins, who in their years of wisdom wanted those ni-ggers like Mays and Robinson off of the lily-white Fenway team. Right Ike? Their years of wisdom and hatred set the Sox back for decades.

Sections
Shortcuts