Sox Sign Drew

Not JD. Family sweep complete

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Sox Sign Drew

This should make andrewmitch happy :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It just keeps getting worse.

(At least Stephen has a nice OPS vs RHPs   .784 career).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

They may as well just trade away Iglesias and Lavarnway, and give them a chance to start somewhere else. I think if i were part of the amatuer draft, there is no way I'd want to be drafted by the Sox. They keep their prospects held back, losing 3 to 4 years of production at the MLB level.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

another shortstop? what?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

Smart move, I feel this is much better than some of the other recent moves, and insurance against Iglesias not being able to hit his weight

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to mattb5fon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not JD. Family sweep complete

[/QUOTE]

Bad Bad ...All i can say is bad...... Well i can also say Sad ...... What the F............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They may as well just trade away Iglesias and Lavarnway, and give them a chance to start somewhere else. I think if i were part of the amatuer draft, there is no way I'd want to be drafted by the Sox. They keep their prospects held back, losing 3 to 4 years of production at the MLB level.

[/QUOTE]

You want some cheese with that whine?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They may as well just trade away Iglesias and Lavarnway, and give them a chance to start somewhere else.

I am a huge fan of great defense at SS, but I said the same thing about Iggy 2 years ago. We are paying him $2M a year, and if we are not going to give him a chance, we should trade him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This is not how I wanted to start my Monday morning.  LOL

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to slakrking's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Smart move, I feel this is much better than some of the other recent moves, and insurance against Iglesias not being able to hit his weight

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't mind this at all, especially since it's for only one year. This is an Adrian Beltre/Cody Ross situation where he's hoping to have a nice season and seek a bigger payday next winter, which could work out well for both sides.

(I wish we could have kept Demptser to just one year, and two tops on Napoli and Victorino, but that's another topic.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Why not just bring back JD, and we can all sing Kum-buy-yah!

After all, we do need an OF'er who can hit righties.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Prior to shattering his ankle in 2011 Drew posted OPSes of .875, .683, .836, .748 and .810. I'd take that offensive production from the SS position. He also looked very good in the field with Oakland last year. Oh, and he'll be playing for a contract. I like it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Prior to shattering his ankle in 2011 Drew posted OPSes of .875, .683, .836, .748 and .810. I'd take that offensive production from the SS position. He also looked very good in the field with Oakland last year. Oh, and he'll be playing for a contract. I like it.

[/QUOTE]

want some cheese with that KOOL-AID ? ......lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They may as well just trade away Iglesias and Lavarnway, and give them a chance to start somewhere else.

I am a huge fan of great defense at SS, but I said the same thing about Iggy 2 years ago. We are paying him $2M a year, and if we are not going to give him a chance, we should trade him.

[/QUOTE]

Boston should trade Iggy (the A's need a SS), Lavarnway, and another top prospect to Oakland for Brett Anderson.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

As much as I like to play GM for the Red Sox, I really do not care how much money they pay any players, but I sure would have loved to be a .230 hitter last year and sign for millions with the Sox this off season.

Wait until this Drew is unable to play some games because he is hurt.  Just like his brother he will get killed by the fans and the media to the point that I am very surprised that he signed with Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I would have rather seen the Sox bring back Alex Gonzalez for a 1 year at a lot less money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I see this as Iggy Insurance.  Iggy will probably be the starting SS at the beginning of the year.  If his offense improves to even a marginal level he'll remain there and Drew will be traded at the deadline.

If Iggy's offense doesn't improve he'll be sent back to Pawtucket and Drew will be the starting SS for the remainder of the year and we deal with the vacancy at SS in 2014. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Care to give some examples?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Hahahaha, where is Andrewmitch? Look for a mushroom cloud, that is where he resides.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, we add competence to SS. Give the rookie a shot, but keep the position solid. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly right.  No draft pick compensation either.   Hopefully the "there is no plan" idiots have finally figured out what the plan is.

You know the complainers would be going nuts in May if Iglesias had an OPS of .391 again......

Sections
Shortcuts