Sox Sign Drew

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnglishSox. Show EnglishSox's posts

Re: Sox Sign Drew

good signing.  stop all the whinging

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I was willing to give the Sox front office and Cherington the benefit of the doubt but the parade of picking up table scraps likeb last year parade of over the hill pitchers just continues. I'm outta here. Let me know when Henry sells and maybe I'll come back on board, but until then the Sox have lost a fan of 50 years. 

Good bye, Hetch

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He is scrappy, I dont mind having him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is scrappy, I dont mind having him.

[/QUOTE]

He's the more durable drew. I dont either, exam. Short term deal while either/both iggy or Bogaerts develop. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

IT IS AN INSURANCE POLICY...NOTHING MORE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They may as well just trade away Iglesias and Lavarnway, and give them a chance to start somewhere else. I think if i were part of the amatuer draft, there is no way I'd want to be drafted by the Sox. They keep their prospects held back, losing 3 to 4 years of production at the MLB level.

[/QUOTE]

You b_itch even when they improve their team.

Do us all a favor and adopt another team please.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Christ this team sucks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]

They may as well just trade away Iglesias and Lavarnway, and give them a chance to start somewhere else. I think if i were part of the amatuer draft, there is no way I'd want to be drafted by the Sox. They keep their prospects held back, losing 3 to 4 years of production at the MLB level.

[/QUOTE]

Hey ike, did you like getting beat up as a kid too??? You post ludicrous comments and then when someone takes you to task you do not reply...must be because you know your comments are totally clueless and have no relevancy.

OMG, another LHH bat in our predominantly RHH line-up...why no assinine comment like that again here too??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Christ this team sucks

[/QUOTE]

We could use him, too;))

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

lol JBay yes we could....... Iggy is fine. this is a bull#crap team. IMO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see this as Iggy Insurance.  Iggy will probably be the starting SS at the beginning of the year.  If his offense improves to even a marginal level he'll remain there and Drew will be traded at the deadline.

If Iggy's offense doesn't improve he'll be sent back to Pawtucket and Drew will be the starting SS for the remainder of the year and we deal with the vacancy at SS in 2014. 

[/QUOTE]

greetings S5

I saw slakrking & flapjack say the same thing

I'm kinda shocked that you guys think

of drew as a $9.5 million insurance policy 4 Iglesias

I'm thinking he's your starting SS

and some one up there really likes acquiring new SS for opening day

I thought it was theo all those yrs

[/QUOTE]

"I'am thinking he's your starting SS".

GM Zac,

First off I hope what happened in your State didn't impact you directly.

That being said nobody was really spared.

As for Drew I'am thinking the same thing.

He improves the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

wow. didn't see this one coming. i guess this means the FO isn't sold on iggy's 1 month of decent AAA hitting. its a win-win for the sox. we are not losing anything @ the SS position as a whole (if anything its an upgrade. huge offensive upside for a slightly diminished defense) and iggy can take another year to work on his offense in AAA and be ready in 2014 to make an impact on all fronts of the game. Looks to be a "make-good" contract. should bode well for the sox.

i won't hold my hatred for his bro against him. unless its more of the same "Drew-ness". then i'll be able to call him Nancy Drew 2.0

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BannedOnTheRun--1918's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How is hitting .118 "fine"??

[/QUOTE]

well, the thought is that he will hit a bit higher than 118 and provide GG defense. but i agree that he could use another year in the minors. i like this signing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Hasn't played a full season since 2010 and his defense has declined the last two years.

I can pretty much guarantee he will cost more runs than create them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[quote]greetings S5

I saw slakrking & flapjack say the same thing

I'm kinda shocked that you guys think

of drew as a $9.5 million insurance policy 4 Iglesias

I'm thinking he's your starting SS[/quote]

Nah, I wouldn't call him "insurance" either...more like a placeholder for Iglesias to develop further.  I also expect Drew will be starting and Iglesias will probably be back at Pawtucket for the majority of the season unless there are injuries.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see this as Iggy Insurance.  Iggy will probably be the starting SS at the beginning of the year.  If his offense improves to even a marginal level he'll remain there and Drew will be traded at the deadline.

If Iggy's offense doesn't improve he'll be sent back to Pawtucket and Drew will be the starting SS for the remainder of the year and we deal with the vacancy at SS in 2014. 

[/QUOTE]

What's everybody crying about--not one player they've signed couldn't be traded at the deadline if things have fallen apart. If things are going well with these signees great- keep truckin.

The doom and gloom is overwhelming--is it your money Ben is spending? Are you getting fired if the team doesn't do well? This TEAM is a better TEAM than we had all last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

Hasn't played a full season since 2010 and his defense has declined the last two years.

I can pretty much guarantee he will cost more runs than create them.

[/QUOTE]

Based on your position, I like Drew even more now.

I would have been concerned had you said you liked his game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

....yet more b1tching and moaning.  Drew was a very good player before he broke his ankle, amassing 11.2 WAR (Fangraphs) in 3.5 seasons, including 5.1 in 2010 and 1.9 in 2011 through 20 July. 

He is going to be the Sox starting SS in 2013, he will be playing for a long term contract - he hasn't even reached 30 yet - we will likely get a good season out of him and then a draft pick as comp.  Another good move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yep lets hold back the youth another year... or two (because all these old men the team are sighning will be here in 2014 to)......... then in 2015 we can see if Iggy or Lav or Bogarts are any good. That is a strategy of a loser organization.

86 years are on the way

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Find another team...enjoy their koolaid. What's wrong with SD? Have you ever seen him play? I just know we can use a SS that can hit above .200--Re. Lavarnway---we also could use a catcher that can hit above .200. If you can package Lav, Iggy, Ells, Bailey, Kalish and Nava for some other teams prospects make the move.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

MadMc stfu

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

Yep lets hold back the youth another year... or two (because all these old men the team are sighning will be here in 2014 to)......... then in 2015 we can see if Iggy or Lav or Bogarts are any good. That is a strategy of a loser organization.

86 years are on the way

[/QUOTE]

I just don't get you. This is a one year deal make Iggy earn this spot Or even Boegarts could be the next SS. Lavarnway could be the starting catcher.