Sox sign Haeger and Ring, it's bigger than it looks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Sox sign Haeger and Ring, it's bigger than it looks

The Sox signed Charlie Haeger and Royce Ring obviouvsly for Pawtucket, not with Boston in mind, as neither will ever see Fenway Park[at  least not as Sox player's].
    Now it is fairly obviousl that their will be a deal made this week before the trading deadline involving pitching prospects. Now who will go in any deal. It would seem to make sense that Felix Doubront, Michael Bowden or some Class AA or Single  A pitchers will be involved.

So Sox fans who can we expect to see traded this week? Runando was supposed to be untouchable, but could he be included in any deal?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Sox sign Haeger and Ring, it's bigger than it looks

I think the first 2 you mentioned are on the top of the list..Doubront and Bowden..IMO, If they get rid of Ranaudo, it will be for something bigger than a bench player or a bullpen arm and will prob be a multi- player deal with him being the centerpiece...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

Could be that Buchholtz is not coming back this year and this is the only chance to get a "ring" this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zoltar. Show Zoltar's posts

Why would the Sox sign the lead singer from Van Halen?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Sox sign Haeger and Ring, it's bigger than it looks:
    [QUOTE]Why would the Sox sign the lead singer from Van Halen?
    Posted by Zoltar[/QUOTE]

Because lead singers from Van Halen are very expendable. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox sign Haeger and Ring, it's bigger than it looks : Because lead singers from Van Halen are very expendable. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Now that was hilarious! Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox sign Haeger and Ring, it's bigger than it looks : Because lead singers from Van Halen are very expendable. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

True, but are we talkin' Red Sammy, Diamond Dave? Or... *shudder*... Gary Cherone?!?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]Could be that Buchholtz is not coming back this year and this is the only chance to get a "ring" this year.
    Posted by accland[/QUOTE]

Aw, man, you didn't just type that did you?  That's something I would say in a small gathering of people who know I am corny.Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Interesting speculation.  This is what makes this part of the year fun (whether your team is in 1st place or not!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenMonster1964. Show GreenMonster1964's posts

I think you would have to add Kyle Weiland to the speculated list of names above.  As for non pitchers Lars Anderson is an obvious candidate

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]Could be that Buchholtz is not coming back this year and this is the only chance to get a "ring" this year.
    Posted by accland[/QUOTE]

It's a good thing it's Buchholtz who might not come back this year and not Clay Buchholz.  I think the Sox need Buchholz.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Sox sign Haeger and Ring, it's bigger than it looks:
    [QUOTE]The Sox signed Charlie Haeger and Royce Ring obviouvsly for Pawtucket, not with Boston in mind, as neither will ever see Fenway Park[at  least not as Sox player's]. Now it is fairly obviousl that their will be a deal made this week before the trading deadline involving pitching prospects. Now who will go in any deal. It would seem to make sense that Felix Doubront, Michael Bowden or some Class AA or Single  A pitchers will be involved. So Sox fans who can we expect to see traded this week? Runando was supposed to be untouchable, but could he be included in any deal?
    Posted by peanutandme[/QUOTE]I think that Doubront is probably not on the table. The RS are hardly set with the big club in terms of pitchers, right now or in 2012.

Miller's a urban legend on BDC right now but his WHIP suggests he still maybe Andrew Miller. Wake is old. The RS healthy have 4 pitchers and one, lackey is a question mark.

Bowden could be trade material if somebody sees a higher ceiling on him than the RS do. I doubt they trade Ranando so soon. His value is certainly depressed by his stage of development and there isn't a GM out there that was instrumental in his being drafted like Hoyer was with Kelly.

If the RS are looking to make a big trade I don't think they can avoid Middlebrooks and or Larvanway. And given where those fellows project (C and 3B) and what the supply and demand is right now in MLB for those positions, the RS will be hard pressed to pull the trigger on that. This isn't a market with a Cliff Lee or Roy Halladay in it. Ubaldo's price point may go near there, but it will be supply and demand and contract terms and not the quality of the player that drives it.

I think the moves at the deadline won't be sexy (RH OFer, possible utility IF) and that signing the current picks has no impact on what the RS do with their pitching prospects.

We might see the RS as deep but they see themselves as a team that has already used 9 different starting pitchers this year and has a ton of long term money tied up with 4 of them.

Just my takes  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oleme. Show oleme's posts

No it ain't!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox signed Charlie Haeger and Royce Ring obviouvsly for Pawtucket, not with Boston in mind, as neither will ever see Fenway Park[at  least not as Sox player's]. Now it is fairly obviousl that their will be a deal made this week before the trading deadline involving pitching prospects. Now who will go in any deal. It would seem to make sense that Felix Doubront, Michael Bowden or some Class AA or Single  A pitchers will be involved. So Sox fans who can we expect to see traded this week? Runando was supposed to be untouchable, but could he be included in any deal?
    Posted by peanutandme[/QUOTE]

Royce Ring and Haeger are both horrible:

Ring had an ERA over 6 for Seattle's AAA farm club Tacoma. Though he had 25 K's in 23 IP, his WHIP was over 1.5. How good is he, given that the Mariners saw no need for a 30 year old reliever with a career ERA over 5.

Charlie Haeger, also released by the Mariners had a 7.74 ERA for their AAA Tacoma farm club with a WHIP of 1.921. 

Can you spell scrap heap garbage?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I don't see Theo doing anything huge before the deadline unless he knows Clay won't be back this season.  If we don't trade for a SP I believe Clay will be back.  If so, we may see a RH bat or reliever at the most.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by peanutandme[/QUOTE]WE DONT NEED NO STINKING DEAL. JUST THE WAIVER WIRE, UNLESS SEATTLE WANTS JD DREW FOR KING FELIX!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

I kinda got excited when I saw this post. I figured one of them might be a SS. Alas, both pitchers. Some posters already have them DFA before they've even got here. Maybe these guys throw good BP.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

To  ADG, I realize that Haeger and Ring are both  scrap heap  player's as you describe them, but what I'm saying is they will both finish out the year in Pawtucket and be fill ins for that  staff.

But I also realize that means their be someone[s] going that are now their such as Doubront, Bowden or others.

After all the Sox FO are not trying to built a winner in Pawtucket, but Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Under Wastefield's tutelage, Haeger might become a star. Imagine having another knuckleballer waddling around for the next 15 years of his career. I hope he enjoys potato salad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]To  ADG, I realize that Haeger and Ring are both  scrap heap  player's as you describe them, but what I'm saying is they will both finish out the year in Pawtucket and be fill ins for that  staff. But I also realize that means their be someone[s] going that are now their such as Doubront, Bowden or others.   After all the Sox FO are not trying to built a winner in Pawtucket, but Boston.

Understood. What we should be feaful is that they pitch decently for a short time in Pawtucket and Theo decides to call them up.

Sections
Shortcuts