Sox sign Shane Victorinio to Three year deal.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Sox sign Shane Victorinio to Three year deal.

Its offical Sox have landed Vitorinio with a Three year deal per Alex spear Of weei Radio. The deal is said to include 38 million dollars of guarenteed money. Obviously its a little bit of an over pay but its on a short term basis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Sox sign Shane Victorinio to Three year deal.

Not a good signing in my opinion.  Victorino can't hit and seems to be declining. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its offical Sox have landed Vitorinio with a Three year deal per Alex spear Of weei Radio. The deal is said to include 38 million dollars of guarenteed money. Obviously its a little bit of an over pay but its on a short term basis.

[/QUOTE]

Good move for RS. Quality player on 3 yr deal. Gives us insurance should Ells get hurt AGAIN. Allows Gomes to platoon w/ Kalish or Nava in LF. Good mentor for JBJ. Now go get some PITCHING then get some more PITCHING! and after that get some more PITCHING!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox4life2280. Show sox4life2280's posts

The signing of both Gomes and Victorino, pretty much guarantees Ellsbury will either be dealt by the trading deadline if the teams is underachieving, or they let him walk after next season.  They are not going to lock up Ellsbury up longterm and block Jackie Bradley Jr. from coming up to the majors.  Plus they have depth with Kalish, Brentz, and Nava.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Must needed move. At least it wasnt Swisher

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good move for RS. Quality player on 3 yr deal. Gives us insurance should Ells get hurt AGAIN. Allows Gomes to platoon w/ Kalish or Nava in LF. Good mentor for JBJ. Now go get some PITCHING then get some more PITCHING! and after that get some more PITCHING!

[/QUOTE]

Im hoping For Edwin Jackson and Brandon McCarthy offer the 3/38 and see if they bite. Lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftymcrighty. Show Leftymcrighty's posts

Unless Ellsbury is going in a trade, this signing stinks.

Victorino's skills have eroded in the last couple of years. He doesn't have the bat to be a corner OF.

Napoli, Victorino ansd Gomes? Does Ben know how to make a TRADE for someone under 32?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not a little overpay...it,s a HUGE overpay. But it buy,s them time until the farm hands are ready...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

the sox really need an impact bat, i mean we traded away gonzalez who was our #3 hitter, napoli and victorino are not even close to that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im hoping For Edwin Jackson and Brandon McCarthy offer the 3/38 and see if they bite. Lol

[/QUOTE]

You are kidding...Right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the sox really need an impact bat, i mean we traded away gonzalez who was our #3 hitter, napoli and victorino are not even close to that.

[/QUOTE]

problem is, you kinda have to play with the cards you are dealt.  Outside of Hamilton, who is the 'impact bat' out there this year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Everybody cut it out with the overpay stuff.  Wake up and smell the inflation.  B J Upton got 75 million.  He had a .298 OBP last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everybody cut it out with the overpay stuff.  Wake up and smell the inflation.  B J Upton got 75 million.  He had a .298 OBP last year.

[/QUOTE]

Call it like it is Hfx.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are kidding...Right?

[/QUOTE]

Im serious on McCarthy not so much on Jackson. Lol   Id like to see the sox pick up few Starting pitchers Now that we have spent money on bats and fielding.In addition to McCarthy Id Like to see Lohse here i his price is reasonable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...except we already have Shane Victorio....and he is 8 yrs younger and cost us less than a mil....his name is Ryan Kalish. Don,t mind over paying to plug a hole...but Victorino? Don,t think so...let Kalish play and Blossom into the next Shane...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not a good signing in my opinion.  Victorino can't hit and seems to be declining. 

[/QUOTE]

how long has Victorino been in the majors? Can't hit? I guess everyone is just plain stupid or your comments ...seem to be declining

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...except we already have Shane Victorio....and he is 8 yrs younger and cost us less than a mil....his name is Ryan Kalish. Don,t mind over paying to plug a hole...but Victorino? Don,t think so...let Kalish play and Blossom into the next Shane...

[/QUOTE]

Mmm. Intresting point Mako.  Kalish really might be the next Victorino.  problem is, no one is really certain of that.  His injury year messed with his progression.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mmm. Intresting point Mako.  Kalish really might be the next Victorino.  problem is, no one is really certain of that.  His injury year messed with his progression.  

[/QUOTE]

Sure it did...but he was a rising star before that. Kalish will play, and do really well, somewhere....The kid has IT....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

This is an underwhelming signing of a merely decent player with some speed and a good glove with little power.  I like that he is a switch hitter but beyond that he has  not been very impressive in recent seasons. I suppose overall he would have to be considered an upgrade from Cody Ross but he certainly doesn't have the power of Ross.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

In response to Leftymcrighty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unless Ellsbury is going in a trade, this signing stinks.

Victorino's skills have eroded in the last couple of years. He doesn't have the bat to be a corner OF.

Napoli, Victorino ansd Gomes? Does Ben know how to make a TRADE for someone under 32?

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

WOW what a HORRIBLE move.  I would'nt even give him 1 year at 8 mill.  What does this front office see in him.  I see declining skills for a player that 2 teams did n't want.  I just do not get it???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

I would bet like most here that Ells is on the move.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Yaso#7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WOW what a HORRIBLE move.  I would'nt even give him 1 year at 8 mill.  What does this front office see in him.  I see declining skills for a player that 2 teams did n't want.  I just do not get it???

[/QUOTE]

what makes you see declining skills?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

im not much to criticize any GM for signing a guy to improve the team, and i could care less how overpaid these salamis are irregardless of stats...but im not a big fan of this move...we have a few guys already who can play at this guys level and cost a whole lot less (and thus give us more for a Grienke/ace $$$$)

i give this a C-

napoli B/B+

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looks to me like Kalish will get his chance this year....To beat out Nava in spring training. Then to beat out Gomes in LF. If he can do those two things he can then try to beat out Victorino in RF long term.

Sections
Shortcuts