Sox sweep evil empire

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Sox sweep evil empire

And I win the Florida lottery at the same time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Sox sweep evil empire

The great thing about baseball (or about any sport) is that anything could happen.

The Red Sox have been underperforming but could overperform for a weekend.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I would love to see a sweep of the EE, am doubtful...but would settle for just taking the series from them.  Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Could happen since Nova is not pitching in the series.  Everytime the Yankees have a clutch pitcher against the Red Sox, Red Sox will more likely struggle on winning the series.  

Nova have pitched twice in the first two series against the Red Sox.  Now he is going to miss it

Red Sox more likely to win the series or sweep!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Sox sweep evil empire:
    Sox sweep evil empire I was thinking the same thing I'm afraid they look past the sox thinking of their big game with the O's on monday ;-) oops am I still alowed to say monday
    Posted by pinstripezac

Not according to Carl Crawford.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

I would love to see a sweep of the EE, am doubtful...but would settle for just taking the series from them. 
    Posted by traven
    I think Cook vs Hughes is one the sox have to have. I'm not so sure the other tow matchups favor the sox as much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Sox sweep evil empire : I think Cook vs Hughes is one the sox have to have. I'm not so sure the other tow matchups favor the sox as much.
    Posted by pri360

Without A-Rod, Lester and Doubront should have a little bit easier time to pitch against the heavily left handed line up!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I agree. They will sweep the Yankees then proceed to lose 4 in a row afterwards. Just to get our hopes up only to let us down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

sox will be swept out the door.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS01. Show LS01's posts

Only in our dreams while sleeping.  I am a SOX fan but they will be 14 games out by the end of this series.   Trade everyone and start over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Actually, this makes sense.  The Sox could go all-out and actually sweep, just in time to make ownership team think "There is a chance after all!" and make some foolish moves.  

False hope intstilled, and then the OTHER Sox team shows up, losing 5 of 6 to some other middling team, and then it's too late to make moves to benefit next year's team.  This team may push and make the wild card, but I don't see the fire or consistency needed to make a sustained push in the post season.  Just saying you made it to the playoffs is not enough if the roster couldn't do much when there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from samclemens. Show samclemens's posts

Certainly the Sox have a chance to win the series, sweep it or be on the short end.  I will be at the game in the Bronx on Saturday, an annual trip from NH, to once again see C.C. Sabathia pitch a Saturday Fox game at home.  He was won all 4 starts when I have been at the games although they have always been competitive and entertaining.  A few years ago Clay Buchholz held his own, but ultimately could not pick up the W.  A couple of years ago, it was interesting to see Kevin Youkilis play left field.  It was not exactly a good fit defensively for him. 

As far as the other 2 starters in the series (Hughes and Kuroda), both have been pitching consistently very well and stringing together quality starts.  While I do think Cook has the best chance for a W if the very good Hughes in July does not show up (always a possibility).  The debut of Ichiro in New York will be  interesting for sure and I would expect him to get a very positive reception.  Enjoy the games and we have 3 more head to head series down the stretch with all the usual drama and unpredictable variables.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

No pitching and an offense that cannot punch its way out of a paper bag. What are you smoking? Lets get real, the season ended lastbweekend against Toronto.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

This team would be luckey if they could sweep the floor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Very good possibility that we take 2 out of 3.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I'm thinking the Sox will showcase trade bait this weekend.  I would not be surprised to see head scratching lineups.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Do you guys remember a year or two ago when Pedey was compared to Cano and Ellsbury to Granderson & I think there was a survey as whom would be preferred ?

HR      BA       Lifetime                           HR      BA       Lifetime

Cano              22      .319     .309                 *Pedey      7        .267    .301

Granderson    27      .249     .266                 *Ellsbury    1       .282     .300

* yup, I know...both hurt so stats can't be fair....

It seems Cano the better choice.  Ellsbury better average but HRs better for both Cano & Granderson.

Tex               19        .262      .280                  Gonzo      9       .291   .293

Even though Gonzo has a higher batting average, I wish we had gotten Texeira years ago !!! Anyway, Monday morning quarterback that I am I wish we had kept Beltre.  But too I wish we had not gotten Crawford, DiceK, Lackey etc. but their injuries are not mgmt's fault. Reddick playing well with Oakland & we still have not used Bailey. Sometimes life and baseball are not fair. I'm just venting a bit...mea culpa !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from samclemens. Show samclemens's posts

I'm thinking the Sox will showcase trade bait this weekend.  I would not be surprised to see head scratching lineups.
    Posted by chuchos

Dead fish and rotten apples are not good bait from what I understand. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would love to see a sweep of the EE, am doubtful...but would settle for just taking the series from them. 
    Posted by traven

I don't expect the Red Sox to win the series but it would be nice if they do.  I just don't have much confidence that the Red Sox will have a winning record for the remainder of the season. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: Sox sweep evil empire : I don't expect the Red Sox to win the series but it would be nice if they do.  I just don't have much confidence that the Red Sox will have a winning record for the remainder of the season. 
    Posted by susan250

I like the thought of the Sox finishing above .500 - it would indeed be a sad thing to see them not do that. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Sox sweep evil empire : I like the thought of the Sox finishing above .500 - it would indeed be a sad thing to see them not do that. 
    Posted by traven

If Beckett and Lester can turn things around the Red Sox have a chance of improving for the remainder of the season.  It would make me happy to see this happen.  It is also possible but unlikely that one of them is traded before the trade deadline. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As Dad would say........   "Son, thats a stretch" !!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Going to tonights game. Bringing my pillow and blankey as I am sure it will be another 5 hour killfest.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The great thing about baseball (or about any sport) is that anything could happen. The Red Sox have been underperforming but could overperform for a weekend.
    Posted by hill55

Does boring or dull best describe you?

Sections
Shortcuts